when did the hate shift from EA to Ubisoft?

VioDuskar
Go to solution Solved by Nup,

Hmm probably around the release of watch dogs? 

EA just stopped messing up worse then Ubisoft, and then the attention shifted. 

serious question. i remember that everyone used to hate EA, now it's Ubisoft hate.

when did this happen?

i never hated EA, because i liked deadspace3 i guess. but i hate Ubisoft because FC4 was a shitshow in SLI. (super bugged too.)

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

battlefront will change it again ^^

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

When people realized assassins creed was just a clone of the last game. And WatchDogs being total shit didnt help

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I think ever since they announced yearly release cycle for AC? It was around that time that the devs made some suspicious comments (it's a number anyway etc) and followed up by bug ridden games, it didn't go down easily in the eyes of the consumers.

EDIT: Ah, yes. How could I forget Watch_Dogs...

Edited by Wauthar

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

The EA hate never stopped (BF4, BF Hardline), but the Ubi hate started around Watch Dogs not giving the 'promised' graphics.

Unity's overall poor performance and also just when Ubisoft using UPlay

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

serious question. i remember that everyone used to hate EA, now it's Ubisoft hate.

when did this happen?

i never hated EA, because i liked deadspace3 i guess. but i hate Ubisoft because FC4 was a shitshow in SLI. (super bugged too.)

Because EA have been doing good stuff (mostly) lately, they even let you refund your games on origin and all sorts - they are still not the best company in the world BUT Ubisoft have become 100x worse

Ubisoft however, have released downgraded games, broken games, told us 30fps is more cinematic, told us resolution is just a number and just generally been a massive arseface

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The EA hate never stopped (BF4, BF Hardline), but the Ubi hate started around Watch Dogs not giving the 'promised' graphics.

hate Uplay BTW.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

I think ever since they announced yearly release cycle for AC? It was around that time that the devs made some suspicious comments (it's a number anyway etc) and followed up by bug ridden games, it didn't go down easily in the eyes of the consumers.

EDIT: Ah, yes. How could I forget Watch_Dogs...

I think it was yearly since AC1 tbh :P But the hate started at AC3

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

It started with watch_dogs, the game was incredibly hyped and turned out to be average or less.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

So you buy the game on steam to play the game on UPlay.

K DEN

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

EA was never bad in my opinion. People like to whine about aspects of certain services and games that they haven't even experienced.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I really hope that EA and DICE don't f*** up Battlefront...

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

Watchdogs 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

BF4 and BFH are good games, honestly.

BF4 and BFH are good games, honestly.

BF4 is now after a ton of patches and updates but hardline is still garbage as a full price game as a 30$ expansion it would have bin ok.

Yeah agree with this. Ubisoft are just making the same game over and over again.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

Ubisoft was already locking up their games under utterly draconian DRM and verbally accusing 95% of us of being pirates as early as 2–3 years before Watch Underscore Dogs. If you ask me, no one paid enough attention to the garbage Ubisoft was pulling in those days.

EA earned quite a bit of ire, particularly back then. But why do we feel like we have to pick one? We can (and should) be critical and skeptical of both. Hell, be critical and skeptical of everything anyone is trying to sell you.

when did this happen?

well all EAs games are fully working, abd BFH launch was flawless, unlike ACU, watchdogs et.

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yeah agree with this. Ubisoft are just making the same game over and over again.

It's a damn shame. AC had such good premise. But I feel like they didn't exploit it as well as they could have... Or at least just not milked to death.

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

It's a damn shame. AC had such good premise. But I feel like they didn't exploit it as well as they could have... Or at least just not milked to death.

Yeah totally, but it is just the same game as Brotherhood. Not much (at least not anything major) has changed since then. Also in my opinion the setting have been getting worse. Unity was an awful setting imo.

Even Watchdogs was the same game as AC in a difference setting. The structure is the same game. Same thing with Farcry, just recycled stuff.

And lastly, if you are an assassin you should be able to freaking crouch.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C