Arkham Knight 30FPS Lock and multiple GPU issues

ApolloEleven

Luckily I didn't preorder this game (got it free with a graphics card) but was looking forward to it anyway. Booted it up and spent a good 10 minutes (with mounting frustration) messing with settings and couldn't crack 30fps. Then I figure, "Oh, I probably haven't installed the drivers yet, that will be the problem". But this made no difference either. So there I was, sitting at my desk, wondering if my 780 was completely redundant now when it dawned on me that they had capped the fps. Maybe I should have thought about it sooner, but I simply can't believe in this day and age that a company can get away with that. We pay $100s on graphics cards to play these games at 60fps...and its pretty much money down the drain in situations like these. It's the same as buying a brand new sports car, that comes with a 30mph limiter from the garage. It's not even a reasonable limit! Might as well pick up a 960 and be done with it! Disgraceful business practise. And I had such high hopes for this game. I just hope TB takes them to the cleaners over this. 

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

No matter what this is all I get when trying to launch the game. Turns out the game also uses Denuvo DRM as well.

Lovely.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/3asi6f/batman_arkham_knight_contains_denuvo_drm_this_not/

Glad I didn't buy this, and only got it with my graphics card.

sQALXfv.png

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Your not lucky, you bought something before it was even released. The publisher could have folded and then you'd be out of pocket for the money you spent.

im australian, consumer law would mean the store would have to refund me.

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Are people SURE it's 30 FPS locked? , someone who is actually PLAYING THE GAME reply. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Are people SURE it's 30 FPS locked? , someone who is actually PLAYING THE GAME reply. 

pU8caWS.jpg

It's capped in the settings file, you'll have to manually deactivate the fps cap. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Yes, I had to modify the ini files to get the occasional 60FPS. Most of the time it doesn't seem to matter if you unlock FPS or not, as I am rarely going above 30.

NOTE: I am currently using 353.06 drivers for my GTX 970, I will see if drivers help later on. Driving is a nightmare, as the FPS drops the most when I move from place to place in the environment.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

It's capped in the settings file, you'll have to manually deactivate the fps cap. 

Yes, I had to modify the ini files to get the occasional 60FPS. Most of the time it doesn't seem to matter if you unlock FPS or not, as I am rarely going above 30.

yeah, this game can be a Game of the century, i am not buying it if tis 30 FPS capped, i learned that lesson when i played LA Noire, atleast there was a justification for that game, But this ? fuck it. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

This really sucks... Proves to show that the gaming industry is really in shambles right now. Every game is being released in a broken or unpleasant state. Even some games on the consoles are also experiencing problem upon release. I think people should start talking with their money and just stop buying these kind of games regardless of whether it gets fixed. In any other software company, clients will be lost and the company would lose reputation if they were to experience scenarios like these. Think we should simply treat the games industry the same way, so they can get their act together. It seems like every game has their own little early access experience when releasing where a lot of things are broken (not just the small bugs that you were experience randomly when playing). It does not make sense for these kinds of releases to be acceptable as the norm, especially when they are not indie developers. Every game before and a time after release should be labelled early access.

This really sucks... Proves to show that the gaming industry is really in shambles right now. Every game is being released in a broken or unpleasant state. Even some games on the consoles are also experiencing problem upon release. I think people should start talking with their money and just stop buying these kind of games regardless of whether it gets fixed. In any other software company, clients will be lost and the company would lose reputation if they were to experience scenarios like these. Think we should simply treat the games industry the same way, so they can get their act together. It seems like every game has their own little early access experience when releasing where a lot of things are broken (not just the small bugs that you were experience randomly when playing). It does not make sense for these kinds of releases to be acceptable as the norm, especially when they are not indie developers. Every game before and a time after release should be labelled early access.

Not going to happen. It takes backbone to take a stand, not many can do that. The game industry caters to the most gullible in the mass consumer market anyway.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Well for all the people that pre-ordered. Maybe they will learn from their mistakes.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Pre-order games is a joke and need to be stopped

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

never played a batman game and never will. boring game anyway . so i dont give a *****

AMD Rig - (Upgraded): FX 8320 @ 4.8 Ghz, Corsair H100i GTX, ROG Crosshair V Formula, Ghz, 16 GB 1866 Mhz Ram, Msi R9 280x Gaming 3G @ 1150 Mhz, Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB, Win 10 Home

(My first Intel + Nvidia experience  - recently bought ) : MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G ( i7 6820HK, 16 GB RAM, 980M SLI, GSync, 1080p , 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD... FeelsGoodMan

What baffles me , is this game runs on the Unreal 3 engine . The real question here is not why didn't they optimise , but HOW did they manage to make that engine run badly on even mid range hardware . I'm sorry unless they somehow mistakenly released the Xbox One/PS4 build for PC , I cannot fathom how is the game not running well . 

