Right to destroy drones coming..

jos

Wildfire roared over a Los Angeles area freeway. What they didn't see: helicopters dumping water buckets from above. That's because five drones flying close to the fire kept California firefighters from dispatching the helicopters for up to 20 minutes, as CNN reports. This is the third time in recent weeks that drought-stricken California has been frustrated in fighting wildfire because of hobby drones flying in, presumably by people seeking video footage of dramatic scenes.

Planes or helicopters being flown by pilots focusing on the fire and flying in smoky, low-visibility fire zones just can't risk the danger of a mid-air collision with a drone, so firefighting aircraft get grounded when unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) get in the way.

Disabling or damaging UAS in emergency situations would be A-OK.
California legislators have introduced legislation that would exonerate emergency workers who take out drones.
Senate Bill 168, introduced by Assemblyman Mike Gatto and Senator Ted Gaines, would would grant “immunity to any emergency responder who damages an unmanned aircraft in the course of firefighting, air ambulance, or search-and-rescue operations.”

It took 20 minutes for helicopters to deploy due to drones 
No use of educating.. people just need video for uploading..
collision between the two types of aircraft is nearly certain to damage the bigger one. The extent of that damage depends on the size of the drone and where it strikes the airplane. In addition, the speed of the airplane and what the airplane is doing at the time contribute to the potential damage.

In that situation, I'd say it's 100% appropriate. 

Horrdily irresponsible people are abusing a privilege and flying their toy in a way which prevents firefighters from fighting fires and risking taking down the damn helicopters. Shoot em down, law or not.

Don't want your drone shot down? Don't do this.

It's the same thing as when firefighters knock out car windows to run the fire hose when you part in front of a hydrant.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

u just know that there will be that one guy that gonna armor plate his drone just to see what happens

wouldnt a better idea be a directional jammer (2.4ghz) which is a wifi signal

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I can't agree more. This must be legal. If you buy a drone you have the responsiblity to not fuck with those people's work. If you do, then I say take down the drone. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I am miles ahead of you.

drone_loads_product_image_2.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I watched this fire on TV, it was pretty epic, in a bad way obviously... But yea there is no reason an emergency vehicle especially a water dropping helicopter should be locked out of its job because some idiots are blocking it. Literally could lead to people dieing. If your drone is found to have stopped an emergency vehicle from doing its job and people die as a result, I vote man slaughter... Bet people will stop flying them around fires real quick.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

I'm perfectly fine with this. If a drone is inhibiting air-craft or officials from being able to save lives or property they should absolutely shoot them down. It should be no different than a full-sized helicopter hovering over a police station. In that case though, the pilot can be arrested and the vehicle impounded.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I am miles ahead of you.

I can't tell if this is real, or if its a Photoshop. because it's amazing but very concerning at the same time.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

I'm surprised they didn't just destroy them: I'd like to see the owner try to report the firefighters for damaging his drone: I'd be like me blocking a street and then suing an ambulance driver for hitting my car.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I watched this fire on TV, it was pretty epic, in a bad way obviously... But yea there is no reason an emergency vehicle especially a water dropping helicopter should be locked out of its job because some idiots are blocking it. Literally could lead to people dieing. If your drone is found to have stopped an emergency vehicle from doing its job and people die as a result, I vote man slaughter... Bet people will stop flying them around fires real quick.

The problem with bringing up manslaughter charges is that you kinda need to prove it was your interference that caused someone to die. In a medical emergency, like say a stroke victim, can you say beyond a reasonable doubt that if said victim died enroute to the hospital, would have lived if it he had gotten there sooner. Even with a fire victim, whats to say couple minutes of firefighting would have stopped a massive wildfire from burning down a house, with someone inside. The major gaping problem there, is that some idiot was still in his/her house even with a massive wildfire coming his/her way.

u just know that there will be that one guy that gonna armor plate his drone just to see what happens

I can tell you what happens, it will not take off. Most consumer drones can carry a gopro at best and to armor plate you need a little more weight than a gopro. And if they use buckshot the rotor blades will get damaged.

I can't tell if this is real, or if its a Photoshop. because it's amazing but very concerning at the same time.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

The problem with bringing up manslaughter charges is that you kinda need to prove it was your interference that caused someone to die. In a medical emergency, like say a stroke victim, can you say beyond a reasonable doubt that if said victim died enroute to the hospital, would have lived if it he had gotten there sooner. Even with a fire victim, whats to say couple minutes of firefighting would have stopped a massive wildfire from burning down a house, with someone inside. The major gaping problem there, is that some idiot was still in his/her house even with a massive wildfire coming his/her way.

I agree, its impossible to actually accuse someone of it. But. I was being facetious. I hate people who don't' get out of the way of an ambulance or fire truck. Like, FFS, they are not allowed to drive on the other side of the road, and are only allowed to pass on the left. Why the hell people don't pull over is beyond me and frustrates me to no end. I actually know a fire chief and when he rides in the trucks and people do that shit, he actually says "I hope we are going to your house..." quietly under his breath. Same thing goes to this drone issue. I hope their house gets burned down. Its just stupid and idiotic to block an emergency worker...

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

I am miles ahead of you.

Uh oh.

Yes I know depleted uranium has little I no radioactivity.

As long as they don't ever extend it to civilians. So we don't get those people taking pictures of th ocean getting attacked by crazy fat women assaulting them for "spying" or w/e.

That video was hilarious

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Ugh this again. I second this right. Come on people, common sense please? Why would you fly drones and prevent firefighters from doing their job?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Uh oh.

Yes I know depleted uranium has little I no radioactivity.

As long as they don't ever extend it to civilians. So we don't get those people taking pictures of th ocean getting attacked by crazy fat women assaulting them for "spying" or w/e.

That video was hilarious

I have TIG tungsten electrodes more radioactive than these shells. It is more of a novelty than something you are actually ever going to use. 

A lot like the Hornady Zombie Max ammunition:

zombie223.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Ugh this again. I second this right. Come on people, common sense please? Why would you fly drones and prevent firefighters from doing their job?

The answer is pretty obvious....

I have TIG tungsten electrodes more radioactive than these shells. It is more of a novelty than something you are actually ever going to use. 

A lot like the Hornady Zombie Max ammunition:

zombie223.jpg

Yes, I am aware.

Buy it for the lulz. It's basically just regular buckshot :P

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Yes, I am aware.

Buy it for the lulz. It's basically just regular buckshot :P

Ok cool. I just thought it was pretty applicable to the thread :P

I may or may not already have a box...

Ok cool. I just thought it was pretty applicable to the thread :P

I may or may not already have a box...

Hoard it and attempt to extract/re-inrich the uranium.

LOL

Hoard it and attempt to extract/re-inrich the uranium.

LOL

I hear Iran is buying  :ph34r:

I am miles ahead of you.

You know it's truly American when the mass is in ounces and the length is in inches.

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.