Ubisoft finally stop digging, Pirates claim AC Rogue is a brilliant port

Master Disaster

So yeah, obviously i cannot link to a source as there isn't one however one thing i generally do a lot before buying a game is hit the torrent websites and look at comments about how games run. AC Rogue leaked on Friday night so i gave it a few hours and hit KAT this morning in order to check out how the game is running and i have to say, the general consensus is AC Rogue is an almost perfect port.

Users with 560TIs reporting constant 60FPS on almost max settings, one guy claims his R9 280X is able to run the game on maximum (including Nvidia settings too) at over 100FPS, he claims he has to enable V Sync and throttle back to 60 because the game tears so badly.

My question is this, how come its taken so much shit fired at Ubisoft before they get their act together? I mean Rogue is based on BF which to this day runs like a POS on my 280X so how come they managed to get Rogue running so well?

Obviously pirates are not the most trustworthy of a group however pretty much every single comment on Rogue is about how well it runs.

Lets hope Ubisoft can work the same magic for the next gen AC at the end of the year. Anyway i preordered Rogue just a moment ago, can't wait to play it on Tuesday :)

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Their excuse for Unity was that because they were trying out a new engine. If Rogue actually works properly (which is based on the older engine) then their unity excuse might actually be valid

Well They were using Unity engine.

If that's their excuse, they're fucking dumb.  They should foreseen as Unity has known issues.

Rogue I look forward too,... Unity on Launch.... much stress was had! Talk about rage inducing.

If that's their excuse, they're fucking dumb.  They should foreseen as Unity has known issues.

AC:Unity does not use the Unity engine.

The downfall with AC:UNITY, they issued MANY MANY drawcalls, too many for DX11 to handle, hence the tanking performance.

The game (in its current state, maybe different later) is issuing approximately 50,000 draw calls on the DirectX 11 API. Problem is, DX11 is only equipped to handle ~10,000 peak draw calls. What happens after that is a severe bottleneck with most draw calls culled or incorrectly rendered, resulting in texture/NPCs popping all over the place. On the other hand, consoles have to-the-metal access and almost non-existent API Overhead but significantly underpowered hardware which is not able to cope with the stress of the multitude of polygons. Simply put, its a very very bad port for the PC Platform and an unoptimized (some would even go as far as saying, unfinished) title on the consoles.

http://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/Ubisoft-Responds-Low-Frame-Rates-Assassins-Creed-Unity

Scroll down to Update 3 for source.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

How do they churn out so many AC games? Feels like a new one has come out every few months for the last year. I haven't played one since AC2 on PS3.

It'd be nice if the next one runs so well though.

CPU: i7-4790K --- HEATSINK: NZXT Kraken X61 --- MOBO: Asus Z97-A --- GPU: GTX 970 Strix --- RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG --- SSD: 512GB MX100 | 256GB BX200 HDD: 1TB WD Black --- PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 --- CASE: NZXT H440 --- DISPLAY3 x Dell U2414H --- KEYBOARD: Pok3r (Clears) --- MOUSE: Logitech G Pro --- OS: Windows 10

It mentions nothing of how it looks graphically so I won't believe Ubi**** has done anything right til I see it myself and hear some real reviews.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Yeah I heard the games story was pretty good, and will look forward to getting it as I'm skipping unity and probable the next one too. As far as BF performance it took my 2 gtx 680's to cap it at 60fps with full PhysX enabled.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

Fine.

But it still may contain a crapload of many bugs. AC4 ran fine on my system, not brilliant, but fine, and I still got frustrated becuase of the general UI bugs - running in the wrong direction, buttons simply failing to work, AI being stupidly buggy (saw an AI teleport from a balcony to a roof after failing to find a way to climb up there to "check it out" because I fired my guns, for example).

I'm going to wait until one of my friends pirates it after the actual release to find out for myself. I take any "good" news about Ubisoft with a grain of salt.

Btw OP your avatar made me lol. That is fucking hilarious.

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

There is already a new AC? wtf!! isn't unity only pretty recent?!

When you said Unity engine are you referring to Unity3D engine? You know the one that plagues Steam Greenlight?

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

There is already a new AC? wtf!! isn't unity only pretty recent?!

Rogue came out on consoles last year, this is just a PC port of it coming this year.

EDIT: @spenser_l

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

I really hope Ubisoft cleans up their act, if only to never hear the fucking word 'digging' again.

Rogue came out on consoles last year, this is just a PC port of it coming this year.

But didn't unity only come out last year? how do they release 2 games in one year wtf? money milking much?

How can you dig when you've already hit rock bottom?

you get out the fucking drill of death

-snip-

well, with this very original machine nobody else every thought of, it will be excellent at digging and is way better then the competition.

(insert sarcasm wherever you like)

11437.jpg

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

But didn't unity only come out last year? how do they release 2 games in one year wtf? money milking much?

Yes two AC games did released last year.

Unity (2014) is exclusive for PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Rogue (2014) is exclusive for PS3, Xbox 360 and now PC (2015).

They are made by different studios btw.

Unity was released on XB1, PS4 & PC, Rogue was released on PS3 and XB360 but the PC brigade started a petition to bring it to PC and Ubisoft relented.

It don't think it was entirely down to money however it would be naive to say it wasn't a consideration.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

If that's their excuse, they're fucking dumb. They should foreseen as Unity has known issues.

They're using Ubisoft's "AnvilNext" engine.

Isn't rogue supposed to be inherently less demanding than unity? It was made for last gen consoles after all.

Rogue I look forward too,... Unity on Launch.... much stress was had! Talk about rage inducing.

AC:Unity does not use the Unity engine.

The downfall with AC:UNITY, they issued MANY MANY drawcalls, too many for DX11 to handle, hence the tanking performance.

The game (in its current state, maybe different later) is issuing approximately 50,000 draw calls on the DirectX 11 API. Problem is, DX11 is only equipped to handle ~10,000 peak draw calls. What happens after that is a severe bottleneck with most draw calls culled or incorrectly rendered, resulting in texture/NPCs popping all over the place. On the other hand, consoles have to-the-metal access and almost non-existent API Overhead but significantly underpowered hardware which is not able to cope with the stress of the multitude of polygons. Simply put, its a very very bad port for the PC Platform and an unoptimized (some would even go as far as saying, unfinished) title on the consoles.

http://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/Ubisoft-Responds-Low-Frame-Rates-Assassins-Creed-Unity

Scroll down to Update 3 for source.

Now that is just stupid.. That would be like ferrari building a car that can do 250kmh, but putting tyres on that explode at 100.

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

Now that is just stupid.. That would be like ferrari building a car that can do 250kmh, but putting tyres on that explode at 100.

Yet they did :(

I'd like to see something put in place so publishers/people who rush the devs to launch get fined/punished.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz