what's your weirdest computer idea?

memory dimms for gpu's. Would be awesome,but there allot of factors that prevent it from being implemented

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

5960K, Quad Titan SLI, aluminum mineral oil tank with a acrylic window in the front.

Plate this stuff in gold

• Mosfet heatsink
  • Chipset heatsink
  • Tank and motherboard tray
  • CPU cooler
  • GPU coolers
  • RAM heatsink
  • Radiators
  • Tubing
  • Fittings

there isn't a current cpu with enough lanes

memory dimms for gpu's. Would be awesome,but there allot of factors that prevent it from being implemented

that would be absolutely amazing

i could keep my 970 and have like 8Gb of GDDR5 ram

I want to mod a bedroom fan into the panel of a computer case :D

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811196031

Bam. Enjoy

11-196-031-04.jpg

11-196-031-05.jpg

11-196-031-06.jpg

EDIT: Although... modding it yourself would be more badass.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

Liquid Nitrogen bathed Titan X's (4) powering a massive 1/4 sphere monitor that has built in IR tracking.

or steams new vr coming out this fall

there isn't a current cpu with enough lanes

For what? Quad SLI Titans?

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

For what? Quad SLI Titans?

oh i was thinking quad titan X sli oops

what cpu do they use

It doesn't say, but it's mostly irrelevant. It's possible, and that's the bottom line. The 5960X that you quoted from before supports 40 PCIe lanes (http://ark.intel.com/products/82930/Intel-Core-i7-5960X-Processor-Extreme-Edition-20M-Cache-up-to-3_50-GHz)

I'd want an overclocked Itanium CPU with Quadro and Tesla GPUs?? Maybe a dual CPU setup with an ASUS P10 mobo and 420 GB of memory.

a HHD cage with sata cable's so you can just put a hdd/sdd in and get files of it (probably the most realistic of all )

So like a hotswap bay? My some cases have one on top of the case. Such as a In Win GT 1

So like a hotswap bay? My some cases have one on top of the case. Such as a In Win GT 1

isnt that called a docking station?

Take a used car. Clean it all up. Remove everything from the hood.

Place all the computer components(motherboard, cpu, gpu) in-place of the car's engine. 

Remove the windshield. Place a monitor(4k prefered now) instead. Close any gaps with proper materials.

Now, just keep one seat in the center. The backseats can be kept as they are.

The ignition should be connected to the motherboard to turn on the computer. 

Remove the steering wheel. Attach some placement surface for the keyboard and the mouse instead of the steering wheel.

Adjust the gas pedal/accelerator for cpu over clocking. The clutch should be adjusted for GPU overclocking. The brakes can be used to decide the overclocked limit, hence no need to keep the pedals pressed.

LOL this is inventive as hell. I like this...

a few years ago I built a rig VERY similar... I used the front half of a junk civic in my garage,  except I had a logitech G25 in place of the real controls, and a 1080p screen. it was purely my racing sim.

couldn't take it with me to the new house but i'll be building a new one in a few months for upcoming racing games.

is it weird that I just want to have a modern PC instead of having to build one with hand-me-down used parts from a generation ago?

only new parts I've ever bought were a ATi 9600 XT more than 10 years ago, and a cheap-o case and PSU from Frys a year ago.  eevveerrytthiingg else is hand-me-down or used off craigslist and not modern at all :(

One big uber-powered computer sitting in my closet that could stream multiple operating systems, so I can just have monitors randomly through my house that are all being streamed to by the big hunk of machinery in the closet. Also, microphones around the house so I could give the big machine voice commands. It'd also know where in the house I was so I could say "turn on lights", etc. Oh oh, and speakers. It'd be like Jarvis. 

A full room computer consisting of roughly 100 CPU/Motherboard combos in a Supercomputer configuration, using 10tb SSD for operation and 25tb for storage. I'll actually build this if I ever become independently wealthy.

I wanted to do a water cooled PC any put the rads outside my window in Oregon. But Linus beat me to it.

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

I was thinking modding a tj11 so it is a sealed unit, so i could fill it up with oil.

but still run a water cool loop on it.

other thing is run a whole pc on N2

Its all about those volumetric clouds

A full room computer consisting of roughly 100 CPU/Motherboard combos in a Supercomputer configuration, using 10tb SSD for operation and 25tb for storage. I'll actually build this if I ever become independently wealthy.

How do you make ask the motherboard's work together?

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Weird idea... But after I graduate from College, I want to mount 4 different mITX based PCs in my car. I don't know how yet, but I think at least two of the units will be placed in the trunk.

One for the driver: Touchsceen display will be mounted where the radio sat, keyboard rolls out like a CD drive but it's strictly for navigation, car status, music, etc.

One for the passenger riding shotgun: Display mounted on the dashboard, keyboard rolls out as well as the mouse. Inputs will be height adjustable.

Two for the backseat passengers: Each display/input unit will be embedded onto the front seats. All inputs can be adjusted vertically and horizontally.

All passenger units will be LAN'd together making them able to play games. Imagine a long ass road trip playing ARTEMIS, Castle Crashers, or Borderlands.

Of course motion-sickness meds will be located in the center console of the car.

Main Rig: Illya V2, the Tiny Titan: ||i7 8700k 5GHz @ 1.385v (delidded)|| ||NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE|| ||KrakenZ63|| ||ASRock Z390-Phantom-ITX/ac|| ||Corsair SF750||

2nd Rig: Illya V1, the Air Cooled Prodigy: ||i7 4790k 4.4GHz @ 1.3v|| |NVIDIA RTX 2080 FE|| ||Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2|| ||ASRock Z87-E|| ||SeaSonic G-Series 550w (Carbon Fiber Mod)||

Captain isHypnophobic of the LTT Conglomerate.

Weird idea... But after I graduate from College, I want to mount 4 different mITX based PCs in my car. I don't know how yet, but I think at least two of the units will be placed in the trunk.

One for the driver: Touchsceen display will be mounted where the radio sat, keyboard rolls out like a CD drive but it's strictly for navigation, car status, music, etc.

One for the passenger riding shotgun: Display mounted on the dashboard, keyboard rolls out as well as the mouse. Inputs will be height adjustable.

Two for the backseat passengers: Each display/input unit will be embedded onto the front seats. All inputs can be adjusted vertically and horizontally.

All passenger units will be LAN'd together making them able to play games. Imagine a long ass road trip playing ARTEMIS, Castle Crashers, or Borderlands.

Of course motion-sickness meds will be located in the center console of the car.

Okay, this Artemis thing sounds amazing. Do all the computers need to be plugged into the same router, or does wireless work? Also, how does it determine what computers are playing? I don't wanna drag my mom into the game...

EDIT: the car idea is PRETTY DAMN AMAZING too.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.