Remember , the old batmans ran the same engine , with physX and every other bell and whistle of nvidia , and still getting 100+ frames with beefy then , mid range now hardware . 

Game only runs good at 1080p with everything max out on my 980. I get fps dips but never below 40fps, the problem is if you try to do anything the consoles can't do (play at 1440p) the game bugs out/ get fps below 30fps. This is so sad, the game is completely held back by consoles making this port to pc just terrible. I love Batman and I want to love this game and play it some more (5hrs already) but I going to have to wait for better drivers or a game patch. I'm not even mad, more disappointing than anything else since this was the game I was looking forward to the most. 

What baffles me , is this game runs on the Unreal 3 engine . The real question here is not why didn't they optimise , but HOW did they manage to make that engine run badly on even mid range hardware .

Unreal Engine 3 was never made to run on XB1 or PS4. Rocksteady probably had to port the engine themselves which probably means they butchered the work Epic did to get it to work. If they then had to port it back to PC maybe because of technical reasons then I can understand why this happened. 

@Pohernori @UnknownEngineer @OP, a lot of reports are saying when you benchmark it , it's 60 FPS?

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

@Pohernori @UnknownEngineer @OP, a lot of reports are saying when you benchmark it , it's 60 FPS?

Whelp, I can't do that now, the fuking thing crashes before I can get past the logo.

This game has such a good combat system that I need to use a special ALT + F4 and CTRL + ALT + Delete combo to even get out of the game when it crashes.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Whelp, I can't do that now, the fuking thing crashes before I can get past the logo.

This game has such a good combat system that I need to use a special ALT + F4 and CTRL + ALT + Delete combo to even get out of the game when it crashes.

i mean when you run the ingame benchmarks, it goes upto 60 fps, lot of reports, but when playing normal its back to 30 ? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

i mean when you run the ingame benchmarks, it goes upto 60 fps, lot of reports, but when playing normal its back to 30 ? 

I just got the game to run again somehow, I am rather sure the benchmarks go to 60. I'll edit in a screenshot or 2 in a minute.

EDIT1:

Going to tweak ini file back to default, I had changed the FPS limit to 60 before this test. Rig is in sig, all settings maxed except for texture resolution, that is set to normal, I can't make it go higher because the game is stopping me. FPS reaches ~42 at it's highest in this test.

SCCwIKs.jpg

EDIT2: Same results as before, even without the ini tweak FPS isn't capped in the test, which begs the question. Why is the a cap in place?

liBATSs.jpg

@Rohith_Kumar_Sp Test has been conducted as requested, I hope.

Spoiler

What baffles me , is this game runs on the Unreal 3 engine . The real question here is not why didn't they optimise , but HOW did they manage to make that engine run badly on even mid range hardware . I'm sorry unless they somehow mistakenly released the Xbox One/PS4 build for PC , I cannot fathom how is the game not running well . 

Remember , the old batmans ran the same engine , with physX and every other bell and whistle of nvidia , and still getting 100+ frames with beefy then , mid range now hardware . 

Becausew UE3 just sucks. Only fan boys hype it up lol The engine still has to bake lights lol

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

never played a batman game and never will. boring game anyway . so i dont give a *****

never played a Batman game yet you claim they are boring, how would you know?

Unreal Engine 3 was never made to run on XB1 or PS4. Rocksteady probably had to port the engine themselves which probably means they butchered the work Epic did to get it to work. If they then had to port it back to PC maybe because of technical reasons then I can understand why this happened. 

it is absolutely what happened , most big developers that get thouse engines re-write or add their own stuff . And even then , it is a feat worth mentioning .

Ok now , that is very very disputable and your opinion . Fact is the thing is very old , and usually runs on a large variety of machines very well , it is very scaleable . For it to run so bad , the devs messed up really bad somewhere . 

Becausew UE3 just sucks. Only fan boys hype it up lol The engine still has to bake lights lol

And here I am playing UT3 which still looks better than many games today and ran great on launch, so please do explain. The first 2 games, Bioshock Infinite, DmC nor any Mass Effect had this problem and they all look and run great. This is obviously the devs fault.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

oh Batman games the pinnacle of gaming.... actually a dead horse dragged by his name...

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

I did not expect this from rocksteady.

to all those who still don't understand why you don't preorder: you asked for it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*