Raven's Cry Developer says "Anything above 30FPS does not matter for the gaming experience"

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

Except he never claimed that.

Yes he said

"anything above 30 FPS does not matter for the gaming experience"

but that doesn't equal to "60 FPS does not provide a smoother gaming experience".

He even say it himself

"Once again - I did not say that 60 FPS is not better than 30 FPS - I only said that for an RPG 30 FPS on 4K is sufficient."

To me this is the toxic part of PC gaming that is putting words in his mouth by making assumptions. 30 FPS is perfectly fine for certain type of games and a RPG is one. That said, the game doesn't exclusively run at 30 fps either. So people are complaining for the sake of complaining here just because one dev, gave his PERSONAL opinion on the matter. Which quite frankly, I share as well. 60+fps is nice, but not an absolutely requirement like what some people on that steam thread seems to be preaching about.

To me, saying that "anything above 30 FPS does not matter for the gaming experience" means that it won't make a significant impact to one's enjoyment of the game or their ability to play it, and that leads to him meaning it doesn't make a difference, which is not an objective truth.

Where did he say that? I didn't see it in the news post, and it seems to be a direct retraction of his previous statements. But it is still flawed. What does "sufficient" mean? For something as subjective as this, it is practically impossible to draw a line in the sand and declare it "sufficient." Everyone's experience is going to be different.

Of course I have to make assumptions. I cannot take his meaning from his mind and project it directly into mine. I have to look at what he said and what those words mean to form my interpretation and hope it is in line with what he wants to convey. And who cares if the game doesn't run at exclusively 30 FPS? If people buy expensive hardware, they are well within their rights to expect a streamlined gaming experience with consistent performance. They have every right to complain to the author if it doesn't meet their expectations. In fact, these developers should take the criticism to heart and use it to improve, not only project their opinions on others as if they expect them to accept them without question. These things this developer said didn't even sound like opinions, but rather like ideals that he's trying to impose on others, and I do not like that.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

If a dev says "anything above 30 fps is dumb" said dev is incapable of making a 60 fps title.

Ye ole' train

In all games 60fps makes everything a lot smoother, ergo the experience is improved.

in some games it doesnt matter.

30FPS in a casual platform game vs 60FPS... not a huge deal

30FPS vs 60FPS in a First Person Shooter game - BIG DEAL (although, if you are good enough/used to dealing with the issues of lower FPS, 30FPS can be manageble. you'll just never be pro)

30FPS vs 60FPS in a RTS like say Total War.... who cares, its so zoomed out most of the time you wont notice much difference.

30FPS vs 60FPS in a racing game -> matters... especially if you have collision damage on, as bumping other cars due to ghosting can cost you the race.

Not even close, please stop talking about cars.

If you have an insult to throw, please have the respect to give your reasoning behind it. Bland statements like that prove nothing.

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

It doesn't matter if it's RPG, RTS or ant other game type where 30FPS is enough(ish). It's stupid that frame rate is locked on PC at all. 
People are buying 144Hz monitors to enjoy their games and devs are locking FPS to 30 because of their broken ports. This trend should stop.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

And now we understand why this game scored 27/100 on Metacritic.

If you have an insult to throw, please have the respect to give your reasoning behind it. Bland statements like that prove nothing.

He is right though. It isn't even close. The person he was replying to said it was 2 separate V12's (then corrected to V8's) which was completely false. It is a single block, with 16 cylinders in a W formation. And technically it's not a true W like a V8 is 2 banks of 4 cylinders arranged into a V, it's a staggered V where there are still 2 banks of cylinders in a normal V shape, but where the cylinders are not in a line but a W formation.

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

he should go play with the console peasants

what a fucktard LOL

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

Oh look, a developer that can't make a game is admitting to the fact that they can't make a game.

If nobody has played or heard of the game... This is a great demonstration of what it's like.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Except the veyron is actually a 2 engine car. It's 2 V12 engines running side by side to create a W24 so yeah.

