what's your weirdest computer idea?

Mine was to maybe do a d-frame style build, but spherical, and suspend the parts with bungee cords in the middle. Never happened. These can be theoretical!

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Video game themed PC case mod.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

4 Hard drives in Raid 10, Mineral oil PC

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Do you want a 4chan answer or an actual answer?

One of each, I guess

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

A water cooled laptop where every part uses quick release fittings to attach to the loop.

Each part would be in block like things with the valves and a data connection so you could even cool things like the ram if you wanted.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

Mine would be to reduce the size of an A/C system and basically cool a PC with it. Instead of water running through the lines I would have refridgerant. Components I would need would be a block for the CPU, compressor, condenser and a dryer ohh and also the refridgerant which would require a license to actually buy it but goddamn would the PC run cool :P

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

My idea eh? Uh..... Building a PC that's soo damn strong and put many curved monitor until it builds a Sphere shape.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

I once thought about designing a 'freezer' style case that didn't have the moisture etc problems. Guess that never worked out.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Mountain Dew cooled PC instead of water  :P

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

Not so much a computer idea, but an idea on peoples thoughts of computers.

The idea being that people would realize that a mac is still a PC and that they should learn what PC actually stands for...

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

-snip-

THIS!!!!!! thatd be so damn badass!

askdjfasdf

ATTENTION ALL MONITOR MANUFACTURERS: sounds like there's a pretty big marked for semispherical monitors.

A case that has "1,000" written on the side.

Why?

Why?

Check my post count. :)

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

Take a used car. Clean it all up. Remove everything from the hood.

Place all the computer components(motherboard, cpu, gpu) in-place of the car's engine. 

Remove the windshield. Place a monitor(4k prefered now) instead. Close any gaps with proper materials.

Now, just keep one seat in the center. The backseats can be kept as they are.

The ignition should be connected to the motherboard to turn on the computer. 

Remove the steering wheel. Attach some placement surface for the keyboard and the mouse instead of the steering wheel.

Adjust the gas pedal/accelerator for cpu over clocking. The clutch should be adjusted for GPU overclocking. The brakes can be used to decide the overclocked limit, hence no need to keep the pedals pressed.

Check my post count. :)

Oh. You're one of those.

... :|

Take a used car. Clean it all up. Remove everything from the hood.

Place all the computer components(motherboard, cpu, gpu) in-place of the car's engine.

Remove the windshield. Place a monitor(4k prefered now) instead. Close any gaps with proper materials.

Now, just keep one seat in the center. The backseats can be kept as they are.

The ignition should be connected to the motherboard to turn on the computer.

Remove the steering wheel. Attach some placement surface for the keyboard and the mouse instead of the steering wheel.

Adjust the gas pedal/accelerator for cpu over clocking. The clutch should be adjusted for GPU overclocking. The brakes can be used to decide the overclocked limit, hence no need to keep the pedals pressed.

When do you go into manufacturing?

put everyday consumer pcs into raid mode to have a drone squad of them without having to go through a Linux server setup and such

Liquid Nitrogen bathed Titan X's (4) powering a massive 1/4 sphere monitor that has built in IR tracking.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha