[RUMOR] AMD Fiji aims at $849 retail price

zappian

65ed06d5b579790571f57bdfeead342f_L.jpg

4GB first, 8GB to follow

Our well informed sources are telling us that Fiji is not going to be the cheapest chip on the market.  

The Fiji XT card should be performing well but the original plan to introduce the card at $799 is not happening, our sources tell us. Such a price had a logic -- the Fiji XT card is faster than Geforce GTX 980 that sells between $550 to $600 and Fiji XT performance is closer to the  $999 priced Geforce Titan X. Most Titan cards including a few from Asus and EVGA start at $1049, even more than the suggested retail price of $999. This means $849 is a reasonable price for what you get. . 

If you look at all the facts, it turns out that Fiji might be reasonably priced when compared with Titan X, but Nvidia will launch Geforce GTX 980 TI close to the Fiji launch, just to mess with AMD's plan and put some pressure on the company.

We hear Fiji XT will win some and lose some benchmarks to Titan.  

It looks like the 4GB card will be the first into the shops. The 8GB card has two  GPUs and it won't launch at the same time. The Fiji XT 4GB will launch by middle of June, around E3.

At this price point it only makes sense if it beats out the titan X consistently since the Titan X is a premium card and has more VRAM.

I was expecting a lower price for the flagship AMD GPU .

There is also the (possible) gtx 980 TI which will probably compete at this price point or lower.

I dont think this is the smartest price bracket for this card.

I guess AMD were serious when they said they did not want to be considered the "budget" option

If they are asking that much, perhaps they are confident it will perform that highly

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

They're going to do the same thing they did with the R9 295x2 and start it at a dumb price that'll then burn them again.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

They're going to do the same thing they did with the R9 295x2 and start it at a dumb price that'll then burn them again.

Dumb because it was 1500 and the titan black at the time was 3k? Not sure why that was actually dumb, it was less than the price of 2 290xs and a waterblock for them...

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

65ed06d5b579790571f57bdfeead342f_L.jpg

At this price point it only makes sense if it beats out the titan X consistently since the Titan X is a premium card and has more VRAM.

There is also the (possible) gtx 980 TI which will probably compete at this price point or lower.

I dont think this is the smartest price bracket for this card.

Dude think about it... new amd card=r9 290x goes down in price.

My rig:
CPU: i7 4790k @4.5ghz (1.165v) COOLER: Hyper 212 Evo  MOBO: Asus Maximus VI EXTREME   RAM: 8GB Kingston FURY @1866 Mhz   GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 970 DUAL SLI   PSU: Corsair HX750   CASE: NZXT Phantom 830 HDD: WD Black 3TB SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256Gb

Cough cough titan z, dual GPU cards don't tend to do that well.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

850 is way to much to get NVIDIA, they should do a r9 290x priced one, but whatever I guess its okey to make on stupid expensive and sell all others that are soooo old

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Dumb because it was 1500 and the titan black at the time was 3k? Not sure why that was actually dumb, it was less than the price of 2 290xs and a waterblock for them...

The 295x2 performed a few frames behind the titan Z for half the price.

Seems like a good deal to me .

damnit amd

CPU: 4790K (4.8 ghz) | COOLING: Custom Liquid Cooling (240 mm rad) | GPU: GTX 980 ti Superclocked+ (2x)  | MOBO: Gryphon Z97 Armor Edition | RAM: Kingston (4x4 gb 1600 mhz) | SSD: 850 Evo (250 gb) | HDD: Black (1.5 tb) | CASE: Enthoo Evolv | PSU: G2 850 (850 w) | DISPLAYS: Acer XB270HU bprz / Philips 246V5LHAB/27 (3x) | KEYBOARD: Vengeance K60 | MOUSE: Naos 7000 | HEADSEAT: H Wireless / Cloud 2 | For the exact parts visit my PCPartpicker it even includes my Desk and some other stuff.

If the 390x aims to eat the Titan X then this might be good....

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I really dont get why tbey dont want to be the "cheaper" option. Like legit... people buy that shit cause they can actually afford it...

My rig:
CPU: i7 4790k @4.5ghz (1.165v) COOLER: Hyper 212 Evo  MOBO: Asus Maximus VI EXTREME   RAM: 8GB Kingston FURY @1866 Mhz   GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 970 DUAL SLI   PSU: Corsair HX750   CASE: NZXT Phantom 830 HDD: WD Black 3TB SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256Gb

Okay, so you guys want AMD to get ahead of the competition but you're going to say "I dont think this is the smartest price bracket for this card."

Really? How do you think they're going to ever make enough profit to make more advances in their tech?

850 will probably be the high-end water cooled version, I'd imagine the air cooled one to be somewhere between 700$-750$. Of course thats still a lot but you have to consider all this new tech they're implementing with these cards like the all new HBM vram.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

I really dont get why tbey dont want to be the "cheaper" option. Like legit... people buy that shit cause they can actually afford it...

A high price for the flagship creates a premium feel for the whole line-up.

As long as it performs near the Titan X.

Ill smash my 780s and jump on the AMD bandwagon

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

As long as it performs near the Titan X.

Ill smash my 780s and jump on the AMD bandwagon

Hey hey, AMD isnt OnePlus... dont have to smash your old card to buy the new one

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

Okay, so you guys want AMD to get ahead of the competition but you're going to say "I dont think this is the smartest price bracket for this card."

Really? How do you think they're going to ever make enough profit to make more advances in their tech?

Good point but if you take a look at the main people who buy their cards you will see that most of those people buy the cards because they are cheap.... if someone wants a badass card they will most likely always buy from team green. They sould really focus more on people who buy their shit not on the few individuals that will be able to afford those cards. I do t want to start any arguments but as far as i know people tend to chose amd only ehen they are low on budget lol

My rig:

Good point but if you take a look at the main people who buy their cards you will see that most of those people buy the cards because they are cheap.... if someone wants a badass card they will most likely always buy from team green. They sould really focus more on people who buy their shit not on the few individuals that will be able to afford those cards. I do t want to start any arguments but as far as i know people tend to chose amd only ehen they are low on budget lol

Right, so they'll have to continue to buy cheaper cards, they just won't have a shiny new bang-for-your-buck flagship card. The issue I'm having with these people are they're claiming they want AMD to get ahead and spank Nvidia, but they don't like it when AMD is probably going to stick to their word and not want to be known as the "cheaper option".

Also, badass doesn't = Nvidia all the time in every instance.

No worries, just wait like 7 months and grab it for half price like always. History shows that the bigger the price tag the faster it falls, only so much of their consumer base is willing to be ripped off and at the end of the day they need to move units to make money. 

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

850 is way to much to get NVIDIA, they should do a r9 290x priced one, but whatever I guess its okey to make on stupid expensive and sell all others that are soooo old

They will do an R9 290x priced card....the R9 380x which is a 290x rebadged. 

And yes the price point is high, but this can potentially come water cooled and throw down vs the titan, so it's quite ok

-------

Current Rig

-------

No worries, just wait like 7 months and grab it for half price like always. History shows that the bigger the price tag the faster it falls, only so much of their consumer base is willing to be ripped off and at the end of the day they need to move units to make money.

Agreed

My rig:

They will do an R9 290x priced card....the R9 380x which is a 290x rebadged. 

And yes the price point is high, but this can potentially come water cooled and throw down vs the titan, so it's quite ok

Yeah, I meant a new card, why is amd thinking that people will buy cards that have been refreshed 3times ?

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Um, no. 295x2 was 3x the cost of a 290X at 1500. 2 290X and a waterblock would have cost 1200 at the most.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

appearantly they think money grows on trees ...

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ...