I'm going to sleep in a cold room tonight :(

VioDuskar

so, normally i sleep in my apartment that is very much like a dorm room. my PC is right by my bed.

however, tonight and for the next week i'll be staying at my dads. this means no nice fx-9590 room heating for a week.

my laptop will be my only heat source. i guess i better keep it close.

i'll leave Atmosk (my desktop) folding the whole week while i'm gone. so i know it will generate even more heat, which makes me even more jelly.

anyway. ITT we talk about leaving our computers and we miss them because humanity has developed a symbiotic companion for itself

also, we now treat computers like they are a fire, providing us warmth and light each night. (as well as food if you order pizza online)

TL:DR? WTF have we become humanity?

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

just burn some newspapers, will heat the room nicely.

/s

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

wat the fak...

I like to pretend central heating is an old outdated technology.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

I like to pretend central heating is an old outdated technology.

ok...

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

O-o! If you have a phone with a Snapdragon you can bake a cake on it, so you can also use it as a heat source :D

Groomlake Authority

we talk about leaving our computers and we miss them because humanity has developed a symbiotic companion for itself

..... What?

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

O-o! If you have a phone with a Snapdragon you can bake a cake on it, so you can also use it as a heat source :D

Sauce? I've never heard of this!

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

So....

Your just complaining unreasonably because you'll sleep in a cold room?

You'll be missing all your rigs,

So it's not because you can't afford electricity?

Is that some sort of AMD counter attack xp?

Groomlake Authority

So....

i could just turn the heat up at my dads, but my computer and i are kind of USB'd, ugh.... i mean attached to each other.

just complaining because i'll miss my battlestation.

Not gonna pretend I haven't ghetto heated my room before. Long nights of gaming with the heat off in the winter with only my GPU to keep me warm.

my laptop will be my only heat source.

My laptop with an AMD A4 (can't remember the specific chip) heated up my room more than my current rig does with a 4690k and a 980. So yeah...

Not gonna pretend I haven't ghetto heated my room before. Long nights of gaming with the heat off in the winter with only my GPU to keep me warm.

for a short while i lived in a trailer, which had no heating whatso ever. i dreaded going to sleep because i meant i have to leave my warm 75F computer room to go to my 28F bedroom.

being broke as hell sucked, but it having a good computer helped a bit.

I sleep in a room in canada with no heat thoughout winter...you know nothing.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

My laptop with an AMD A4 (can't remember the specific chip) heated up my room more than my current rig does with a 4690k and a 980. So yeah...

um, yeah... that's not scientifically possible.  :huh:

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Nah. Tegra 3 was way hotter i bet. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

So....

I believe he just wanted to lay down that clever 9590 joke, you get it it's a very hot chip (though lower than even Nvidia flagship tdps though) So let's just clap at the fresh joke we never heard before!

-------

Current Rig

-------

I believe he just wanted to lay down that clever 9590 joke, you get it it's a very hot chip (though lower than even Nvidia flagship tdps though) So let's just clap at the fresh joke we never heard before!

the joke is that i can't be the only one using a desktop for room heat.

um, yeah... that's not scientifically possible.  :huh:

Trust me, it is.