Right to destroy drones coming..

jos

That will work for an off the shelf drone with no modifications, but many drone enthusiasts spend quite a bit of money on custom Flight Controllers, and many other things.

Jamming the signal might work, forcing a "Return to Home". Or it might just go into Hover mode. Or it might just lose control and smash into the ground (which gets it out of the way, but in a totally uncontrolled manner).

Not to mention that this would mean outfitting every Police/Fire/Ambulance service in the country out with Wireless Signal Jammers. Who the hell's gonna pay for that? These people can already get easy and quick access to a gun.

Does shooting it not get it out of the way in a totally uncontrolled manner? I don't think it shouldn't be legal, but it should be a last resort.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

In that situation, I'd say it's 100% appropriate. 

This. Fuck your youtube channel, lives are at stake here. Cops should have a shotgun in the trunk with those bean bag rounds. One hit from a beanbag and that fucker is crashing to earth. 

Does shooting it not get it out of the way in a totally uncontrolled manner? I don't think it shouldn't be legal, but it should be a last resort.

That depends entirely on the conditions. It's a controlled manner because they can control where they take the shot, when, at what angle, using what ammunition, etc.

Most drones will be slightly off to the side anyway - for example, in the picture in the OP, those drones would be hovering off the side of the highway (likely plains or forest) - easily shot down with no harm to civilians.

Last resort? Sure. But when there's a raging fire on a highway and people are trapped in a burning car, they literally have 30 seconds to decide what to try before they must shoot it down, else someone is probably dead.

These kinds of situations leave very little room for error. If they have to spend 20 minutes trying to shut down a drone remotely or finding the pilot and asking him to land the drone, people will die.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

That depends entirely on the conditions. It's a controlled manner because they can control where they take the shot, when, at what angle, using what ammunition, etc.

Most drones will be slightly off to the side anyway - for example, in the picture in the OP, those drones would be hovering off the side of the highway (likely plains or forest) - easily shot down with no harm to civilians.

Last resort? Sure. But when there's a raging fire on a highway and people are trapped in a burning car, they literally have 30 seconds to decide what to try before they must shoot it down, else someone is probably dead.

These kinds of situations leave very little room for error. If they have to spend 20 minutes trying to shut down a drone remotely or finding the pilot and asking him to land the drone, people will die.

Well, yeah, obviously. But I meant something like a beacon that tells drones to go away with no effort from the emergency worker. If the drone doesn't comply, sure, shoot it down, there's no time to argue. But surely a system like that would be safer.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

anyone ready for some amazon drone hunting? I could always use some new tech, guess shotgun shells are a easy way compared to hacking/catching the drones mid air

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Well, yeah, obviously. But I meant something like a beacon that tells drones to go away with no effort from the emergency worker. If the drone doesn't comply, sure, shoot it down, there's no time to argue. But surely a system like that would be safer.

That could work, certainly, if they could get it to work with basically all drone models. However, again, who's going to pay for it? Pay for the R&D to develop it? Pay for the actual purchasing of them Country-wide? That will cost Millions of Dollars.

Either that will come from a tax-hike, which Americans overwhelmingly hate (despite taxes being a good thing), or it will mean that budget comes out of some other crucial service.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

That could work, certainly, if they could get it to work with basically all drone models. However, again, who's going to pay for it? Pay for the R&D to develop it? Pay for the actual purchasing of them Country-wide? That will cost Millions of Dollars.

Either that will come from a tax-hike, which Americans overwhelmingly hate (despite taxes being a good thing), or it will mean that budget comes out of some other crucial service.

Simply transmit an encrypted message over 433 MHz for long range and give manufacturers the public key. maybe even unencrypted because if someone really wanted a drone gone they'd shoot it anyway. Then just make the feature mandatory and leave it up to the manufacturer how to implement it. Ban all models that don't have it from the stores. Doesn't have to cost millions, methinks. Hundreds of thousands, yes, which in the grand scheme of things is not that much for a system that's much more efficient in keeping consumer drones away from forbidden areas. It'll become necessary in the long run anyway.

I though french people already took care of this like ages ago...

also I remember kamikaze anti-drones were a thing it consisted of fully autonome 2~3$ mini drone that goes full kamikaze and takes out the enemy drone,

can't find a link atm...

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

how a about an excise duty for drone purchases?

plus make the UAS pilotes get a license before they can fly/purchase UAS and put a huge fine in these cases that would cover the costs of removing the UAS

maybe make a deathsentence for these irresponsible pilots?

and while we're doing deathsentences, we should do the same for sealfie-stick users, like literally I witnessed a near death situation caused by a 10 year old girl and her friend using selfie-sticks on rollerblades...

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

This. Fuck your youtube channel, lives are at stake here. Cops should have a shotgun in the trunk with those bean bag rounds. One hit from a beanbag and that fucker is crashing to earth. 

Or just hose it lolol

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

Or just hose it lolol

If a Firetruck is on-site, and the drone is flying low enough to be hit, then definitely, that's an easy and quick method to shoot it down. But that's a lot of variables.

If a Firetruck is on-site, and the drone is flying low enough to be hit, then definitely, that's an easy and quick method to shoot it down. But that's a lot of variables.

Well given that the main source of the problem is drones getting in the way of water-shooting helicopters, I was assuming they could shoot it down.

(Though it was still a joke overall)

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

I really don't see the problem with a signal jammer. So you equip emergency personal with one that they can use in a one minute burst give good no communication for that minute. How long do you think a drone can fly without a signal. One minute ought to end the shenanigans.

I really don't see the problem with a signal jammer. So you equip emergency personal with one that they can use in a one minute burst give good no communication for that minute. How long do you think a drone can fly without a signal. One minute ought to end the shenanigans.

That will be a long term solution, but signal jammers are VERY expensive. Emergency personnel already have access to shotguns.

In the meantime, while the politicians figure out how to fund buying Signal Jammers for every emergency service in the country, this law allows emergency services to shoot down, disable, or destroy drones RIGHT NOW.

downside of that would be they aren't able to communicate themselves or the base when this is active or when in a wave type solution, the wave is still strong enough to cause jamming.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

So what is the problem. Emergency personal have communication, and only have to acknowledge that there will be a loss of communication for a minute, then to resume, is better than having good to wait 20 minutes for the drones batteries to be used up, preventing the the emergency personal from being effective and hampering their efforts.