how do you guys deal with acne

hsm

my acne is getting so bad that im becoming schizophrenic about washing my face and picking at my pores. does anyone have anything thats work for them? here is something for the people who complain about off topic posts: GTX 980

Fallout 4 

LTT's Tumblr Consultant 

Erm - lotions and creams made to deal with it? Apply in the evening and it'll go away fast.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Honestly, mine was caused by my anxiety meds and depression meds (used for ADD, not depression. They actually dragged me down more than anything tbh). When I turned 18 and was allowed to choose to take them or not, I stopped taking them and acne cleared up. I still get some flares on my back and shoulders/arms, but nothing major anymore.

Aside from that, I tried several medications to help ease it, and none worked because mine was caused by other medicines, and not puberty and such.

EDIT: Oh, and my forehead was very bad. I cut my hair and that cleared up almost immediately. That was more greasy hair (have to wash twice a day to keep up on it, ugh), and cleared up as soon as my hair was off of my forehead constantly.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

this kind of off topic post is allowed, just fyi :)

and go see a doctor or something and get a prescription

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

acne cream works for me, maybe you should try it or you can do what @STRMfrmXMN does and uses tomato juice

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

my acne is getting so bad that im becoming schizophrenic about washing my face and picking at my pores. does anyone have anything thats work for them? here is something for the people who complain about off topic posts: GTX 980

People complain about Off Topic posts in the Off Topic section? Wat. I use some Clearasil Rapid Action Pads when I don't have time/want to wash my face with a generic CVS face wash. Not perfect but it does keep my acne at bay.

Never had it on my face.

Other places.....yeah.... I just pick at the pimples until they go away. They don't seem to scar either.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Honestly i tried so many thing and while some things sorta helped nothing has ever stopped it or even made it noticeably better :/

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

While I've never had "very bad" acne, I always tried to ignore it, but so many times it bothers me just a little and I too pick at it.

The best way to deal with it is to never touch or pick at it.  This is the hardest way...  :D

When I went to a dermatologist he recommended some drug and Persa-gel.  I'm stupid and ignored it after a while, but it did seem to work and Persa-gel can be found at places like Walmart or so.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

I stopped being a teenager, worked like a charm.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Never had it on my face.

Other places.....yeah.... I just pick at the pimples until they go away. They don't seem to scar either.

Did you happen to have... sackne ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Na but for real, make an appointment with your dermatologist :) I just went over to mine a week ago, they gave me some good medicine and shower wash for my acne, it should be clearing up soon ^_^

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Did you happen to have... sackne ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oh god.....that just sounds awful.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Oh god.....that just sounds awful.

Yeh, not quite the topic most would want to delve into

Lmaooooooooooooooooooooo

Na but for real, make an appointment with your dermatologist :) I just went over to mine a week ago, they gave me some good medicine and shower wash for my acne, it should be clearing up soon ^_^

sorry man i wish i was raised by parents who would take me to the doctors for acne.

Fallout 4 

LTT's Tumblr Consultant 

sorry man i wish i was raised by parents who would take me to the doctors for acne.

Why wouldnt your parents take you to the doctor wtf thats messed up

Why wouldnt your parents take you to the doctor wtf thats messed up

Maybe they thought that ain't no acne, but a chicken pop!

whenever I have these kind of problems I just delete the system 32 and they usually stop to exist.

you should try it !

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

benzoyl peroxide and Doxycycline Hyclate and Sunscreen

But thanks benefits didn't have to pay, and my mom brought me to the doctor. You parents won't bring you because it's expensive, luckily benefits.

You can get neutrogena but it's a little weaker but works.

If you pick at them they will become infected, and will need prescription medications to fix it.

It has a lot to do with what you eat and your stress level. Don't binge on chocolate, sugar, or oily foods. Get enough sleep. Wash your face every day, get those fancy face wipes or creams too. Sometimes you really can't do anything about it. A dermatologist might be able to prescribe some extra strength stuff if that's the case.

Never touch or pick at it. Stop being sexually (real or mind or hand or other tools) active. wash face in lukewarm water. Do not use oily moisturizer or stuff in hair.. consume more veggies than meat chocolate creams and oily foods.. also check if it is due to any medication..reduce the stress as well..

I've had fairly bad acne for around 7-8 years now as well. It sounds deceptively simple but honestly the best remedies are a good diet and plenty of water. If it's still bad after that, like mine was, go to your doctor and they can prescribe you antibiotics for it. I'm currently on a prescribed course of Lymecycline for it myself, been taking it for about 2 months now and I've noticed a big decrease in my acne. It's not completely gone but the improvement is very noticeable.