Will Linus' income take a major when everyones free year of vessel run out?

Overkilled

Depends on how Vessel pays the channels.

And that's probably under NDA so maybe it will stay the same if it just depends on the amount of people using it, or the amount of views.

But it's similar to youtube so i'm guessing it depends on views, so yea when the year runs out it will probably take a big dive.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Probably.

However in saying that, I intend to renew my Vessel subscription when my free trial runs out. £2/month doesn't seem that bad, and I'll hopefully have a source of income by March other than washing cars/mowing lawns

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

Yup after the free trial is over no doubt only around 5% (guestimate) will actually pay for Vessel. I dont think Linus even gets paid at the moment due to everybody being on a free trial.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Yup after the free trial is over no doubt only around 5% (guestimate) will actually pay for Vessel. I dont think Linus even gets paid at the moment due to everybody being on a free trial.

its the views he's payed for I think?

Why is everyone so interested in Linus's financial situation lately, this isn't for us to care about, im sure he's smart enough to not put all his eggs in one basket -_-

its the views he's payed for I think?

It's the ads iirc. I don't see how being paid by views is a good business model.

Why is everyone so interested in Linus's financial situation lately, this isn't for us to care about, im sure he's smart enough to not put all his eggs in one basket -_-

Vessel is perfect evidence that I don't put all eggs in one basket.

I'll be fine.

Everyone at LMG will be fine.

We are a VERY fiscally responsible company and I always put "paying everyone a fair salary ON TIME" at the top of the priority list.

Well, the views on vessel will go down, which do have a higher CPM than YouTube, but provided most people switch back to watching on YouTube where they have the sponsor spots it probably won't affect it too much. I wouldn't worry about LMG's financial status too much - I have faith that they're capable of managing that themselves. 

Check out my video work at youtube.com/SuperUserTech

Acer Aspire 5750G - i5-2410m | 8GB 1333Mhz RAM | 500GB 5400RPM HDD | Nvidia GT540m

2xBenQ EW2440L | Sennheiser HD600 | Corsair Vengeance K65 | Corsair Vengeance M65 | Panasonic Lumix G7 | Panasonic 20mm F1.7

Linus save a bunch of $$$ by not installing that firepole.

Vessel is perfect evidence that I don't put all eggs in one basket.

I'll be fine.

Everyone at LMG will be fine.

We are a VERY fiscally responsible company and I always put "paying everyone a fair salary ON TIME" at the top of the priority list.

As someone who's starting a tech YouTube channel, inspired by yours I'm curious does YouTube generate a decent amount of revenue or is the majority of LMG's revenue from sponsors, like MSI, Gigabyte, Intel, etc.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

As someone who's starting a tech YouTube channel, inspired by yours I'm curious does YouTube generate a decent amount of revenue or is the majority of LMG's revenue from sponsors, like MSI, Gigabyte, Intel, etc.

Only the very very successful make money on YouTube.

Make videos for fun and because you're passionate about it. If it turns into a way to make money, then great.

Only the very very successful make money on YouTube.

Make videos for fun and because you're passionate about it. If it turns into a way to make money, then great.

I tried making a youtube channel, got a few thousand subs! It fun but it ain't brining home the bacon. That's what my two companies are for :)

Depending on how Linus is paid by Vessel, it could be either of two things imo:

1.) A contract with Vessel in which he releases his videos early for them and doesn't take a hit no matter how much viewers he gets because the contract is a set number.​

2.) $2 per month for every member. Let's say Linus has 4 million subs on youtube. 5% of them pay for a Vessel subscription. That would equal $200,000 in revenue for Vessel, and depending on LMG's cut, let's say, 40%, ​that would be a revenue of $80,000 per month. Play with the numbers however you like.

Now obviously this math and logic is pretty rudimentary, but I think it's safe to say... Linus is going to be absolutely fine and will still make A LOT of money regardless. Vessel is just an extra avenue for getting money and viewership. He releases the same videos on other networks and won't take any hits because he was already going to release same video on YouTube or etc.

Linus is not stupid and obviously does not depend on Vessel to keep his company afloat. That's a huge business sin to put all of your eggs in one basket lol

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

I've been considering starting this channel for over 2 years now, and I've been watching yours for 4 years. I've been trying to post daily as I think it's a good habit to get into but it's difficult when you don't have a bunch of products to cover. I haven't posted in a few days because I'm working really hard on compiling a data sheet to show the performance improvement of each generation of NVIDIA GPU's and using that information plus information based on HBM to determine the potential performance of Pascal. 

Also just wanted to say thank you for all that you've taught me, you and your crew have inspired me to pursue a career in Computer Sciences, and you've just been an endless resource of knowledge for years now. It really means a lot.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Linus save a bunch of $$$ by not installing that firepole.

I am still sad this is not happening, I demand someone create a fire pole that terminates in the drivers seat of a pink lambo with noctua branded jet engines strapped to the side and a life sized linus doll in the passengers seat.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...