when did the hate shift from EA to Ubisoft?

VioDuskar
Go to solution Solved by Nup,

Hmm probably around the release of watch dogs? 

EA just stopped messing up worse then Ubisoft, and then the attention shifted. 

serious question. i remember that everyone used to hate EA, now it's Ubisoft hate.

when did this happen?

i never hated EA, because i liked deadspace3 i guess. but i hate Ubisoft because FC4 was a shitshow in SLI. (super bugged too.)

Watch_Dogs is not the only reason...But it's a great reason.

For those bastards to downgrade the game to console graphics and leave the original graphics files in there is a joke.

I will say though I love far cry 4...but the're still bastards.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Yeah totally, but it is just the same game as Brotherhood. Not much (at least not anything major) has changed since then. Also in my opinion the setting have been getting worse. Unity was an awful setting imo.

Even Watchdogs was the same game as AC in a difference setting. The structure is the same game. Same thing with Farcry, just recycled stuff.

And lastly, if you are an assassin you should be able to freaking crouch.

Maybe they'll eventually get their heads back on straight. They've had some nice ideas. Lol love the crouching gripe! Haha

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Maybe they'll eventually get their heads back on straight. They've had some nice ideas. Lol love the crouching gripe! Haha

I cant be the only one that thinks that lol.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

serious question. i remember that everyone used to hate EA, now it's Ubisoft hate.

when did this happen?

i never hated EA, because i liked deadspace3 i guess. but i hate Ubisoft because FC4 was a shitshow in SLI. (super bugged too.)

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Ubisoft is the holy Queen of bad pc ports.

I find it so funny that GTA V makes unity look like a kindergarten project while running much smoother on sensible hardware.

haha true. So what about your cpu? We could trade. My 8350 has 8 cores! 4 more then your cpu has ! Eeeeeeee.. ? Cmon...

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Hmm probably around the release of watch dogs? 

EA just stopped messing up worse then Ubisoft, and then the attention shifted.

That's how I remember it as well. However Ubisoft really started going down the drain for me back when they released AC3 and UPlay hasn't been helping anything.

The EA hate never stopped (BF4, BF Hardline), but the Ubi hate started around Watch Dogs not giving the 'promised' graphics.

Unity's overall poor performance and also just when Ubisoft using UPlay

It also doesn't help that Watch_Dogs had hidden E3 options that not only improved the graphics it even improved performance in some/most cases. My i5/7870 setup at the time was running 1080p/60fps at high settings easily.

That's how I remember it as well. However Ubisoft really started going down the drain for me back when they released AC3 and UPlay hasn't been helping anything.

True indeed, I'd forgotten about that. but i think that was just one people were willing to let slide :P 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Since Ubisoft forgot to make good decent games and EA somewhat improved. Still, both companies are appalling. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I dunno if the hate has "shifted away" from EA. EA still has shitty business practices and they are one of the companies that have done the most to try to monopolize the computer games market. Ever since EA started selling hardcopy games (i.e. on CD, DVD etc.) which actually cannot, under any circumstances be installed off of the discs, meaning they are only there for show, I vowed never to purchase another EA game. Generally most of the franchises that were not originally EA franchises, have taken a nosedive in quality as well. But this isn't unique for EA though, it happens whenever a games company gets too big. It becomes more about the corporate earnings than about the quality of the products, which is why pretty much everything that is interesting in the games industry happens via crowd funding these day.

The sad thing is, that back in the early to mid 90's, perhaps even into the early 2000's, the name Electronic Arts was practically synonymous with top quality games with perfect attention to detail.

Oh well...

it's not just watch dogs though

it's more about UPLAY, their activation limit, poor game optimization

and the worst part is they releasing broken games in a row

btw uplay required constant internet connection or it will nagging your gameplay.

it just amazing how they still get gamers attention, even their PR is stupid enough to make comment about fps

Ubisoft responded by stating that 60 FPS is not “that great” and that 30 FPS “actually feels better.”

I hate them both equally for numerous reasons.  ^_^

MSI X99S SLI PLUS  // Intel Core i7-5960X Processor (8 x 3.0 GHz) // Corsair Hydro Series H80i Cooling // 32 GB DDR4 High End Crucial 2133 MHz RAM

2 x 4096 MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 //2 x 500 GB SATA III Samsung 840 EVO SSD // 4000 GB SATA III, 7200upm // 1000 Watt Silverstone Strider SS //Creative Sound Blaster Z

Cooler Master Cosmos II Big Tower (ATX)