Raven's Cry Developer says "Anything above 30FPS does not matter for the gaming experience"

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

Do you people excercise no source critique?

1. If a positor of opinion is an idiot

2. Is well-known for being an idiot

3. Literally showed with their lack of professionalism how irrelevant their opinion/ viewpoint is:

You don't quote them!

Stop making stupid people famous!

learn something from the whole Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen clusterfuck.

If Uwe Boll comes out and says George Lucas is a hack, no news paper will quote him because he is a well-known industry tosspot. (Uwe Boll, that is) The Escapist chose to quote Derek Smart (well known industry tosspot) and made their already deep grave even deeper for some short sighted clicks.

NOBODY CARES WHAT THE DEVELOPER OF WORST GAME OF 2015 HAS TO OFFER IN TERMS OF OPINIONS ON GAMING.

Edited by Godlygamer23
Reduced text size.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

3. Literally showed with their lack of professionalism how irrelevant their opinion/ viewpoint is:

You don't quote them!

If Uwe Boll comes out and says George Lucas is a hack, no news paper will quote him because he is a well-known industry tosspot. (Uwe Boll, that is) The Escapist chose to quote Derek Smart (well known industry tosspot) and made their already deep grave even deeper for some short sighted clicks.

NOBODY CARES WHAT THE DEVELOPER OF WORST GAME OF 2015 HAS TO OFFER IN TERMS OF OPINIONS ON GAMING.

Look, what they said pretty much backs up the 'tards at the European EA (Ubisoft), so BS about 30fps should be called out.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

You don't quote them!

Wait they developed that stupid batman game?

tidjw1rz9789bcoiacse.jpg

-------

Current Rig

-------

Part of me hates, and part of me loves, to be that guy, but seriously?! More fps means more room for proper effects and better realism, period. Optimization is NOT THAT HARD!!'

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I much prefer 60 fps over 30. there is a noticable choppiness if my games drop from 60 to 30. If a game runs at only 30 fps I feel like the hardware is just barely chugging along to keep things running. imo it almost never creates a "cinematic experience". I would rather play at 60 fps and get occasional dips to 30-40 than a constant 30.

CPU: Intel 5930K - GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti SSCMotherboard: Asus X-99 PRO/USB 3.1 - RAM: 32GB HyperX Savage @ 2800mhz CL14  Case: Phtanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass - Cooling: Corsair H100i V2 / Fractal Design Venturi Fans Storage: PNY XLR8 120 GB SSD (OS) + Seagate 2TB HDD (Games)

I can't even play at 60 FPS anymore, anything lower than 80 FPS is laggy.

For me its a choice between 1024x768, 85Hz, IPS monitor, or 1080p, 60Hz (possible of 74Hz though it glitches after a few hours due to heat), TN panel screen. And its difficult to choose most of the time.

PMSL

For me its a choice between 1024x768, 85Hz, IPS monitor, or 1080p, 60Hz (possible of 74Hz though it glitches after a few hours due to heat), TN panel screen. And its difficult to choose most of the time.

1080p 144Hz for me. I can't see the difference between 80FPS and 144FPS but as soon as it drops to even 70 FPS, it's laggy.

1080p 144Hz for me. I can't see the difference between 80FPS and 144FPS but as soon as it drops to even 70 FPS, it's laggy.

I can't justify another upgrade like that as I only went from the monitor to the screen at the start of 2014.

PMSL

Look, what they said pretty much backs up the 'tards at the European EA (Ubisoft), so BS about 30fps should be called out.

oh please, ubishit, in terms of games, they wouldnt know the difference between 3.0 FPS and 30.0 FPS..... Aslong as they make money.

I can agree that 60 FPS is better. But people are being idiots if they think a game is broken for sticking with 30 FPS....

oh please, ubishit, in terms of games, they wouldnt know the difference between 3.0 FPS and 30.0 FPS..... Aslong as they make money.

I can agree that 60 FPS is better. But people are being idiots if they think a game is broken for sticking with 30 FPS....

Its broken when it runs at 30fps at 1080p with even high end graphics cards such as the 980ti and TitanX. And even the GTX 970 and GTX 980.

PMSL

Where did he say that? I didn't see it in the news post, and it seems to be a direct retraction of his previous statements. But it is still flawed. What does "sufficient" mean? For something as subjective as this, it is practically impossible to draw a line in the sand and declare it "sufficient." Everyone's experience is going to be different.

well, if you followed the source i provided, you'd have known 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

well, if you followed the source i provided, you'd have known 

Well, yeah, I figured, but it's irrelevant at this point. I think the discussion is more or less over and I have practically ceased caring about what a foolish developer has to say. 

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

And some fun damage control

More like clarification.

For an FPS, high frame rates matter for that extra level of detail, and that is helpful in a competitive environment. For a single-player RPG with no competitive elements? Completely unnecessary. Few games are fast-paced enough to require the extra level of detail from high frame rates. Gamers wanting all games to support high frame rates is nothing short of e-peen stroking. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

More like clarification.

For an FPS, high frame rates matter for that extra level of detail, and that is helpful in a competitive environment. For a single-player RPG with no competitive elements? Completely unnecessary. Few games are fast-paced enough to require the extra level of detail from high frame rates. Gamers wanting all games to support high frame rates is nothing short of e-peen stroking. 

^Never played a game at more than 30fps.

PMSL

i'd still be moving my camera and character via mouse/Key, it's not all how it looks but how it feels playing 30 vs 60 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

More like clarification.

I'm just not gonna argue with this nonsense anymore and will keep posting this picture:

364250.gif

A game, any fucking game almost, it's NOT a movie. It gives control of the camera and henceforth the action to the player. So as long as there's moving fucking images the player controls (i.e. 99% of all fucking games today, including this pile of shit) People will like interacting with 60 FPS more if given the option. All others are just kidding themselves if they claim it doesn't makes a difference: there's a real, tangible, verifiable, empirical difference here and that is more FPS = more good. It simply reacts to your actions faster and more accurately. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

30FPS ought to be enough for anybody!  Limiting FPS to 30, does not give much of a headroom for FPS drops.

Please avoid feeding the argumentative narcissistic academic monkey.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

30FPS ought to be enough for anybody!  Limiting FPS to 30, does not give much of a headroom for FPS drops.

That's another good point: 30 FPS as a target means any kind of city area, explosion, intensive lighting effect with multiple sources, etc. Will turn everything into 15 FPS slide show jumping clown up there. So you might get 30 FPS...on a remote area....out of combat....while staring at the floor....

-------

Current Rig

-------

That's another good point: 30 FPS as a target means any kind of city area, explosion, intensive lighting effect with multiple sources, etc. Will turn everything into 15 FPS slide show jumping clown up there. So you might get 30 FPS...on a remote area....out of combat....while staring at the floor....

*sigh* Mechassault 2 Lone Wolf on the Original Xbox. fps drops like that first occur during the mission where you investigate the crashed dropship early on in the game. Gimme my emulator, or an Xbox with upgraded RAM and a 1.4GHz PIII.

PMSL

Idiots.

As for the car analogy; Let the developer die, It would be better for the rest of Humanity the gaming community.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

That 30fps GIF doesn't look to bad tbh. 

it was never about how it looks, never.

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

I've yet to see a game or game type that sees zero benefit from higher framrates(by higher I mean anything above 30 FPS). To me, smoother is always better(even something as little as the stick person gif in the OP).

Indeed. While I certainly notice the low rate on undertale, a 2d rpg isn't terrible at 30. That said I sure prefer having the stick of truth running at 60+ fps.

Though once you enter that 3rd dimension and have camera control its a whole different story, but even then depends. If its view is mouse driven I'm not taking less than 60, but if I'll be using a controller 45 is where I draw the line. Unfortunately if a game supports 45, it probably supports 60 so is useless. The difference between 30 and 45 is the difference between stutter and smooth motion for me.