Apple Watch Demand Has Fallen A Lot

qwertywarrior

i saw the first apple watch that I have ever seen before in public, yesterday.

Think that should do some explaining...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I've said it before but by god months later it's still fucking true! Apple remains the only company who bothered to justify what their product was, why people should want one and its features! Jesus fucking Christ on a unicycle plummeting off of Blackpool North Pier how on Earth do any of these companies expect to shift numbers among the general populous when only a relative few people on this forum give a damn about ANY kind of wearable!?

The fact that a watch is automatically a fashion accessory as a piece of jewellery and clothing gives Apple an advantage, sure, but they are STILL the only smartwatch I have seen advertised on TV or any kind of medium that is targeting people who aren't already interested in buying one through enthusiasm alone, and that is pathetic.

Ummm.....

I collect watches....

But do you wear them? :P

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Bye hype, you won't be missed! :3

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I think the price is affecting larger adoption.

I know it would hold me back. It's so expensive for an iPhone and an Apple watch, I am not debating whether the price is waranted or not, it's just too much for a 2-3 year upgrade cycle. And this doesn't take into account whether I think a smart watch would be all that useful to me.

I would probably wait for the second gen watch anyways.

I spend a stupid amount on watches. I wear one every day and I match my watch to my outfit. I'm also a CS major, work in a tech job, and spend my free time on tech forums. And I vastly prefer using an iPhone. I should be everything that Apple is targeting with something like this. Not for wearing every day, but surely I could find times to wear it. Nope.

They made something I can't find a use for, looks awful, and doesn't fit in in a professional environment. At least some of the Android watches and the Pebble can pass for a regular watch. The Apple Watch just looks out of place practically everywhere. You also look pretty goofy using it.

I considered buying one for the gym to track my workouts (look! an actual use case for the bloody thing!). But it's too expensive for one use case. And I found using apps on it to be kind of garbage. Didn't even get to try a workout app before I decided to move on with my life.

If someone can explain it to me, please do. But right now I see smart watches as a product geared towards people who can't be bothered to take their phone out of their pockets and are willing to spend hundreds on the honor of taking their calls on their wrist after spending hundreds on a perfectly capable cellular telephone that they also have to keep on their person.

Turnip OC'd to 3Hz on air

i wear these

its the shiznet

fashion1.jpg

Me and my m8s at summer camp a few years ago tortured one another with these fuckin bracelets straight from Satan...

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

And I'm just sitting here waiting for Huawei's watch. Wonder if I'll see it before my hair turns white.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

what they need to do is that the price at $269, and $299. The things are way to damn expensive for what you get.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

by his logic, admittedly somewhat flawed, logic, that the fans will want to get the new product as quickly as they can. That's normal, right? Here, look at it this way; 980ti launch. All the die-hard enthusiasts ("fans" in the watch situation) got it day one. Sales were massive. After they got it the sales fell onto the "normal" people, the guys who needed to save up or didn't need it yet. Because of this naturally sale/day rate went down. Some fucking "crackpot logic" eh?

Notice how much your tone changed when not talking about Apple fans?

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

what they need to do is that the price at $269, and $299. The things are way to damn expensive for what you get.

more like $99

Smart watches are still relatively new in general, so the enthusiast crowd that wanted an Apple watch already bought theirs. I'm literally the only person I know irl that wears a smart watch, yet everyone that sees my Gwatch can't stop looking at it and asking a million questions. The typical comment i hear is "I wish I could have a smart watch, but they are too expensive." When I tell them I paid $160 CND on Amazon and say its Google android wear so its a lot cheaper, I then get the "oh.. oh ok" response where they have no clue what I'm talking about.

I don't think a lot of consumers understand that the Apple watch (or any smart watch) is a part of an ecosystem, like a bluetooth earpiece, and not just some standalone product like an ipod. Until cellphone carriers start bundling smart watches with smart phones, most consumers probably won't know just how useful a smart watch actually is.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Almost like wereables are nothing but a fucking gimmick. Next stop: VR falls flat on it's face and gains little traction outside of Star Citizen fanboys. Mark my words.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Almost like wereables are nothing but a fucking gimmick. Next stop: VR falls flat on it's face and gains little traction outside of Star Citizen fanboys. Mark my words.

Consider them marked.

This isn't the first time the market sees a fancy watch.

This isn't the first time the market sees VR.