Corsair Scimitar - First MMO Gaming Mouse with Optical Sensor?

Scionyde

Scimitar_01_A.png

So, I've seen news posts for the Corsair Strafe and the Corsair Void, but haven't seen anything about the Scimitar in Tech News thus far. That's personally a bit surprising, because IMO, this is the most exciting of the three products. Here's a summary of some of the product specs as listed on their product page:

-4-Zone RGB lighting

-12 mechanical side buttons (with audible/tactile click)

-Up to 12,000 DPI

-Ability to slide number pad backward or forward (total travel distance of 8 mm) to accommodate varying hand sizes

-135 grams weight (not adjustable as far as I can tell, sorry)

-MSRP $80 USD

-Optical sensor for zero acceleration issues

That last one is a major selling point for me, personally. MMO mice are nothing new, and I own a couple myself (Razer Naga, Logitech G600). However, as far as I can tell, every MMO mouse (5+ side buttons) has a laser sensor, which means inherent acceleration issues. (EDIT: As somebody below correctly points out, the Philips Twin Eye sensor used by Razer Naga doesn't have acceleration issues, although it can wobble the cursor if you lift the mouse)

Of course, there is one major flaw that I'm sure many of you will point out...

OH GOD THE BRIGHT YELLOW IT'S SO BLINDING WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME CORSAIR??? 

If you're going to put so much emphasis on RGB in your product, I can't understand why you would slab unchangeable bright yellow on there, and have it clash with everything on your desk. This isn't the first time Corsair has done something similar, but at least the M65 RGB bright yellow 'Corsair Gaming' logo print would be covered up by your palm. Here, it's on the side, and it gets overlapped by the left click, making it difficult to paint over. 

The specs of this mouse are amazing, and if it was white or black instead of yellow, it would be the sexiest mouse out there. Maybe I'll just wait for a copycat design from Logitech or something. *sigh*

/mini-rant

http://www.corsair.com/en/scimitar-rgb-optical-moba-mmo-gaming-mouse

EDIT: I forgot to mention that technically the Logitech G602 wireless mouse was optical with 6 side buttons, but those 6 buttons are tiny and wayyy too hard to press with accuracy

Also, 12,000 dpi for maximum jitter!

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

awesome mouse, might consider getting one. tough the yellow is absolutely awful. 

i guess you could take the thing apart and paint it white or black? 

tough with all the feedback they have been getting on the yellow color scheme, i'm sure they'll release alternate versions sometime soon!

Maybe the logo is rgb. That is just a press shot.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

The yellow plastic on the side isn't RGB tough, someone should make the new innovative "RGB Plastic".

awesome mouse, might consider getting one. tough the yellow is absolutely awful. 

i guess you could take the thing apart and paint it white or black? 

tough with all the feedback they have been getting on the yellow color scheme, i'm sure they'll release alternate versions sometime soon!

Yeah, you're pretty much forced to take it apart if you want to paint over the yellow, it looks like there are too many overlapping parts to do it cleanly otherwise. *crosses fingers for alternate versions sometime soon*

I'm pretty sure the Corsair flag logo is RGB as one of the 4 lighting zones. I'm just not a big fan of that hunk of yellow plastic on the side. :S

Everyone complaining about the Yellow and Corsair issue

Meanwhile Zowie Fk users....

My m65 has a laser sensor.. IDK Why people always complain about them, I have had no mouse acceleration with it. (Enhanced pointer precision disabled in the windows mouse settings)

Not to mention it tracks on pretty much freakin everything lol

And ewww yellow....

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

That makes my Naga look like junk

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I hate that wall of buttons, I much prefer the button layout on the M95

51dTiFwLCdL._SL1000_.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I would get one of these if it didn't have that yellow.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Why does everyone fail so hard about laser mice. PTE mice have 0 acceleration. Completely null zero. They do have z-axis issues that make the icon wobble a lot if you pick up the mouse.

BTW the Naga uses a PTE sensor. (Phillips Twin Eye)

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Such a knockoff of Razer's design. Corsair: the Apple of gaming, minus being perfect.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Modelled after the scimitar car. reliant-scimitar-gte-se6se6a_ad95e.jpg?i

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I like it, they need to make the buttons on the side abit more different as I see it will be hard to find the right one

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Such a knockoff of Razer's design. Corsair: the Apple of gaming, minus being perfect.

But who would want to knock off Razer?

And from my recollection, Apple has not knocked a lot of stuff off. They started most of the stuff.

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Logo is RGB

Why would anyone do that. They havent made anything new recently jsut adding LED to everything old

Check out my iCUE Guide Beta Tester for Corsair

Got a Corsair Product? Got a Question?

Feel Free to PM Me ?

Check out my iCUE Guide

But who would want to knock off Razer?

And from my recollection, Apple has not knocked a lot of stuff off. They started most of the stuff.

Razer has a huge following, and the Naga is the iconic multi-key mouse.

Apple copied a lot of designs from others and perfected them.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Where was this when I bought my g600?

Simple: Razer Naga.

Why would anyone do that. They havent made anything new recently jsut adding LED to everything old

Because the Razer Naga is one of the most preferred MMO G-Key mice in existence. If Corsair can claim they "perfected" an equivalent design, a lot of unwary mmo players will flock to it for a while.

The yellow plastic on the side isn't RGB tough, someone should make the new innovative "RGB Plastic".

Or just make it transparent so RGB led can shine through it.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list