Corsair Scimitar - First MMO Gaming Mouse with Optical Sensor?

Scionyde

In mice? No. Keyboards, yes. I've never had a Razer mouse die on me unless I dropped it on hard tile.

Mine has had issues just because the software is always trash. It's also a fairly uncomfortable design (Yes, i have the Naga Epic and have used the 2014). Waiting for the Nyth to come out so I can use a 3D printer to make the mouse fit me perfectly :3 This looks a little more comfortable but i still have issues with it.

Why would they choose yellow as their "gaming" brand color? That makes no sense.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Meh looks like childrens construction toy then a mouse. I'll just wait for ASUS version.

Don't forget about their claymore keyboard too, going to pick that and the spatha up when they drop!

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

I'm neutral on the yellow. As a kid, I've always had a thing for yellow Nintendo products like my old yellow GBC and my N64 controller. Though, from a marketing standpoint, it seems silly for any manufacturer to add splashes of color on a product with RGB lighting (or have static lights that can't be changed) - kinda defeats the purpose.

That said..I'd rather have this yellow accent over the generic red or blue if there were no solid black options available. 

Why would they choose yellow as their "gaming" brand color? That makes no sense.

Because yellow is faster than blue but not as tacky as red.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

So this is the product min was ranting on. LOL. Corsair copied  the design of Naga

I wonder would happen if Corsair tweeted something about Razer stealing their RGB keyboard idea.

Because all the other colors were taken, Green Razor, Blue Logitech, Red ASUS.

I'm neutral on the yellow. As a kid, I've always had a thing for yellow Nintendo products like my old yellow GBC and my N64 controller. Though, from a marketing standpoint, it seems silly for any manufacturer to add splashes of color on a product with RGB lighting (or have static lights that can't be changed) - kinda defeats the purpose.

That said..I'd rather have this yellow accent over the generic red or blue if there were no solid black options available. 

At this point if they do make another one its most likely going to be black. 

Check out my iCUE Guide Beta Tester for Corsair

Got a Corsair Product? Got a Question?

Feel Free to PM Me ?

Check out my iCUE Guide

Definitely looking into this to replace my old Naga.

If I cared about color, I wouldn't have built using a Corsair 400R case and an Asus Z87-A, so whatever about the yellow bits. Looks cool to me.

Git Gud.

I wonder would happen if Corsair tweeted something about Razer stealing their RGB keyboard idea.

Haha, that's a pretty good point. I just read Min-Liang Tan's full post on his Facebook page, and man, he seems legitimately upset by this mouse....

Meh looks like childrens construction toy then a mouse. I'll just wait for ASUS version.

ASUS-ROG-Spatha.jpg

I forgot about that one

Haha, that's a pretty good point. I just read Min-Liang Tan's full post on his Facebook page, and man, he seems legitimately upset by this mouse....

I think he is being kind of a baby about it. If Corsair really copied the Naga's design, just take them to court. Don't cry about it on Facebook like a 15 year old high school girl, which doesn't really accomplish anything.

Maybe because he knows his company hasnt come out with anything worth buying in the past few years. Like come on RGB mouse pad. Thats dumber then RGB headphones imo.

Check out my iCUE Guide Beta Tester for Corsair

Got a Corsair Product? Got a Question?

Feel Free to PM Me ?

Check out my iCUE Guide

Maybe because he knows his company hasnt come out with anything worth buying in the past few years. Like come on RGB mouse pad. Thats dumber then RGB headphones imo.

RGB cases, RGB memory, RGB motherboards, RGB monitors, RGB keyboards, RGB mice, RGB graphics cards... RGB all the things!!!

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

• 4 weeks later...

Finally I was waiting for a mouse like this! Good thing I didn't pull the trigger on the g602. Although I really wanted a wireless one, this would have to do as I really need as much dedicated keys as possible for Maya. I need keys for inserting edge loops, offset edge loops, multiple edge loop script, edge flow toggle, multi-cut, view selected toggle, duplicate/group/translate x/unparent script, merge vertex, bevel, face extrude (I rarely extrude edges) while still leaving me with two buttons left (maybe a freeze transformation/edit history script and the other one would be used to display an external outliner so I don't have to switch space bar uses between the outliner and the four views).

My k95 just wouldn't cut it as my 3 profiles have different uses for modeling, rigging and animation (not to mention dynamics and lighting) for the m1, m2, m3 respectively. By having these multiple buttons, I could free up as much keys as I can so I could effectively put other functions and scripts on my keyboard's dedicated keys.

