Arkham Knight 30FPS Lock and multiple GPU issues

ApolloEleven

oh Batman games the pinnacle of gaming.... actually a dead horse dragged by his name...

the first two were incredible games. origins wasn't AS good but it was still pretty good. this one is truly a monstrous excepion to the rule.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I did not expect this from rocksteady.

to all those who still don't understand why you don't preorder: you asked for it.

Well, I figured I'd log hundreds of hours into it like the previous titles and that it couldn't be as bad as Origins. Both of those statements were dead wrong.

I heard it was just a bug. Wouldn't be surprised if some stray code from the console versions are screwing with the PC version

ARRRRGH! Why do people never listen?! If we keep pre-ordering, we will keep getting burned. Is it still not clear at this point?! We have, time and time again, seen games that are buggy or utterly broken on launch day, all so the publisher can make a quick buck before reviews come out. Battlefield 4 was unfinished on it's released, and although it wasn't directly because of the aforementioned reason, it goes to show these companies should not be blindly trusted. Do we all need to be reminded of the disaster that was Assassin's Creed: Unity? Do I need to tell all of you about the missing faces, floating eyeballs, and the utterly abysmal performance of it? Do you not remember the review embargo that carried over after the game was released, done for the sole purpose of getting people to impulse buy the game before seeing an objective review of it?

And now this! TotalBiscuit has spoken and said that there are no review copies of the game for him to have! What does this tell us? It says that they are not confident enough in their product to feel that a review or critical analysis of their game will be positive and thus result in boosted sales. What they believe is that they need to get as much money from the consumers as possible before reviews come out so they don't realize the game's true nature before they bought it. 

Ugh, this really grinds my gears. The consumer is not completely at fault here, but he has played a role in this. Remember, people. No matter how much a developer or publisher in the past has been trustworthy, do not believe that it will always be so in the future. Always be skeptical and be a discerning consumer. You won't be burned as much that way.

give_that_man_a_cookie_meme-53c5150661c7

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

i said it before and i'll say it again , Pre order needs to die

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/376554-pre-order-exclusives-this-practise-needs-to-die/

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Unreal Engine 3 was never made to run on XB1 or PS4. Rocksteady probably had to port the engine themselves which probably means they butchered the work Epic did to get it to work. If they then had to port it back to PC maybe because of technical reasons then I can understand why this happened. 

What?! The Unreal 3 engine debuted on x86 systems. Which is what the current consoles and PC's run.

Nothing had to be ported, they just butchered it anyway. Hell Unreal 3 on launch day got over 60fps on an AMD 3870 512Mb card.

It's the same engine used in all the Bioshock games, and all the previous Batman ones.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

the first two were incredible games. origins wasn't AS good but it was still pretty good. this one is truly a monstrous excepion to the rule.

if you take batman it would be a average game , i tried to play last 2 games , but it didn't gripe me in any way

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

if you take batman it would be a average game , i tried to play last 2 games , but it didn't gripe me in any way

of course personal taste plays a role too- I found the gameplay itself to be a lot of fun. Of course the fact that it was batman added a nice atmosphere and allowed for interesting characters and plots.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

py1OAXH.png

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Luckily I didn't preorder this game (got it free with a graphics card) but was looking forward to it anyway. Booted it up and spent a good 10 minutes (with mounting frustration) messing with settings and couldn't crack 30fps. Then I figure, "Oh, I probably haven't installed the drivers yet, that will be the problem". But this made no difference either. So there I was, sitting at my desk, wondering if my 780 was completely redundant now when it dawned on me that they had capped the fps. Maybe I should have thought about it sooner, but I simply can't believe in this day and age that a company can get away with that. We pay $100s on graphics cards to play these games at 60fps...and its pretty much money down the drain in situations like these. It's the same as buying a brand new sports car, that comes with a 30mph limiter from the garage. It's not even a reasonable limit! Might as well pick up a 960 and be done with it! Disgraceful business practise. And I had such high hopes for this game. I just hope TB takes them to the cleaners over this. 

A 780 is better than a 960, you should keep that 780 or go with a better GPU than a 960 (eg 970 or 980).

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

Well for all the people that pre-ordered. Maybe they will learn from their mistakes.

They won't...my brother-in-law just preorder games because he like the trailers he is seeing. He does not know what performance issues are and does not know what framerate are and does not care about reviews or what makes a good game. When he finished Watch Dog on PS3 he said that was the best game he ever played and looked as good as the PS4 version....Oh god help me....

Unfortunately the gaming industry targets these kind of audience, people like us with technical knowledge are just a minority to them.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

never played a batman game and never will. boring game anyway . so i dont give a *****

Um how could you say its boring if you have not played it? Obviously you haven't played Arkham City.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/batman-arkham-city

They won't...my brother-in-law just preorder games because he like the trailers he is seeing. He does not know what performance issues are and does not know what framerate are and does not care about reviews or what makes a good game. When he finished Watch Dog on PS3 he said that was the best game he ever played and looked as good as the PS4 version....Oh god help me....

Unfortunately the gaming industry targets these kind of audience, people like us with technical knowledge are just a minority to them.

Hopefully he will understand his mistakes when he's older.

If not, well gg then xD No faith in him at all then

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Becausew UE3 just sucks. Only fan boys hype it up lol The engine still has to bake lights lol

All engines bake lights....most engine are limited to 4 dynamic light sources unless they turn to deferred rendering which then disables any form of anti-aliasing and a performance hit on lesser GPUs.

All and every shadow running in real-time is not possible yet. Ambient Occlusion is just one small step to that, we still get baked shadows or baked-ambient occlusion on AAA games eg Witcher 3, Battlefield 4, Crysis 3, etc. That's why Nvidia made a big deal about this with their "Maxwell's Voxel Global Illumination Technology" which could potentially move us from baked lighting. They could barely render a lunar moon landing that has basic geometry and low-poly count in real-time with this technology using quad GTX 980 SLI or something, so don't think we have gotten past baked lighting.

If you participate in Battlefield 4 community testing, they were testing a new map but they remove all the textures but leave the baked shadows on...this is Frostbite Engine in 2015 and it has lot of baked shadows...So don't say these days it is not norm to bake shadows because every AAA games use it, the majority of shadows you see are baked in fact.

Unreal Engine 3 is one of the best engines to handle baked lighting, and actually UE3 is a deffered rendering engine which means it is really good at handling many light sources. Seriously have you tried Unreal Development Kit? Its really fast and accurate, that's why games like Bioshock Infinite look really good with little performance impact. But because it is deffered you cannot have MSAA that is why Mass Effect and Bioshock games only has FXAA or FSAA. So UE3 is unique in this regard.

A 780 is better than a 960, you should keep that 780 or go with a better GPU than a 960 (eg 970 or 980).

Hahahaha, I'm being facetious. I'm not actually going to ditch the 780.

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

Looks like rocksteady didn't even work on the PC but hired an external developer to port it to PC 
i dont get it, we are paying the same as console users are paying you, why would you treat the PC versions any differently ? they did work on their previous games for PC port didn't they?

msg-21562-0-07205500-1435071717.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Looks like rocksteady didn't even work on the PC but hired an external developer to port it to PC 

i dont get it, we are paying the same as console users are paying you, why would you treat the PC versions any differently ? they did work on their previous games for PC port didn't they?

I guess that explains the sudden quality drop.

And how disingenuous is this? Selling us the game and then telling us that they did not make the PC port.

Imagine if Valve sold us HL3, we buy it cause we know Valve makes good games. And then after purchase they tell us 'btw development was outsourced to a smaller less known studio who you haven't heard of'...

So basically... us PC gamers - despite the large user base and technical know-how - gets treated like second-rate gaming citizens?

I asked this before: why don't publishers / devs give more budget to different teams to work on different platforms to optimize code?  Instead, they spent it all on marketing... and more marketing. 

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

I guess that explains the sudden quality drop.

And how disingenuous is this? Selling us the game and then telling us that they did not make the PC port.

Imagine if Valve sold us HL3, we buy it cause we know Valve makes good games. And then after purchase they tell us 'btw development was outsourced to a smaller less known studio who you haven't heard of'...

What I find worse is that I haven't even seen the Port Developers shown anywhere in the game or on the loading splash screens.

They're not even giving them professional credit it seems. It still only shows Rocksteady before going to the NVIDIA splash.

It's disgusting on multiple fronts. Imagine if Square Enix did it with Crystal Dynamics and Tomb Raider.

Ugh.

I'm glad I didn't buy the game. Although I'm extremely annoyed this is the crap we get during the NVIDIA promotion for their top end graphics cards.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

This is what you cucks get for buying shit games.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

This is what you cucks get for buying shit games.

It's not a shit game; it's a great game in an alpha state.

PC Gamer analysed it a bit and concluded that there's a serious problem with textures in the game as well a serious stuters when entering the batmobile.

http://www.pcgamer.com/a-look-at-batman-arkham-knights-launch-day-issues/

I was just playing it and at one point the game froze for 20 seconds or so when I got out of the batmobile. I did have all of the Game works settings on and as high but most of the time I was getting a steady frame rate

I have the game downloaded but I'm not touching it until patches correct issues. It's a shame that people can't play a game on launch day anymore. Such bs.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

LOL this is what PC games have come to: un-optimized pieces of crap that run like a potato for several months until hardware devs (aka AMD and Nvidia) patch the shit out of the game due to the terri-bad coding done by the developer team. Seriously, who hires these coders...

I remember the days when games came on a couple CD's and they just worked perfectly... Either coders abilities to keep up with more complex games has gone down or, the magical install from a series of CD's makes code magically work...

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky