Arkham Knight 30FPS Lock and multiple GPU issues

ApolloEleven

30fps is easily unlockable via ini file located in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Batman Arkham Knight\BMGame\Config

BmSystemSettings.ini is the file. Look for "Maxfps" it'll say "30" .. switch it to 60 or 120 or 144 or 200.. or 300.. whatever you want.

On my system? nope... it doesn't work flawlessly, no graphics options properly like motion blur, tesselation, AA right nothing special but I believe in Rocksteady, they're not lazy bums and they'll fix it. hopefully I am right.

Motion blur can be turned off in the same file or a similar file, could be the game engine parameters, but you shouldn't have to do this, the devs should have the options, all the options are there in the ini just not coded for.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Quote from Rocksteady on the steam page. 

The minimum specs for Batman: Arkham Knight for PC have been adjusted and are listed below.

We also want to note that there are some known issues with the performance of Batman: Arkham Knight for PC owners using AMD graphics cards. We are working closely with AMD to rectify these issues as quickly as possible and will provide updates here as they become available. We thank you for your patience in this matter.

Still not an excuse. What do these devs think? That you can just sell unoptimized code and not expect backlash? And how the fuck did this shit even get approved?

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

HEads up, Verifying the Cache deletes the whole game as is being reported on the steam forums.

Yep... that's what I did the whole of last night, downloaded, tried to unlock the frame rate in the process of which broke the game. Verfied the game cache and it downloaded all over again. 10/9 - Okay IGN 

Performance on my card is complete horse shit, SLI doesn't work either at all. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

At this point, that is a very valid reason to buy the PS4 or XBox 1 versions.

Or you know, they could have not fucked the game up?

Oh, that's waaaay too much to ask for. We should just have to deal with them caring so much more about consoles than PCs.  :rolleyes:

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

That would be a posibility.

But this is WB Games. This is the company that released origins, sloppily patched it, then said "we're not patching it again. have an even buggier $15 DLC instead"

Game is fine.  Works well.

tumblr_inline_nqdv8rkh241s8q03t_540.png

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

in a sad way, this proves that nvidia has no vision for pc gaming. Gameworks just does more harm than the cool looking particles are worth.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that NVIDIA has no vision. But I think they should stop promoting bullshit and associate themselves only with games which are good PC titles in terms of graphical optimization. Look at AMD's gaming evolved program; it has almost become like a seal of approval for graphics optimization and those games have less stutter complaints, and scale well across a range of hardware.

NVIDIA should use it's position to push PC graphics in a positive direction, and that means not jumping on every sub-standard product, it means pushing for good optimization.

Downloaded the game-ready drivers. I figured my PC wasn't going to run it like butter but this is ridiculous.

Spam the hell out of Rocksteady's twitter. Let them know this crap isn't acceptable. If they don't respond in 3 days then refund. 

Refund the second you have reached the conclusion you are not getting what you want out of the product no matter what you attempt. No one will be able to speak as loud as watching their sales figures dropping.

As the saying goes, Money talks

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

30fps is easily unlockable via ini file located in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Batman Arkham Knight\BMGame\Config

BmSystemSettings.ini is the file. Look for "Maxfps" it'll say "30" .. switch it to 60 or 120 or 144 or 200.. or 300.. whatever you want.

On my system? nope... it doesn't work flawlessly, no graphics options properly like motion blur, tesselation, AA right nothing special but I believe in Rocksteady, they're not lazy bums and they'll fix it. hopefully I am right.

This worked for me.  Running in pretty good framerates; however, SLI profile is not working. 

Game runs ok.  Sometimes it dips below 40 fps for a brief second but other than that, it's fine.  (70 fps average on a single card) All settings maxed out.  SLI profile is not working.  Weird considering that the latest drivers 353.30 states it should work for this game.  Unless I read it wrong. 

I have a potato!

Refund the second you have reached the conclusion you are not getting what you want out of the product no matter what you attempt. No one will be able to speak as loud as watching their sales figures dropping.

As the saying goes, Money talks

You know what, you're right.

I'm getting a refund right now.

That's the right thing to do. You get buy it back when it's fixed. But we need to send a message.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that NVIDIA has no vision. But I think they should stop promoting bullshit and associate themselves only with games which show are good PC titles in terms of graphical optimization. Look at AMD's gaming evolved program; it has almost become like a seal of approval and those games are well optimized graphically, and scale well across a range of hardware.

NVIDIA should use it's position to push PC graphics in a positive direction, and that means not jumping on every sub-standard product, it means pushing for good optimization.

Maybe claiming that they have no vision was a bit shortsighted, I still question this game works thing and the games they promote. Some of them have been the most buggy, divisive and unoptimized games to hit the market.

Nothing is groundbreaking, its literally more of the same just doubling down on their hardwares strenghts a la tessellation et al. Hopefully they don't keep up this hyper competitive program and work with the industry.

And here I was really hyped for the game. Now it's obvious why they announced the 3.5GB day 1 patch... that I'm not sure even helps. Also as someone pointed out, the situation is very interesting considering how the game runs well on consoles.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

ya if you hear performance is getting back to where it should be nothing stopping you from getting it again. (even if this is just an empty threat on your part where you intend to rebuy it, they dont know that)

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

This worked for me.  Running in pretty good framerates; however, SLI profile is not working. 

Game runs ok.  Sometimes it dips below 40 fps for a brief second but other than that, it's fine.  (70 fps average on a single card) All settings maxed out.  SLI profile is not working.  Weird considering that the latest drivers 353.30 states it should work for this game.  Unless I read it wrong. 

I am also seeking SLI features to work.  My 2x GTX 680 does not work in SLI for this game (2nd GPU usage at 0%).  I also ensure to re-enable SLI in the NVIDIA control panel after updating to the latest driver, as always.

That's the right thing to do. You get buy it back when it's fixed. But we need to send a message.

tumblr_nqdyxuTrIX1sgbu3ro1_1280.png

Done.

ARRRRGH! Why do people never listen?!

let them!

to stop this "religion" there must be a lot of people burned by this; otherwise it will never stop

the days of optimized PC ports are long gone.......

Not true, look at the last few months.

GTA V was good

Witcher 3 (minus hairworks) was good

tumblr_nqdyxuTrIX1sgbu3ro1_1280.png

Done.

Does a refund HAVE to go to your steam wallet. I bought the CD key somewhere else and I have not entered the key yet.

If I enter the key and try out the game and want a refund, how will that work?

Does a refund HAVE to go to your steam wallet. I bought the CD key somewhere else and I have not entered the key yet.

You CANNOT refund a key you aquired elsewhere though steam, your best bet is to go to the place you bought it and hope they will honor a refund.

System Specs

Refunds happen from the place you purchased the game. If you purchased it from outside steam then you cannot refund it on steam obviously. They never took your money so they can't give it back.

Another nail in the coffin for gameworks, what are those guys even promoting?

Hasn't it been confirmed that refunds are only for items bought directly from the store?

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

games redeemed by third-party keys can't be refunded.

and I chose steam wallet because it's less of a hassle than dealing with Paypal if I want to buy it again. Though given the spoilers on /v/ it seems this game is basically "we put the batmobile in so blow up tanks for 90 hours like it's Battlefield"