I could care less about the color as it's not the reason on why I would buy a mouse like this. The main selling point of this for me would be the mechanical switches AND the fact that you could move them.

I just got back from PAX Prime in Seattle last weekend. Was touring the Corsair booth and saw this puppy. So far everyones either talking about the look, or the optical sensor. The BIGGEST difference I noticed was the side buttons build quality. Holy crap I felt like I was pressing itty bitty mechanical switches.

I used to use a Razer Naga when they were the first with that mmo style layout. Buttons were mushy, far apart and felt of plastic. The Scimitar was far far better. Each key felt solid, spaced correctly and most importantly dat click. much satisfaction very quality. wow.

I just got back from PAX Prime in Seattle last weekend. Was touring the Corsair booth and saw this puppy. So far everyones either talking about the look, or the optical sensor. The BIGGEST difference I noticed was the side buttons build quality. Holy crap I felt like I was pressing itty bitty mechanical switches.

I used to use a Razer Naga when they were the first with that mmo style layout. Buttons were mushy, far apart and felt of plastic. The Scimitar was far far better. Each key felt solid, spaced correctly and most importantly dat click. much satisfaction very quality. wow.

Thats good to hear, been looking for a replacement for this Razer Naga that I really hate but there is nothing better at the moment.  Corsair Scimitar Hype!

i7 5820k, Asus Deluxe x99 3.1 board, 2 Strix980tis Sli, Intel 480gb SSD, 4T WD Black, Asus PG278Q, Acer xb271hu, UpDesk! 

Which version Razer Naga were you using? I believe that in the 2014 edition onward, they started using mechanical switches in the side buttons.

Since somebody correctly pointed out in the first page that the Naga's sensor doesn't have acceleration, I'm almost inclined to get the Razer Naga Epic Chroma since it can switch between wired and wireless. Of course, that ~$100 price tag is kinda ridiculous...

Did it felt the same as the 2014 Naga?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I like the slider on it i pore-ordered it yesterday thats the thing i dont care for on the naga how i hold my mouse i gotta stretch to reach the 1,2,3 least on this i can move the keys for comfort 

Which version Razer Naga were you using? I believe that in the 2014 edition onward, they started using mechanical switches in the side buttons.

Since somebody correctly pointed out in the first page that the Naga's sensor doesn't have acceleration, I'm almost inclined to get the Razer Naga Epic Chroma since it can switch between wired and wireless. Of course, that ~$100 price tag is kinda ridiculous...

Did it felt the same as the 2014 Naga?

I've had two Razer naga's (don't judge me). I don't believe either were 2014 editions, so I can't give a comparison. But I will say they are the most satisfying "side buttons" on a mouse i've ever used. Gonna look up and report back to see what switches both the newer naga's and this mouse use for their side buttons.

Alright did some snooping and it looks like the razer naga has little blue mechanical switches.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1414182/naga-2014/40#post_20589849

All of the articles I read about the Scimitar indicated it had some sort of mechanical switch but not what kind they were until I watched Slick's video on Corsair's Pax booth. He said they were a Panasonic mechanical switch.

Oh and i'm just refering to the side buttons...

Edited by ClakeyD

• 1 month later...

Finally I was waiting for a mouse like this! Good thing I didn't pull the trigger on the g602. Although I really wanted a wireless one, this would have to do as I really need as much dedicated keys as possible for Maya. I need keys for inserting edge loops, offset edge loops, multiple edge loop script, edge flow toggle, multi-cut, view selected toggle, duplicate/group/translate x/unparent script, merge vertex, bevel, face extrude (I rarely extrude edges) while still leaving me with two buttons left (maybe a freeze transformation/edit history script and the other one would be used to display an external outliner so I don't have to switch space bar uses between the outliner and the four views).

That is a brilliant idea; never thought of binding the buttons for Photoshop and Premiere. Genius! Would defienetly speed up the process in such programs. Thanks!

Spoiler

Mobo: Asus Z370-A Prime

CPU: Intel i7 8700K

RAM: Kingston Fury 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Beast

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme Edition 11GB

Case: Fractal Define R6 Tempered Glass, Black

SSD 1: Crucial P3 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen 3 NVMe SSD

SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB

SSD 3: Crucial MX500 500 GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST4000DM005 64MB 4TB 7200 rpm

PSU: Corsair RM750X v2

Display 1: AOC Agon AG271QG