Bigtime YouTuber, AngryJoe, says enough is enough with Nintendo

GoodBytes

The popular YouTuber "Angry Joe" (Joe Vargas), is a video game critic with reaching nearly 2 million subscribers, and has received 300 million views on his review videos. He has been known for his honest video game reviews, and critics on corporate decisions such as overpriced DLC, day 1 DLC on disk, new games with less features of the old one (Sports games), crappy games that get near perfect scores from big sites, and other controversies in the gaming world.

He also does Let's Plays which are just highlights clips segments of a game he plays with other people, including his fans for online multi-player games. Usually these turn up as reviews. So you can see his (or group of people) reactions of the game and later his review. And if you have no idea on the game, you can get an idea of what the game is.

With support of a group of fans, they donated him money to spent more than 900$ on a WiiU, games for the console and accessories, to cover Nintendo games.

Currently his 2 videos on Nintendo has been flag, preventing him of making ad revenue from them (and the games aren't listed on the Nintendo ridiculous (in my opinion), Creator Program, where Nintendo takes 40% cut).

Angry-Joe-Vargas.0.0.PNG

On Twitter, Angry Joe posted the following:

CBvA8FlUgAA3G-F.png

I hope @NintendoAmerica enjoyed the free ad revenue & coverage I generated for em. It will be my last Nintendo video.

He says that will not make any videos on Nintendo games, as he had enough for this.

He posted this following ~11 min video on teh situation

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/4/8344341/angry-joe-nintendo-takedown-mario-party

Added by me:

He says in the video:

I had more fun with the WiiU than I had with the XBox One and PlayStation 4 combined. And highly recommend the console.

Sadly, he explains he sadden with the situation and Nintendo of Japan draconian policy, where he can't recommend the console, and show how fun it is.

Stuff like this is so off-putting for video creators. There are many who have stopped posting Nintendo-related videos due all this stuff that they are doing.

It's silly the mindset that the higher up's at Nintendo has for doing stuff like this.

Nintendo is out of touch with the modern age. 

They come from the Inquisition Era.... They only care about executing the ones who stop paying them, and such happened with theyr 3DS line..

Groomlake Authority

Well I hate nintendo anyway so I don't really care but it's still a dick move considering they're going to lose even more of what little fan base they have left.

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

oh freaking well...Still always going to have a Nintendo box as long as they make them. 

Joe constantly battles youtube crap, not with Nintendo usually but he has had several claims. I actually think this is (sadly) the reason why he does a lot less angry reviews and focuses more on Twitch and such.

And yeah not much else to be said other than anybody who claims content is a fucking idiot and we should all be boycotting them. It's good that Joe boycotts Nintendo, TotalBisquit boycotts Sega, etc. We should all boycott them as well.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Nintendo is out of touch with the modern age. 

They know nothing of how to handle modern PR and to embrace the internet age and people like Angry Joe who could otherwise have a reach with audiences that Nintendo can only dream of. This stuff is free advertising at its finest. But nope, greedy corporations going to be greedy. 

Indeed they are out of touch. So far they've just dipped their toes into the whole idea of DLC. I don't think they're charging enough for the new smash bros characters (I think)

I don't think its only Nintendo whom don't realize or are too ignorant to realize the power of YouTube. It is indeed free advertising.

They're also very out of touch with the American market, There so many things wrong that I cant remember on 15 minutes of sleep but none the less it needs changing.

Woo Nintendo! The Ubisoft of the video flagging party!

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I'm pretty sure the amount of sales Nintendo would achieve through YouTubers like Angry Joe far outmatches 40% of the profit they would potentially make through their ad program.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Then you're to blame just as much as Nintendo.

Blame for what exactly? 

Joe's posted about this ever since his first flagged video for a Nintendo "lets play" he made. Dunno why Polygon decided to just now do a story on it.

But anyways, I'm close to unsubbing from Joe. Dude has no fucking idea what he's talking about half the time.

Blame for what exactly? 

For perpetuating an abusive system of copyright that will do nothing but take all of your favorite content away and not only that but it's also exploited to censor criticism: Nintendo it's ok to allow content as long as they follow their draconian rules that basically control anybody who might be critical of them with their custom partnership.

This is the entire point: Nintendo is affraid of people like Joe that will not automatically give them glowing reviews, they want to limit the content to just stupid fucking fanboys that are willing to give all their profits away and never say anything unkind about their products.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Joe's posted about this ever since his first flagged video for a Nintendo "lets play" he made. Dunno why Polygon decided to just now do a story on it.

But anyways, I'm close to unsubbing from Joe. Dude has no fucking idea what he's talking about half the time.

I disagree with you.

Also, this is new news. The Twitter and video was just released. And I watch Angry Joe.

I expected something like this to happen when I saw his Mario video first come up. Nothing is going to happen unless the offices in Japan realize that things are different outside of Japan.

I expected something like this to happen when I saw his Mario video first come up. Nothing is going to happen unless the offices in Japan realize that things are different outside of Japan.

I don't think Nintendo of Japan thinks anything outside Japan matters, they're the pinnacle of japanese xenophonic thinking.

-------

Current Rig

-------

For perpetuating an abusive system of copyright that will do nothing but take all of your favorite content away and not only that but it's also exploited to censor criticism: Nintendo it's ok to allow content as long as they follow their draconian rules that basically control anybody who might be critical of them with their custom partnership.

This is the entire point: Nintendo is affraid of people like Joe that will not automatically give them glowing reviews, they want to limit the content to just stupid fucking fanboys that are willing to give all their profits away and never say anything unkind about their products.

You care way to much about what goes on on You-Tube for some reason. Frankly I could care less what happens on that site so yeah, I am to blame for caring about other things that I find way more important. 

(and the games aren't listed on the Nintendo ridiculous (in my opinion), Creator Program, where Nintendo takes 40% cut).

My understanding is that is a white list, rather than a black list. Only games on that list are allowed to be posted as part of the Creator Program, and any others are off-limits for content creators entirely.

I disagree with you.

Also, this is new news. The Twitter and video was just released. And I watch Angry Joe.

He posted this two months ago: 

And I also follow him on Twitter and I remember him ranting about the whole Nintendo thing around that time. Nothing really new here other than his new video that's basically just reiterating what he implied with his explicit gestures and acted anger on the linked video in my post here, and what he previously said on Twitter around that time. Polygon did the story to get clicks off him, is my point.

And you disagree with me about him being wrong about things he talks about sometimes? He actually is wrong sometimes, if not, most of the time. I watch his streams and almost all of his Youtube content and he's getting to be annoying. One example is him explaining his new Area-51 PC, which now in the back of my mind I think he was given it by Alienware for that video he made - it made me cringe and I had to stop watching halfway through it, not because it was about Alienware but because he had no idea wtf he was talking about.

I've seen him play games with "other Joe" on Twitch and I always hear Angry Joe say something wrong, other Joe will correct him, Angry Joe insists he's right, etc. It reminds me of someone I know in person which makes it worse in my perspective.

You care way to much about what goes on on You-Tube for some reason. Frankly I could care less what happens on that site so yeah, I am to blame for caring about other things that I find way more important.

I care, because I seriously enjoy Nintendo games. And since my WiiU, I just don't see anything really interesting in the PC space. I got the WiiU much later than it was released, as I wanted to see what Microsoft and Sony had to offer, and well, consoles is always boring when they are released.

And so far, the WiiU has surpassed my PC game library on steam. Big ouch!

And I am not too happy with the direction that Nintendo is taken lately, and I think you should care as well, as Nintendo won't be there soon if it continues like this. Already sales in Europe are very weak, and North America it is getting there. They can't survive with only Japan.

I care, because I seriously enjoy Nintendo games. And since my WiiU, I just don't see anything really interesting in the PC space. I got the WiiU much later than it was released, as I wanted to see what Microsoft and Sony had to offer, and well, consoles is always boring when they are released.

And so far, the WiiU has surpassed my PC game library on steam. Big ouch!

And I am not too happy with the direction that Nintendo is taken lately, and I think you should care as well, as Nintendo won't be there soon if it continues like this. Already sales in Europe are very weak, and North America it is getting there. They can't survive with only Japan.

I get everything you are saying but as far as my opinion goes with gaming in general and especially about Nintendo...Just let me buy the games I want and I really don't care about your policies. I don't put a whole lot of thought into games. 

Ya Nintendo can go deep within the earth and burn in black flames... Releasing a "Special" 3DS so that my previus 3ds XL is complete mud and dirt....

Hey now, their pokemon 3DS XL was pretty awesome :P

But it's pretty shit what they've been doing, the worst part is that the people spent their time creating a video only to have it removed completely wasting their time.

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD