Ubisoft finally stop digging, Pirates claim AC Rogue is a brilliant port

Master Disaster

No shit? It's using the Black Flag engine, that game ran just fine, it's visually and technically worse than Unity.

They didn't do shit.

someone has forgotten all the issues at launch. it was basically broken for a week. and didn't run smoothly for 3

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Unity just came out (like 4 months ago)...there's already a new AC? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

How do they churn out so many AC games? Feels like a new one has come out every few months for the last year. I haven't played one since AC2 on PS3.

It'd be nice if the next one runs so well though.

Yearly release cycle hides the fact that each game goes through a 3-year development cycle. The AC game being released later this year (probably) has been in development for over two already. 

Rogue was announced along with Unity and isn't a main title, more of a spin-off. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

A big part of me still thinks this will happen:

"Oh....so now that we have the version with fucking DRM it destroy performance....that's why I needed 8 cores and 16gb of ram Ubi?"

-------

Current Rig

-------

People: Hey Ubi! What time it is?

Ubi: Time to buy a new AssCreed of course!

-------

Current Rig

-------

ACU and AC Rg released on the same day for Next gen and old gen ,but AC Rogue was not released of PC at the same time 

KuoOnp7.jpg

People: Hey Ubi! What time it is?

Ubi: Time to buy a new AssCreed of course!

so much misinformation 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Rogue runs pretty damn well.

Has a 62FPS cap without Vsync, and my R9-290 is using 47-50% of my GPU to get to the 62FPS limit.

Meaning that even the 270X can max this game out at 1080p.

Also tested 3200x1800, 70-90% of the 290X used for Vsync 60FPS.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

someone has forgotten all the issues at launch. it was basically broken for a week. and didn't run smoothly for 3

I don't even remember, it certainly wasn't the Unity shitfest otherwise i'd remember, it ran perfectly smoothly for me and i didn't experience any bugs, i had a 680 and 2500k at the time.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

*cough* can confirm *cough*

Yarr.

Xeon E3-1231-v3 // 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro // Asus Z97AR // XFX RX 480 GTR

Now what settings did they disable or remove for the pic version?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

How do they churn out so many AC games? Feels like a new one has come out every few months for the last year. I haven't played one since AC2 on PS3.

It'd be nice if the next one runs so well though.

Different studios develope different games. 

AC:U was developed by Ubisoft Montreal

AC: Rogue developed by Ubisoft Sofia (they are just 2km from my current apartament ^^, should i go there and burn the office?)

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

Ubisoft didnt stop shet,the AC Rogue is a shet game,done by different studio than the other,the graphics and quality is quite low,and they probably used a different engine or just dumbed down settings.

Anyway its a shet game and franchise avoid it like cancer.

Rogue I look forward too,... Unity on Launch.... much stress was had! Talk about rage inducing.

AC:Unity does not use the Unity engine.

The downfall with AC:UNITY, they issued MANY MANY drawcalls, too many for DX11 to handle, hence the tanking performance.

The game (in its current state, maybe different later) is issuing approximately 50,000 draw calls on the DirectX 11 API. Problem is, DX11 is only equipped to handle ~10,000 peak draw calls. What happens after that is a severe bottleneck with most draw calls culled or incorrectly rendered, resulting in texture/NPCs popping all over the place. On the other hand, consoles have to-the-metal access and almost non-existent API Overhead but significantly underpowered hardware which is not able to cope with the stress of the multitude of polygons. Simply put, its a very very bad port for the PC Platform and an unoptimized (some would even go as far as saying, unfinished) title on the consoles.

http://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/Ubisoft-Responds-Low-Frame-Rates-Assassins-Creed-Unity

Scroll down to Update 3 for source.

Sorry, was drunk

The game is made for PS3/Xbox 360. It's also inferior to Black Flag. Not a brilliant port at all. It's simply less demanding. That's why you can run it at 60 fps so easily. 

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

The game is made for PS3/Xbox 360. It's also inferior to Black Flag. Not a brilliant port at all. It's simply less demanding. That's why you can run it at 60 fps so easily. 

Woo someone has a brain here.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Didn't realise they ported it until now. Have been playing it on PC a little. Runs well but the story is a bit meh so far.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15