No..it isnt that at all

and as the other person said stop talking about cars you clearly haven't any idea what you are talking about

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Oh look, a developer that can't make a game is admitting to the fact that they can't make a game.

If nobody has played or heard of the game... This is a great demonstration of what it's like.

God this game is such a great idea, i mean a REAL open-world pirate game would be so awesome.

But wow is this disappointing.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

Sorry if that sounded harsh, i guess it did.

This is beside the whole conversation, the W16 has staggered banks of pistons, in the same vein of VW/AUDI VR6 engines, a very narrow V angle on a single head. The Audi W12 is basically 2 VR6's heads in a V, single block with a single crankshaft. The W16 is the same idea but lengthened, so no, it is not two V8, whether they'd be side by side or end to end.

veryronw16-54ea300f94535.jpg

This is beside the whole conversation, the W16 has staggered banks of pistons, in the same vein of VW/AUDI VR6 engines, a very narrow V angle on a single head. The Audi W12 is basically 2 VR6's heads in a V, single block with a single crankshaft. The W16 is the same idea but lengthened, so no, it is not two V8, whether they'd be side by side or end to end.

-snippity-

All is forgiven.  ^_^ (Sorry; I am far too concerned with people explaining their positions.)

veryronw16-54ea300f94535.jpg

What he actually ment was that it wasnt 2 v8s side by side it was actually 2 v4s side by side and then end to end with 2 more v4s

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

To be fair, was he saying that playing that game at 30 fps is no different than 60 fps? Maybe I read it wrong but it didn't seem like he was saying 30 = 60 in all games. This smells of the typical PCMasterrace witch hunt

in some games it doesnt matter.

30FPS in a casual platform game vs 60FPS... not a huge deal

30FPS vs 60FPS in a First Person Shooter game - BIG DEAL (although, if you are good enough/used to dealing with the issues of lower FPS, 30FPS can be manageble. you'll just never be pro)

30FPS vs 60FPS in a RTS like say Total War.... who cares, its so zoomed out most of the time you wont notice much difference.

30FPS vs 60FPS in a racing game -> matters... especially if you have collision damage on, as bumping other cars due to ghosting can cost you the race.

The gaming experience is improved no matter what you think. I've played most genre of games (except Japanese RPG) and 30fps while OK still is no where near as good as 60fps.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Raven's Cry, I remember that:

:D

Still, if it were to run at more that 30 FPS, it's a crap game.

this game is so bad it's good! could not stop laughing!

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

k?

Why does this thread exist.... He is talking about their game specifically, not all games in general. And you know, he's right. SOME games are actually alright with 30fps but ofcourse that is subjective... Don't get me wrong, I can't even stand 60fps in most of the games I play, but there are some exceptions for games like L.A Noire, Force Unleashed 1&2 and even though the game was shit, Evil Within looked OK.

To be fair, was he saying that playing that game at 30 fps is no different than 60 fps? Maybe I read it wrong but it didn't seem like he was saying 30 = 60 in all games. This smells of the typical PCMasterrace witch hunt

Any game with any fucking moving images benefits from 60 FPS or better, please go back to the OP with the kid jumping on the trampoline. This is not an exaggeration this is just devs being fucking lazy and incompetent.

Nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Its Cinematic guys right ?! RIGHT GUYS PLEASE STOP ITS CINEMATIC, CINEMATIC GODDAMMIT

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Another moron?

60FPS is objectively better and gives a more smooth gaming experience, it doesn't matter if it is a 2D sprite-based game.

If the game were limited by the hardware I could understand, but on PC there are no such limitations.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Raven's Cry, I remember that:

:D

Still, if it were to run at more that 30 FPS, it's a crap game.

l7EgG3B.png

I think my point still stands :D

With this grammar, I cannot take anything this guy/woman is saying seriously...

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

With this grammar, I cannot take anything this guy/woman is saying seriously...

Attacking someone's grammar is not a valid argument, especially since this person may not be a native English speaker.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch