Arkham Knight 30FPS Lock and multiple GPU issues

ApolloEleven

Another nail in the coffin for gameworks, what are those guys even promoting?

Hasn't it been confirmed that refunds are only for items bought directly from the store?

The game is running bad with gameworks features off, it has 0 to do with it.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

It's all good, just sold it on Ebay for $12 profit. Glad I am out of this bad situation.

The game is running bad with gameworks features off, it has 0 to do with it.

The game devs have to take 100% responsibility for optimization I agree. Not blame GPU vendors.

But NVIDIA has repeatedly promoted and allowed their name to be associated with some of the worst examples of PC gaming. Why do they do that? It's very bad marketing and they have nobody to blame but themselves for the reputation which game works has developed.

They are the leading dedicated GPU vendor on PC, they make great hardware, but they should use that position to promote best practices in the industry and keep things moving forward.

Not true, look at the last few months.

GTA V was good

Witcher 3 (minus hairworks) was good

GTA V wasn't actually optimised that well. It was good, but not satisfactory imo. 

Even on relatively-low settings, I couldn't maintain a steady 144fps (yes I have 144hz monitor). A lot of the time, in particularly demanding scenes, the framerate would suffer without the GPU or CPU load necessarily increasing. Sometimes it would just stay exactly the same and the framerate would merely drop. More to the point, regardless of graphics settings, the game wasn't fully-utilising my hardware.

Don't get me wrong, it ran pretty well. But I don't consider it to be sufficiently-optimised.  

Arkham Asylum, City and Origins (the latter being particularly bad) were all similarly un-optimised, showing a similar lack of affinity towards my hardware (albeit worse than GTA V).

After the gameplay was, again, exactly the same in Origins (even making the freeze grenade a glue grenade and simply changing the name) and getting sick of key-prompts half-way through cutscenes, I guess it was naive of me to expect a fourth game to be any different. 

It is actually pathetic that it is the plat-du-jour for games these days to be so shoddily ported.

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

Even on relatively-low settings, I couldn't maintain a steady 144fps

High-roller right here, boys.

:)

Gameworks...(just kidding)

Seriously, this is getting out of control. All this proprietary tech fiasco is ruining the game industry and makes us lose our trust in devs.

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

Not true, look at the last few months.

GTA V was good

Witcher 3 (minus hairworks) was good

GTAV isn't exactly a gameworks title proper, it featured software tech from both of the main GPU vendors. Did it have a splash screen for either? 

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

something to learn for this is to give it a week or two so that can patch the game, otherwise people will do what they did to watchdogs and Unity, leave it in their library and never play it.

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

Spoiler "Arkham Knight is Jason."

What?? Are you serious?

The SLI flicker that occurs for extended periods of time in certain areas of the game is as bad as a damaged VHS tape being rewound

GTAV isn't exactly a gameworks title proper, it featured software tech from both of the main GPU vendors. Did it have a splash screen for either?

I know it's not an NVIDIA title. I was merely giving examples of good PC ports.

I know it's not an NVIDIA title. I was merely giving examples of good PC ports.

I thought you were giving examples for good gameworks titles, on account of the first part of the post. my apologies for the mistake.

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

Spoiler "Arkham Knight is"

NO.... You did not just say that...

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Spoiler "Arkham Knight is... ."

I swear to god, if you just spoiled the game...

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I was expecting this. Won't go into any further detail.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

NO.... You did not just say that...

I swear to god, if you just spoiled the game...

Judging from you two, I suppose the guy was telling the truth eh?

I don't know, still haven't bought the game due to obvious reasons, I said that in case he did. Either that or he knows what nerve to hit :D

Forgive me, but what do you mean?

The way Nvidia updates drivers (for me at least) is it wipes your old ones before installing the new ones

I'm pretty sure that you have to select custom install for that, but maybe I'm wrong.

I'll just tell you this: 

"When I scrolled past this post, its like someone threw acid into my eyes."

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

inb4 "only" one crash is common and perfectly acceptable.

Also, why is the AA only a toggle?! For AAA titles, there should even be different kinds of AA!

Yeah, i know what you mean. At least it didn't crash my computer like Origins did a couple of times.

Lucky for me I preordered the ps4 version....

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Lucky for me I preordered the ps4 version....

Your not lucky, you bought something before it was even released. The publisher could have folded and then you'd be out of pocket for the money you spent.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

-snip-

Why is it that almost every gameworks title is a horribly optimized piece of shit!?

I wonder what is going on at NVIDIA and the devs.

GPU-vendor specific games shouldn't be a thing imo, it always seems to end up badly some way or another.

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

Why is it that almost every gameworks title is a horribly optimized piece of shit!?

I wonder what is going on at NVIDIA and the devs.

GPU-vendor specific games shouldn't be a thing imo, it always seems to end up badly some way or another.

Yet most Gaming evolved titles run great iirc.