Apple Watch Demand Has Fallen A Lot

qwertywarrior

http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/22333/apple-watch-demand-has-fallen-a-lot/

very interesting i wonder if this would impact Apple's future plans with the iwatch

what do you guys think

22333-1789df23.jpg

Since it was released, the Apple Watch's demand has decreased significantly. A new report from Slice Intelligence shows the Apple Watch's sales in the US dropped a lot in June 2015. Sales had been stable from shortly after the device's release until May but they've since decreased.

This report says sales are generally around 20,000 units per day in the United States and just 10,000 on some days. If the trend continues, sales will be sitting around 5,000 units per day.

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

i got one last week!

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

That is a very flawed sample size, based off people who only consented to email tracking. 

Of course overall demand has dropped. It happens for any product. You get 2-3 months of solid sales, then once everyone who really wanted one has one, you get normalized demand. The Apple Watch is reliant on newer iPhones, and it isn't cheap. You have a far narrower market appeal than with most Apple products, so less continuous sales. 

But the numbers they give are flawed. 

Apple was selling millions of phones per week at launch. Now they're probably at millions per month, demand levels out. But you could also say "Apple iPhone 6 demand has dropped by 80%" since launch. 

Hardly anyone wears watches. Not a big surprise.

I think that is more subjective than anything. Sure you can use your phone, but I love having a watch rather than to take your phone out of your pocket. Especially when it is a smartwatch. 

I see many people wearing watches in public daily.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I think it had no reason to sell even a single unit... I guess word got out. Or, more realistically, those who wanted one bought it already. Apple made billions and they're going to repeat next year.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

This happens with all Apple products.  You have the fan boys and hipsters that keep it alive for about 4 months.  After that, they start to level off.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

I'm not surprised. They sold out on preorders and once it came out it was huge blah blah blah...

The Apple fans who wanted one already had theirs.

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

This happens with all Apple products.  You have the fan boys and hipsters that keep it alive for about 4 months.  After that, they start to level off.

Yes, normal consumers who buy their products are fanboys and hipsters. The average joes that are ranging in age from teenagers all the way to senior citizens are fanboys and hipsters. 

IS that this sites default response to good products having good sales? Because fanboys and hipsters were responsible? Is it too hard to grasp that normal people walking into a mall and seeing the store just happened to want it because, and I know this is a shocker, it is simply a good product? 

FFS. 

Yes, normal consumers who buy their products are fanboys and hipsters. The average joes that are ranging in age from teenagers all the way to senior citizens are fanboys and hipsters. 

IS that this sites default response to good products having good sales? Because fanboys and hipsters were responsible? Is it too hard to grasp that normal people walking into a mall and seeing the store just happened to want it because, and I know this is a shocker, it is simply a good product? 

FFS. 

Lets get real, the first 3-4 months of ANY PRODUCT RELEASE is fanboys and hipsters of the products.  Your "teenagers" will buy the products when they get enough money from their McDonalds PT job and buy it, not when Apple launches the product, and your "senior" citizens will buy the products when they NEED to get a new machine, not on Apples release cycle.  The ONLY reason demand is high for initial product launches is because people that follow the company and products (otherwise known as fans, who could be called fanboys) are WATCHING for that product.  Then Hipsters, otherwise known as sheepel or followers of the crowd, will see the new "Apple Fans" with the product and want to buy one because they have a insecurity and need to feel a part of a group.  Normal demand for a product is the BASELINE of which will never change.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Lets get real, the first 3-4 months of ANY PRODUCT RELEASE is fanboys and hipsters of the products.  Your "teenagers" will buy the products when they get enough money from their McDonalds PT job and buy it, not when Apple launches the product, and your "senior" citizens will buy the products when they NEED to get a new machine, not on Apples release cycle.  The ONLY reason demand is high for initial product launches is because people that follow the company and products (otherwise known as fans, who could be called fanboys) are WATCHING for that product.  Then Hipsters, otherwise known as sheepel or followers of the crowd, will see the new "Apple Fans" with the product and want to buy one because they have a insecurity and need to feel a part of a group.  Normal demand for a product is the BASELINE of which will never change.

That is such flawed logic and based in zero fact, amazing. 

By your logic, its only fanboys and hipsters who ever buy new things then? For any brand? Or does this crackpot theory specifically apply to Apple since they have more "fanboys and hipsters"? 

Yea, lets get real. Apple has the capacity to market their products and normal people notice. How many Moto 360 or G Watch R commercials have you seen? Zilch. Apple? They market. So people like my dad who don't have a finger on the pulse of tech will know they exist. Apple didn't outdo Android Wears total sales in a week because of fanboys and hipsters...

What madness kind of logic is that? 

-snip-

Hello VS. Good to see that you're back. =)

But yeah, I think the same could be said for most devices. You get a rush in the beginning and then it evens out. It seemed like the Apple Watch had planned out at around 20,000 units at first though, and then it dropped again. It seemed to be out of stock for a long time so maybe they only managed to produce 20,000 a day until finally everyone who wanted one had brought it.

Kind of off-topic but yeah, I do think that maybe ~80% of the sales are for the sole reason that they have an Apple logo on it, not because it's a good product.

I do think that maybe ~80% of the sales are for the sole reason that they have an Apple logo on it, not because it's a good product.

As much as I dislike Apple as a company, that logo does actually mean something besides higher price.  It means that your device with an Apple logo will work with your other devices that have Apple logos (assuming they are new enough).  Very few brands have the interoperability that Apple devices do, or the app/dev support that iOS does.  Microsoft for one is notorious for having their software products not play nice with each other, and that's just software.

I hate Apple as much as the next guy, but they know how to do business.

i wear these

its the shiznet

umm might i ask why, i honestly cant think of a reason as to why i would want to use one of those.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

You could say this for just about anything...

Does GTA V continue to have a billion dollars in sales every week? Probably not. Actually, no it doesn't.

i wear these

its the shiznet

fashion1.jpg

and even more useful than the apple watch!

(not hate on Apple, just general hate of "smart" watches"

- snip-

That is such flawed logic and based in zero fact, amazing. 

By your logic, its only fanboys and hipsters who ever buy new things then? For any brand? Or does this crackpot theory specifically apply to Apple since they have more "fanboys and hipsters"? 

Yea, lets get real. Apple has the capacity to market their products and normal people notice. How many Moto 360 or G Watch R commercials have you seen? Zilch. Apple? They market. So people like my dad who don't have a finger on the pulse of tech will know they exist. Apple didn't outdo Android Wears total sales in a week because of fanboys and hipsters...

What madness kind of logic is that?

by his logic, admittedly somewhat flawed, logic, that the fans will want to get the new product as quickly as they can. That's normal, right? Here, look at it this way; 980ti launch. All the die-hard enthusiasts ("fans" in the watch situation) got it day one. Sales were massive. After they got it the sales fell onto the "normal" people, the guys who needed to save up or didn't need it yet. Because of this naturally sale/day rate went down. Some fucking "crackpot logic" eh?

- snip-

The chart only shows sale number of the US. I want to see the numbers of other markets as well, especially China. 

Doesn't matter, they still outsold ALL Android wear devices combined, and this belongs in the off topic section.

Anyone else annoyed by how misleading that graph is? The scale is all jacked. 200,000 to 20,000, to 2,000. So really what it shows is that after the first month, sales crashed and leveled out with a slight decline. The same as every electronic item EVER.

PC: CPU - FX 8350 @4.5 Ghz | GPU - 3x R9 290 @1100 core/1300 memory | Motherboard - Asus Crosshair V Formula Z | RAM - 16 GB Mushkin Redline 1866 Mhz | PSU - Corsair AX 860w | SSD - ADATA SX900 256 GB | HDD - Seagate 3TB 7200RPM | CPU Cooler - Noctua NH D-14 | Case - Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935

Peripherals: Monitor - ASUS VN248H-P IPS | Keyboard - Corsair K70 | Mouse - Corsair M65 | Headphones - ASUS ROG Orion Pro

I think people are realizing how shit it is compared to the other options out there xD

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Ummm.....

I collect watches....

I think that is more subjective than anything. Sure you can use your phone, but I love having a watch rather than to take your phone out of your pocket. Especially when it is a smartwatch. 

I see many people wearing watches in public daily.

Come on guys... there is no reason to pretend that watches are the "in thing." Smart phones have been killing off watches for over a decade now. Can watches make a come back? Absolutely. But not a watch that costs a significant premium over your phone and monthly bill.

Especially since it's not the first of its kind, and from reviews, it doesn't sound like it does anything better over existing products. Athlete? Get a Garmin. Watch enthusiast? Not really for you. Like to check your messages? Use your phone. The first iteration Apple watch is a flop at best.

Apple is trying to make a product cool again that it destroyed.

I think people are realizing how shit it is compared to the other options out there xD

This reply is like a shining light from heaven. I hope everyone sees it.