Experience with Chinese imported phones

FliP0x

I currently use a OnePlus 7 Pro that I bought when it releases and I am considering to upgrade to something newer.

The 7Pro still runs fine except reduced battery capacity after 5 years of use.

I am considering getting the OnePlus 12, either the global 16/512 or the chinese 24/1TB variant.

I've been doing some reading regarding the differences and possible risks regarding imported china phones and I've found a lot of contradicting information because some people only had great experiences and some people were not so lucky with some stuff like Netflix not working.

Regarding the hardware, I understand that it's exactly the same, with the only exception that the 1TB variant is not available globally and there could be some bands missing in the chinese version, but I already checked and this won't be a problem for my location.

What I am interested in are some real-world experiences from users, have you had any issues with your Chinese imported phone, does the OS work normally, as the global version, anything else worth noting?

I have to add that the phone will have the official OxygenOS flashed on it, so technically it should work as a global release variant.

NZXT S340 | Ryzen 7 5900X | B550 AORUS PRO V2 | TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200 | RTX 4070
Nintendo Switch (2x), Nintendo *New* 3DS, PSP-1000, PSP-2000 (Crisis Core Limited Edition)

MacBook Pro 14 (2021), 16GB RAM, 512GB ROM