Games Kids Should Not be Allowed to Play?

7 minutes ago, Praesi said:

I dont argue with a Kid about things he cant understand. Your Parents should be visited by the youth office.

"I'm 13 but have 100% informed and well made opinions on parenting" I'm only 18 (so I don't pretend to have any knowledge about this kind of stuff) but claiming to know about parenting when you're still a literal child is a bit rich...

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

Everyone has the right to play any game

when i got my first psp it had 

GOD OF WAR

GTA vice city

Call of duty

and even more that where +18 or M rated

and i was 6-7!!!        SO FOX NEWS SHOULD GO AND Suck my a$$:D

2 minutes ago, DebatED Nothing said:

"I'm 13 but have 100% informed and well made opinions on parenting" I'm only 18 (so I don't pretend to have any knowledge about this kind of stuff) but claiming to know about parenting when you're still a literal child is a bit rich...

I'm not claiming that I know everything about parenting. I'm saying there's nothing wrong with my parents.

1 minute ago, Offical_Meep said:

Everyone has the right to play any game

when i got my first psp it had 

GOD OF WAR

GTA vice city

Call of duty

and even more that where +18 or M rated

and i was 6-7!!!        SO FOX NEWS SHOULD GO AND Suck my a$$:D

No one has a right to play any video games. They're a luxury item and thus a privilege not a right.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

Just now, RahulR said:

I'm not claiming that I know everything about parenting. I'm saying there's nothing wrong with my parents.

Yes and I'm saying you can't reasonably claim to know that as someone with no knowledge of parenting.

1 minute ago, DebatED Nothing said:

Yes and I'm saying you can't reasonably claim to know that as someone with no knowledge of parenting.

Well if I (the actual child of the parents we're talking about) can't reasonably claim that my parents are good, then neither can some random person on the internet with a few sentences worth of info.

On 04/04/2016 at 6:32 PM, l_zheng101 said:

GTA 5 is obvious but there are many. The new Doom is coming out, that looks very violent. Mortal Combat X would definitely be a target game that parents would keep their kids away from. I know this because I own a copy.

Manhunt 2 is a game that shouldn't be on the list, because then kids would want to play it.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

On 4-4-2016 at 6:04 PM, givingtnt said:

WHAT ?

LAST OF US

IM SORRY BUT FUCK YOU FOXNEWS

i totaly agree wtf

HunieCam Studio

a game about stds and drugs, gz greenlight

For children (Under 10), I think those games are probably a bad choice though once a child hits 10. I think then it starts becoming more or less about what the parent(s) feel their kid is mature enough to play the more violent or gorey games.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

22 hours ago, Kalebtheking12 said:

Personally as a teenager, I cant stand video games. If youth were to be on a computer, it should be to explore what it can do and to learn how to bend the pc to their will. Video games are okay and an occasion, but to obsess over what level you are and to spend your time learning new ways to beat a level is very unproductive. Get out there and change the world! Improving and building hardware, software, and people will change the world. Not playing video games.

I'm a teenager too. (Sophomore in High School) 

I guess that's one way of looking at it. I do agree moderation is important when it comes to practically anything. I might as well go against the grain and also say that even productivity should be taken into moderation, because it's not cool to be a "Workaholic" either.

Actually by that rhetoric, I should probably spend more and make my upcoming Gaming/Content Creation build less of a Gaming PC and more of a Content Creation Build, right?

Personally I see video gaming as a hobby. Perhaps even something to make videos on/about, though by now that "formula" is pretty over done and losing momentum. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I think I should post this here

I feel bad for England (Canada and Australia too), must suck when your school systems are trying to report you to the police for letting your children play some M-rated games.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

1 hour ago, RahulR said:

Downright ignoring me because I'm a kid. Perfect logic man. You know, people who say "Shh, the grown ups are talking" are fucking stupid. Age does not at all determine intelligence. I know some 50 year olds who can be dumber than a stone. I know some 7 year olds who are smarter than Einstein.

Please don't take that seriously, they were hyperboles.

Actually with age comes wisdom. The reason kids think they are smart is because they are prideful. Pride comes before fall. Youth have a problem with authority and will never say they were wrong. People with age have experience and wisdom.

Don't be prideful

1 minute ago, Kalebtheking12 said:

Actually with age comes wisdom. The reason kids think they are smart is because they are prideful. Pride comes before fall.

Wisdom Intelligence. "A wise old man" can still be dumb. Being dumb means you lack intelligence, you are not smart. Being wise would be like saying "don't do the same mistakes I made", you require experience to say that.

1 minute ago, RahulR said:

Wisdom Intelligence. "A wise old man" can still be dumb. Being dumb means you lack intelligence, you are not smart. Being wise would be like saying "don't do the same mistakes I made", you require experience to say that.

Never in my life have I met a wise person who was stupid.

Just now, Kalebtheking12 said:

Never in my life have I met a wise person who was stupid.

Yes, it is uncommon, but that doesn't mean that wise and smart are the same.

1 minute ago, Kalebtheking12 said:

Actually with age comes wisdom. The reason kids think they are smart is because they are prideful. Pride comes before fall.

A non-sequitur it appears, pride is not a sin and has nothing to do with being smart. One could be humble and smart or humble and stupid. It's hypocritical and arrogant to devalue someone's views simply on the basis of their age. If two people of different ages can have the same view, what does age have to do with it? Being older does automatically make you wiser nor anymore in the right. I can surely say that there are many adults in this world who have unsound judgement, whose arguments are squashed by younger minds.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

I'm not sure if people are ironically defending Fox News or actually are defending them.

If it's the former, just stop.

If it's the latter, look at the people here. Look at me. Look at wcreek. Look at half this fucking forum. We haven't gone mentally south from playing games. Hell, I've actually become a bit more socially active because of Team Fortress 2.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen said:

A non-sequitur it appears, pride is not a sin and has nothing to do with being smart. One could be humble and smart or humble and stupid. It's hypocritical and arrogant to devalue someone's views simply on the basis of their age. If two people of different ages can have the same view, what does age have to do with it? Being older does automatically make you wiser nor anymore in the right. I can surely say that there are many adults in this world who have unsound judgement, whose arguments are squashed by younger minds.

I honestly don't think I could have said it better my self.

1 minute ago, ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen said:

Pride is the root of all sin. 

The LORD Almighty has a day in store for all the proud and lofty, for all that is exalted (and they will be humbled)

-Isaiah 2:12

The prideful will tell the world that they are smart, the bible calls those people fools. The humble will never tell you that they are smart. Yes, lots of adult have unsound judgement, I agree, but why is that? Pride. They will not admit that their ways are wrong. 

I am a 14 year old freshman. I understand that i need to listen to adults because they know best. It is a humble and biblical approach. 

I would take the same approach as my parents, I was 8 when GTA San Andreas came out and played it up until I was 12.  I'll give my kids the opportunity to play but as soon as they are tough sh** and think they can use language or actions they see in video games, I will take away the opportunity

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

12 minutes ago, ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen said:

It's funny you call me arrogant as if it is a bad thing. Is not arrogance a branch of pride? And you seem to think pride is not a sin.

At the end of the day it's up to the parents, I just don't want to hear some immature squeaker screaming at the top of his lungs after he lost a game because he thinks the other team was being unfair (true story). 

I see many kids and teens here think they know anything about anything. Let me tell you something and dont take it personal. You know nothing. You are not wise or mature nore can you judge whats good or bad for you. Thast is what your parents are for. And i see many parents here are failing on that. The state should punish them for bring their kids in danger like that.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO