Games Kids Should Not be Allowed to Play?

Games kids shouldn't be playing... any and all Mature rated games. They are rated as such for a reason, kids shouldn't be playing them in the first place.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

3 hours ago, Atmos said:

You appear to not have understood almost anything that I said, let me try and simplify it for you.

Kids in even shitty families are taught that violence is bad 90% of the time. Even playing violent games won't make kids who know its bad, go out and start ripping heads off of small animals or other fucked up shit.

However... 90% of families will NOT talk to their kids about sex, because that's just the way society is. These kids then not really understanding the act, see people getting blowjobs from prostitutes, raping people, and other various acts; then because they don't understand could go out and try to figure it out for themselves. I shouldn't have to say it, but 12yr olds having sex with each other because they saw it in a game and their parents refuse to talk to them about it is just fucking wrong.

Even from my own personal experience, I had a close friend who lost their virginity at 13, and it straight fucked him up for almost 5 years. It was as much his parents faults for not talking to him about it, as it was his own for trying to 'get some' after seeing it in GTA.

That assumes "12 year olds" are influenced by games they see. Jury is still out on that one.

Time for me to do a bit simplifying.  Kids know that violence is wrong from their parents they know that illegal/immoral sex is wrong from society (and in every case I have seen, their parents but we will discount them for now).

So basically from various sources they know violence and I/I sex are wrong.  Assuming youngsters are influenced by the games they play, why are violent games ok whilst I/I sex games are bad?

Oh and by the way I have to dispute your 90% of even shitty families teach violence is wrong .  I have seen children egged on by their parents to "get in there and do some damage".

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

8 minutes ago, soup said:

That assumes "12 year olds" are influenced by games they see. Jury is still out on that one.

All media anyone consumes will influence them.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

None, as long as the parents have informed their children it's a video game, not real life and thus they should not commit some of the acts done in the game.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

5 hours ago, don_svetlio said:

Fox is hilarious - "Hatred" is A-OK but Last of Us is bad? Wow.....

The article is a few years old at this point, and likely serves as a list for parents to cite in protest rallies against video games.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

Parents are the deciding factor on whether or a child will play what game. Duh.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

11 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Parents are the deciding factor on whether or a child will play what game. Duh.

Of course they are.  How many times has there been a post on here about "I want to do this"or"I want to do that" "but my parents wont let me how do I get around this?"?

Since time immemorial children have been doing things their parents told them not to.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

I agree with fox news,

These games are not for kids.

K-18 , Read the label fox news , you dumb pieces of shit.

(⌐■_■) 

title or article should be

"Games that dumbass parents are buying for their kids"

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

It can vary from kid to kid, and this list is most likely made by someone who hasn't played any of those games (horrifyingly violent is clearly a sensationalist overstatement). Still, it's not nearly as bad as it could have been - they don't misrepresent any of the games, and stating "it is rated mature for a reason" is frankly a good thing to do, since a lot of parents don't even check what the rating is.

I don't think children below a certain age should be allowed to play, say, gta. Not necessarily for the violence (they are not stupid and realize it's just a game) but for the more mature themes it contains. Call of Duty, while mostly an obvious farce, still involves vocal online interactions with complete strangers - not something I'd want a 10 year old doing.

As usual, it all comes down to good parenting, and I can't conceive the idea of buying my (hypothetical) son a mature rated game without at least trying it out myself. What needs to stop is trying to be a psychologist and seeing things in a game that are simply not there, like encouragement towards violence or theft.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

How about just follow the ratings and research your shit like any responsible adult should... it's not fucking rocket science.

It's weird how most people here are agreeing that kids shouldn't play mature-rated games.

Usually you get all those keyboard warriors who start making jokes like "OMG THINK OF THE CHILDREN" and act of the opinion that it's over-protective to not let kids play GTA5 etc.

In terms of content, id let my theoretical kids play most games

for instance lets consider the new doom

violent? yeah... also pretty obvious that in real life you don't shoot shotguns at giant monsters

with that said. ratings are a good way for the lazy parent to decide appropriate limitations

education is my preferred method of raising youth

teach children what's right and wrong instead of censoring behaviours that don't follow your narrative

there would be a few titles id have children avoid

for instance, new gta games with strip clubs? probs not for under 14 year olds

Fractal Design Core 2500 i7 4770k GA-Z87X-UD5H Cooler Master Hyper D92 Kingston HyperX 8GB  Powercolor r9 390 PCS+ Antec HCG-620M 

That doesn't mean it won't cause young ones some very bad dreams.

I love the way media thinks that Parents are so out of touch with their kids lives the need a literal list on how to manage it. Fuck fox and fuck anything or anyone else that does similar. Basically every governing body gg bruh

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

I'd say GTA V and Call of Duty. Pretty much anything rated M that has an online multiplayer, basically.

Saints row 4 ? Are you serious fox news  ?!

The title of article = clickbait

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

well pepole mature at differend rates.

some 10 year old coud be mentally ready to play gta v, but some 20 year old coud not be.

15 hours ago, Redicat said:

How about Minecraft multiplayer...

Well it is rated E-10+ and online interactions are not "Rated" but if you seen what the little 10, 11, and 12 year old's say on there, it is quite disturbing. Also parents let their little 5 year old's play minecraft and probably they think the multiplayer is fine too.

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

Just now, Sentryy said:

Well it is rated E-10+ and online interactions are not "Rated" but if you seen what the little 10, 11, and 12 year old's say on there, it is quite disturbing. Also parents let their little 5 year old's play minecraft and probably they think the multiplayer is fine too.

you know the fucked up "minecraft animations" that are sexualised as fuck

3 minutes ago, Aytex said:

you know the fucked up "minecraft animations" that are sexualised as fuck

Yes, that too. They also make it into "Youtube Kids" which in my opinion is quite disturbing.

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4.