what's your weirdest computer idea?

4 way SLI with the best GPUs at the time and the beefiest CPU  at the time, copper pipes filled with mercury for liquid cooling. three pumps, all the reservoirs that could fit, and like 5 Rads. then stick the whole thing in a mineral oil bath inside a cube that circulates the oil. now that that cube and put it in a larger cube that is refrigerated.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

4 way SLI with the best GPUs at the time and the beefiest CPU at the time, copper pipes filled with mercury for liquid cooling. three pumps, all the reservoirs that could fit, and like 5 Rads. then stick the whole thing in a mineral oil bath inside a cube that circulates the oil. now that that cube and put it in a larger cube that is refrigerated.

Ermagerd. Ermerzerng

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

is it weird that I just want to have a modern PC instead of having to build one with hand-me-down used parts from a generation ago?

only new parts I've ever bought were a ATi 9600 XT more than 10 years ago, and a cheap-o case and PSU from Frys a year ago. eevveerrytthiingg else is hand-me-down or used off craigslist and not modern at all :(

nah man, that's normal. Save up, you'll get there. Props for bargain hunting tho.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

A Pc in an old computer grey case with something like a intel i486 base. And than crank the speed up so you can play Wow or something simmilar on it

Maybe a 3dfx voodoo as GPU

I always wanted to make a computer that literally ran off the electricity produced from Hamsters on wheels

DON'T LAUGH! Its my DREAM! 

I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.288V                 Corsair Vengeance 12GB Cas8                          Overclocker Thug life
MSI-Gaming-7                                       Corsair Sandforce GT 120gig                             http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R2Jb6h   (Current Build)

OCZ Vertex2 60gig                               Corsair F60 60gig

A water-cooled gaming laptop with low-key business laptop look.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Uhh...

eeg4eMl.jpg

xfZ6yGb.jpg

A shame the dell motherboard died last night...

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Google Maps in a car? I mean, it's 2015 why don't we have this yet?

A case that has "1,000" written on the side.

Sohardcore.jpg

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

A 27 inch laptop with desktop parts and liquid cooling. If I had the money I could actually do it, but I don't.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

A jarvis based operating system but with a female voice ... i would be forever single haha

Let's agree to disagree

A bed launcher that would place me in front of my PC every morning. 

130927-Contraptions_1.gif

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.7GHz --- RAM: Lenovo 1600MHz 16GB --- MOBO: Gigabyte Z97-G7 --- GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0+--- PSU: Corsair CX600 --- Case: Corsair Air 540 --- Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 --- OS: Windows 8.1 --- Monitor: 24" AOC G2460P + Dell 19" --- Mouse: Logitech MX Perfromance --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Brown) --- Audio: Sennheiser HD558

Don't buy a GTX 980, it's overpriced! Buy 2 GTX 970s or 2 R9 290s intstead (the R9 290s would even be cheaper)

Google Maps in a car? I mean, it's 2015 why don't we have this yet?

http://www.android.com/auto/

wen is dis actually going to be in cars ;-;

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

EDIT: Although... modding it yourself would be more badass.

JESUS WTF IS THAT THING

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

realistically: toaster

It has already been invented. It's called PS3.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

How do you make ask the motherboard's work together?

There's a "Daisy chain"type configuration that makes it possible. I think it's referred to as a beowulf cluster.

I once thought about making a 2-axis treadmill using surface full of trackpoints. Its actually not that hard and costs could be cut down substantially. (It would still cost too much and the math would be way too hard for me. 2+1D) Idea came from those balls that are used with VR and they are passive systems that wobble inevitable (jerk). Sensors beneath the surface couldnt differentiate between standing on toes and running so the accuracy is not that big deal, its there just to verify what camera sees. (And ofc resolution and accuracy are preferable, but the major advantage i came up was to eliminate gimbal lock. Like making it possible to apply Kalman filter.)

Other one i had was to make a quad copter that could fly even with a broken rotor. I got laughed out, but then this one German guy made one that did just that. "Youve never obviously flied one" Well, who has? Its always flown by wire.

BTW I need to add how i made my "calculations". I tried to escape from my wall..ess? (without walls) prison in my mind. 

When the going gets weirdthe weird turn pro.

I always wanted to make a computer that literally ran off the electricity produced from Hamsters on wheels

DON'T LAUGH! Its my DREAM!

This would be amazing

I once thought about making a 2-axis treadmill using surface full of trackpoints. Its actually not that hard and costs could be cut down substantially.

#readyplayerone2016

4 Hard drives in Raid 10, Mineral oil PC

that what my friend is trying to do (mineral oil) for test :)

and for me its my case look like darth vader x) i got the idea to set a real darth vader head in front :D

that what my friend is trying to do (mineral oil) for test :)

and for me its my case look like dark vador x) i got the idea to set a real dark vador head in front :D

Darth Vader?

Not dark vador... *facepalm*

Darth Vader?

Not dark vador... *facepalm*

oh shit sorry you're true :P gonna correct it *double epic facepalm*

I always wanted a gaming room with all the PCs on the same loop. Similar to whole room water cooling but this before. I wanted massive radiators so it can run passive.

Okay, this Artemis thing sounds amazing. Do all the computers need to be plugged into the same router, or does wireless work? Also, how does it determine what computers are playing? I don't wanna drag my mom into the game...

EDIT: the car idea is PRETTY DAMN AMAZING too.

Artemis is indeed a cool game! So all the PC's will be individual units all connected to a network switch. So the you'd play together is just like how you'd start a game in a LAN party. Since they're all individual PCs people can opt out and play or do something else.

Main Rig: Illya V2, the Tiny Titan: ||i7 8700k 5GHz @ 1.385v (delidded)|| ||NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE|| ||KrakenZ63|| ||ASRock Z390-Phantom-ITX/ac|| ||Corsair SF750||

2nd Rig: Illya V1, the Air Cooled Prodigy: ||i7 4790k 4.4GHz @ 1.3v|| |NVIDIA RTX 2080 FE|| ||Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2|| ||ASRock Z87-E|| ||SeaSonic G-Series 550w (Carbon Fiber Mod)||

Captain isHypnophobic of the LTT Conglomerate.