Experiences with non-techies

Think like this. If an image on a piece of paper is 2d and our world is 3d, then 5d would have 2 more dimensions.

2d = width x length

3d = width x length x height

5d = width x length x height x another dimension x another dimension

thankyou captain obious 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

My trip to the apple store....

I go and ask one of the apple "geniuses" where I can get an app on an iPad that tracks your hand like a stylus. His response: Uhh.... Not sure, I know it exists.... I think it has a brown app icon.

He then proceeds to search the app store for "brown"

"Genius" -.-

Just got home from a computer store. A guy build a really tight budget gaming pc with Corsair 600t. The components are crappy but he got LEDs working there. And I overheard he's going to water cool it. I think it's i3 something and gtx 640.

And this is the first time of my life I will recommend people to use mac.

Just got home from a computer store. A guy build a really tight budget gaming pc with Corsair 600t. The components are crappy but he got LEDs working there. And I overheard he's going to water cool it. I think it's i3 something and gtx 640.

Thats hilarious 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

A mac system with that spec would still cost around £1500. A budget build with a 600t that is quite funny.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

A guy from my school once sent me a message on skype asking where he could find the product key for windows on his laptop.

I was talking to him on skype for 10 or so minutes trying to get him to look at the bottom of his laptop to get the product key. I then asked him what he needed it for. And he said

"I'm installing a game and it's asking for my product key."

I tell him that no game will need his windows product key and ask him to send me a screenshot.  

I got the screenshot, he was installing Farming Simulator 2013 and it was asking for the game product key that was in the box.

I tell him to type in the product key that came in the box, you could here the box open, and about 5 seconds later he hung up...

hello

A guy from my school once sent me a message on skype asking where he could find the product key for windows on his laptop.

I was talking to him on skype for 10 or so minutes trying to get him to look at the bottom of his laptop to get the product key. I then asked him what he needed it for. And he said

I tell him that no game will need his windows product key and ask him to send me a screenshot.  

I got the screenshot, he was installing Farming Simulator 2013 and it was asking for the game product key that was in the box.

I tell him to type in the product key that came in the box, you could here the box open, and about 5 seconds later he hung up...

After reading this. #killedmywife

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

hold the boat, your tellin me that you talked to this guy for 10 minutes? 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

hold the boat, your tellin me that you talked to this guy for 10 minutes? 

Sadly... Me and my friend have spent a bunch of time a while back trying to get his gta 4 working to.

hello

So i'm out filming random ducks at a park with my new t3i, and this girl goes by and asks me what is that. I tell her its a t3i and that it does full 1080p and she pulls out her phone and says "this does 1080p just as well" and kept jogging...

I hate when people say that. My friend with a iPhone 5 said that his phone can take better video than my $350 camcorder -.-

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I hate when people say that. My friend with a iPhone 5 said that his phone can take better video than my $350 camcorder -.-

I have a 5d mark 2, multiple lower end movies have been shot with that camera so when someone points that question out I ask have you seen The Avengers. they say yes and then im like so your saying that your shitty little phone can match the quality of that film most of which was shot with a 5d mark 2. I then walk away dramatically

Listen if you care.

thankyou captain obious 

NNNNNMMMNMMMMMMMMDDMMMMMMNNDDDDDNDNMMMNNNDDDDNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDNDNDDNNNNN888DD8DDN

+NNNNNNMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNM8DDDDNDNNNNNNNNDDNNDNNNNNNMNNNNMNNNNNDDNNNDM8DD8D8DDN

,NMNMMNNDM8.MMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNDDDDNDNNDDDDMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMDNNNNMDDDDDD8Z8

NMMNMMMMN.  MNMMMMMMNDNNMMMNNND8NDNNNDDDMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMDDNDNMDDDDD8$$O

NNNNNMMMM,.MMMMMMMMNNNNMNMNNMNMDNDNNDDDDMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNDNDD8DD$O88

MMMMMMMMNNMNMNMMMMMNNMMMMMMMMMNNNDNNDDDDMMMMMMMD888DMMMMMMMMMMMMMDDNDN8$$7$$8DDO

MMMMMMMMMMMNNMMMMMMNMMMNOZO8ZMNNNDNND88DMMMMMDDDD8DD8NMMMMMMMMMMMDDDDDDDDDDD8DD8

NNNNNNMNNMNNNMMNOO$$MZ7$Z$IIINMDNDNNDDDDMMMMDNI?Z$D88DMMMMMMMMMMMDDDDNNNNNDDD8ND

:,~?$ODNMMMMMMMMMMD77ZD8ZZ8DZIDO8888888DD8$+7$O8O8DDDDD88DNNN888888DDDDDDDDDNNND

MMMNMMMMMMMMMNNN7IIZ8NND87OZ7IOIDDDDNNN+I$$O8M8Z$ZNMMNNNNNNNDNDDDDD88888OOOOOOO8

MMMMMMMMMMMMMOI7$Z7$OZ888777$$$DNNNNNN$?7O7IZ$?8IDMNMMMMMMMMNMNNNNDDDDDDDDNNDDDO

MMMMMMMMMMMM8?$$$$O8DND888$$$7$NNNNNNN$?ZNMMM8ZZ?77ZMMMMMMMMMMMMNMNNNMNNDNNNNND8

MMMMMMMMMMMM$I?MMDDDDD8M88OZZZ88NNNNNZI+OMMMMDZZI7$$MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNMNND7$O8DD

MMMMMMMMMMM87??88NNDNMMZN8OOOD8D$DDNN7I=NMMMMNZOO$$7NNMNMMMMMMMMMMNMNNMN88DDDDND

MMMMMNNDMMM$I?I8DD$DMNMN8ZO8888DOZZDZ7I=NNMMNNOOZ$O8ND8NMMMMMMMNMMMMMNNDDDDDDDDD

MMMMMMMMMM$$I+7$8$D8I8Z=$7I+=+$OINOD$7I+OOMMMMOZ$$ONDNNDNDM8MMMMMMNMMMM8DDNDDDDD

MMMMMMMMMZ$7I+7ODOZIO788O7I++=~~?O8O77I+ZNODMNDZ77ZDMMDN$Z$88OMNMNNMMNN8DDNDDDDD

MMMMMMMMO$$7I+Z7NDZD+N87+77=+=:+=DDO77I?IZZ$DZ$7778NNNND88?8DDDMMNNNMNO8DDNNDDDD

MMMMMMMNZ7$7I?IDNNOZDDIO$I?I~:~~++O877?I?OZZOZ$7788DDOZ$I77OOZZNNMMMM$ODNDDNNDDD

MM8O8888O$77?OZ8NMDON7O8Z+7O7=$ZO$ZMOZO$ZN8DO$$$$$$Z$7$$+ZIZOOZOMNMMO8DDNNDNNDDD

OOOOO8NDO88$Z+DMDD$O$OOO8DO8O8DD8OO8D8N$DN8DZZ$$ONNOOZD7?OZZOOOZMMNZ8DDDNNDNNDDD

88OOO8NM88878D8M8MDOZDOD8888DDDD888DND8$NI88ZOOZ8M8O8ONI7$OZZOOZND8DDDDDNN7$INDZ

888888DMMM8NDMMDDDZ+$ZD$888DNDDND8DNDMDDOOO8OO8O8DDD8DNOZMO8877$O$ZO8OOZ~$$ZOZDO

8888DDDNMMMMNMN887+=Z88D8O8ND8DNOOZZ$$OM788O8$DDDDDDDZ8ZZD8DO$$8ZZZ$DZD?II$OZZDD

D888DNDDD8NMMDDO~==ZZZDDDNNNNNDDD88OOOOODDDNDNNNNNNNND8N8OMOOZDOZZDM8M8O$$$77$77

D888DDDDDO8DNOO88DDDDNNNMMNNNNNNDD8O8888DMNNNNMNNNNNNNNMMDZM8ZONODMMMMNO$$$$$$77

DDDDDD87$OOOO8DDDDDDNNNMMMMNDNNDDD8888DNMMMNMMMNNNNNNNNNMMZZODDNMMDMMMMM$ZO8D888

DDDN7I7ZOOOOO8DD8DNNDDNMMNNNDNNNDDD8DDNMMMMNDDDMNNNNNNN8O888DNNNNNNMNDMMMMMMN8DD

NDDZ7O8O888DDD8DNNDDDNMMNNDNNNMNDDD8DNNMMMMNDDNMNNNNNNMM8DDDDNNNNNNNDDDDNMMMNDDN

Hint: Take a step back. Or ten.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Hint: Take a step back. Or ten

Is it meant to be fire or something

Listen if you care.

Hint: Take a step back. Or ten

Is it meant to be fire or something

I thought it was someone's middle finger

i remember after i built my parents an htpc trying to explain to them that when the computer was in sleep mode NOT to hit the reset button to wake it up... which was after i had to explain to them that you dont turn it on and off by switching off the psu... its almost as frustrating as teaching a cat to flush a toilet

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

In high school in my IT class our teacher had to teach us how to tern the computer on and how to start it up and stuff. she did it step by step and cause i rushed ahead cause i already lernt about it when i was like 6 i got a detention at lunch... i asked her why i got a detention and she sed for skipping ahead and i sed i already knew it and she sed would you like to teach the class then. and i sed yeah sure i would do a better job then you then she walked off xD

about 20 years ago give or take my mum had a part time job working for some place. the place had just got there first computers to work on instead of type writers. and my mum had been using a computer since she was like 5 so she had alread knew how to do every thing. but when they got the computers in all the people working for them had to take a basic IT corse to lern about it and cause my mum already knew about it she skiped ahead and she got fired cause of it. xD

Hahaha

My teacher explained step by step how to open a web page and how to send an Email, it drove me crazy.

And then he got mad at me, because I looked disinterested. "facepalm"

Then he gave me a sheet with a list of the newest OS's and the newest on the list was Windows XP.

So Windows 7 is from the future??

RTX2070OC 

The best one I've experienced is when people call any form of internet "wifi"

i had this happen to me today by someone and they said "can i get wifi without a router or internet" facepalm

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

I know somebody that had a dual-core and bought another dual-core in order to make their PC quad-core....

yzmsyb.jpg

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

In that case there is no excuse she should at least learn some basic problem solving...

Well, she has never had or used a computer before so i don't blame her

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I thought it was someone's middle finger

HIMYM "General Knowledge"

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS