Experiences with non-techies

What is "Re-Image"?

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

When I was younger I would always get blamed when something went wrong with the computer, saying my games broke it. I'm pretty sure If a game is being released to thousands of people, it will be stable and not cause the BSOD for no reason.

My mom said shit like that to me.

My friend is ready to spend 600€ on upgrades, I made him a nice i5, h81, 970, 8gb ram, 200r system but he is leaning towards an used i7 system, didn't remember which one, which gen, which GPU, nothing because its an i7 he can't wait a week for the parts to arrive

Sounds like your friend needs new friends. 970 on an H81? You know that's not a full speed PCIE 16X slot right?

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.

Sounds like your friend needs new friends. 970 on an H81? You know that's not a full speed PCIE 16X slot right?

No way in hell a 970 needs PCIe x16 ;)  Though I get what you're saying.

I don't do signatures.

My lil sis was once trying to put a USB into her laptop... Somehow she managed to fit it into the Ethernet port, after I explained to her that USB ports are slimmer than Ethernet she tried to jam the poor USB into the hdmi port! Couldn't help face palming in front of her. :D

Not sure about that though... According to https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Z87-H87-H81-Q87-Q85-B85---What-is-the-difference-473/ it does support a full PCIe 16x lane.  

I don't do signatures.

Yesterday I was working on a school project with my friend on her Macbook. I looked over her shoulder as she closed a Web page, and I saw her notes app open. Here are the names of some of her notes.

"all passwords"

"social security number"

"credit card numbers"

When I tried to explain to her how bad of a system this is, her response was "well, this is my personal laptop and there are not a lot of people who know the password, so no one will see it"

I facepalmed myself into the stratosphere before rattling off maybe a dozen ways how someone could destroy her life in 10 minutes.

I should mention that this girl is 18 and the #1 valedictorian in my school. One of the most book smart, least street smart people I have ever met.

my mom actually has done, does, and will do worse. 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

In this very thread

It is a 16X PCIE 2.0 link. Not a 3.0. That means it is PCIE 3.0 8X equivalent. In other words, garbage.

Honestly the only cards that might have a problem with 3.0 8x speeds are dual GPU cards.

That article is wrong

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_1150

It is a 16X PCIE 2.0 link. Not a 3.0. That means it is PCIE 3.0 8X equivalent. In other words, garbage.

Multi-card configs run at 8X each per card, if the CPU has 16 lanes. According to Linus' PCI-E lanes video, lanes don't really matter, it's only a 1 FPS difference

My lil sis was once trying to put a USB into her laptop... Somehow she managed to fit it into the Ethernet port, after I explained to her that USB ports are slimmer than Ethernet she tried to jam the poor USB into the hdmi port! Couldn't help face palming in front of her. :D

I'm going to need you to ask her to play with one of those shape matching toys, where you put the correct shaped shape into the correct shaped hole. Otherwise, you need to send her back to Kindergarten

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

It wont bottleneck it

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Lol :)

I'm going to need you to ask her to play with one of those shape matching toys, where you put the correct shaped shape into the correct shaped hole. Otherwise, you need to send her back to Kindergarten

Friend: "Why my computer is so damn slow?" 

Me: "Let me see." (Checking for virus and sh*t, came out clean)

*Checking RAM usage, it's 100% all the time.

Me: "Let me close this, this, this, bla bla bla"

Friend: "Why??? I use those!"

Me: "Your RAM is used completely (it's 4GB and he multitasks like hell), try closing those you don't need and check your computer's performance."

Friend: "The heck is RAM?? I don't care, I use those! Don't you dare closing it!"

Me: "Okay, it's up to you."

I was like:

Nwr3zAM_700wa_0.gif

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

This is exactly what I think when people seem unable to plug things in correctly into computers/tvs.

I know people that have a password or PIN to protect their mobile device, which they usually ask me to do for them, and then write the code inside the sleeve or case for when they forget it.

Other people insist that their PC is slow because they have a lot of photos or MP3s on their hard drive. When you go and look for it, they usually have under 10 gigs of files, but the PC is just like 10 years old. If you tell them that's the reason that it's slow, they will reply with "but it's a pentium!".

Friend: "Why my computer is so damn slow?" 

Me: "Let me see." (Checking for virus and sh*t, came out clean)

*Checking RAM usage, it's 100% all the time.

Me: "Let me close this, this, this, bla bla bla"

Friend: "Why??? I use those!"

Me: "Your RAM is used completely (it's 4GB and he multitasks like hell), try closing those you don't need and check your computer's performance."

Friend: "The heck is RAM?? I don't care, I use those! Don't you dare closing it!"

Me: "Okay, it's up to you."

Is he the sort of person who thinks that when you close something it goes away forever? The sort who doesn't believe in bookmarks and save files?

I know people that have a password or PIN to protect their mobile device, which they usually ask me to do for them, and then write the code inside the sleeve or case for when they forget it.

Other people insist that their PC is slow because they have a lot of photos or MP3s on their hard drive. When you go and look for it, they usually have under 10 gigs of files, but the PC is just like 10 years old. If you tell them that's the reason that it's slow, they will reply with "but it's a pentium!".

Yeaah, but it's a G3258 Pentium, biach /s

Is he the sort of person who thinks that when you close something it goes away forever? The sort who doesn't believe in bookmarks and save files?

*Looks at 60+ tabs open in Chrome* ... Well.. Not like it isn't understandable...  :wacko:

People thinking they can download RAM....

Really? So that guy on the deep web who told me to give him my credit card info in return for a download ram link was just lying? ....damn.....

Really? So that guy on the deep web who told me to give him my credit card info in return for a download ram link was just lying? ....damn.....

If I had a penny for every bad joke about downloading RAM in this thread I'd be Bill Gates.

If I had a penny for every bad joke about downloading RAM in this thread I'd be Bill Gates.

THAT, and gain a couple of bazillion more brain cells :P (this joke was about you being dumb incase you did not notice, you are welcome) :=)

My friend showed me his all in one PC which was sitting on his desk and asked me with a straight face if it could run crysis 3 and Black ops 2. PS: It has 4 gigs of ram