Windows 10 or Windows "AI" 11

Looking forward to Copilot "AI" in Windows 11?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Does the copilot stuff make you want to use Windows 11?

• Yes
    • No
    • Already use Windows 11, Love Copilot
    • Already use Windows 11, Hate Copilot
    • Already use Windows 11, Dont use Copilot
    • Going back to Windows 10
    • Wont be "upgrading"
    • Plan to "upgrade"
    • Moving to Linux or already use
    • Moving to MacOS or already use
  2. 2. Is "AI" or Copilot something you care about your computer being able to do?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
    • Don't see the point
    • Will give it a try

Hi All

I just finished watching today's episode of Techlinked and with all the "AI" stuff Microsoft is putting into the Windows 11 OS made me wonder if you are looking forward to the "AI" stuff in windows 11 and newer stuff coming with the new hardware built into new devices.

Personally i look at this stuff Microsoft is bolting to Windows and wonder if we will end up with 2 versions of Windows at some point the version with all the "AI" Copilot shit and one without it.

I have no interest in anything to do with "AI" or Copilot built into anything let alone Windows but i am just a simple gamer when it comes to my Windows computer and see that stuff just taking up un-necessary space and making Windows more likely to crash.

I just want my computer to play my games not mine everything i do and say to teach it to become a better "AI"

"I just want milk that tastes like real milk".

Feel free to tell me why I'm wrong and why all this "AI" Copilot shit will be great but i just don't think its for me.

If I cared about AI stuff, I'd download it separately. AFAIK there's nothing Copilot does that makes it necessary to integrate into the OS itself. 

Only reason I'm using Win11 is that I'm on 13th gen an the upgraded scheduler is worth it, if it weren't for that I'd stick to 10 until it lost support. 

As long as in a production environment I can disable Co-pilot. 

Co-Pilot for security looks neat! 

Daily Drives 

Windows 11 + Mac Soma + Mint Linux + Ubuntu MATE 

HomeLab

Proxmox + OPNsense + TrueNAS + Zabbix + Debian + win Svr 2022 + win10 + Home Assistant + iventoy + plus other junk  and like 12 dockers! 

Home Network

Unifi  - Express, flex, 8 port POE, Ap's other switches 

Its just more bloatware.

If I want to use an LLM or some thing I'll go and instal or use the web version.

Copilot isnt even allowed to basically do anything as it is a legit security risk and then some.

Many orgs i support are waiting for the ltsc version of 11 with the specific promise that there is NO ai software ever available by default due to MASSIVE data breach issues that can cause.

I always find it funny when i see ads from Microsoft about how X Windows is the safest version ever yet they repeatedly have had major security breaches in the last few years.

Then come out with the "AI" stuff that just seems like it can in no way be safe or protect peoples privacy but don't worry its the safest EVER!!!

I miss Windows 7

My main problem with windows 11 is the spyware. I've used Linux for almost a year, but my main problems were discord sound streaming, some games not working (like roblox, on which i only wanted to play doors), and the fact that the 360Hz looked just less smooth than on windows. Though i wouldn't switch back to windows, if my friend didn't show me reviOS, which seems to remove most if not all of the spyware, as well as some quality of life improvements

27 minutes ago, joshfrog said:

I always find it funny when i see ads from Microsoft about how X Windows is the safest version ever yet they repeatedly have had major security breaches in the last few years.

Then come out with the "AI" stuff that just seems like it can in no way be safe or protect peoples privacy but don't worry its the safest EVER!!!

I miss Windows 7

"trust me bro Windows 22 is safe from security issues"

"Windows 22? why not have the previous versions have good security?"

image.png.fc8b55e0717b22e44b49b14ecd3571e9.png

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

current PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

1. Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050
  2. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050
  3. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

Just recently migrated from Win 10 to 11, and while I put "yes" on the second poll, I do not use Copilot at all for my AI needs, I do not trust sending my data to online AI services, especially not Big Tech, instead I solely use locally installed AI apps. For image generation, Stable Diffusion (+ComfyUI interface) got me covered, and for LLMs, GPT4All.

Noelle best girl

PC specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 V2 64.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard, BIOS P4.60
Memory: ADATA XPG 32GB GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: HP EX900 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, PNY CS900 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Colorful iGame RTX 4060 Ti 16GB
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Monitor: Acer QG240Y S3 24.0" 1920 x 1080 180Hz Monitor

3 hours ago, podkall said:

"trust me bro Windows 22 is safe from security issues"

Man can you imagine what Windows 22 would be like n how much garbage would be in it at the rate Microsoft is adding from Windows 10 to Windows 11. FUCK ME! 
It would be 1% an operating system 110% ad trash spyware 

23 minutes ago, joshfrog said:

Man can you imagine what Windows 22 would be like n how much garbage would be in it at the rate Microsoft is adding from Windows 10 to Windows 11. FUCK ME! 
It would be 1% an operating system 110% ad trash spyware 

maybe not, remember how old PCs barely could play Solitaire and now you're running at least 30 services just for Windows to work and another 30 for whatever reason, another 30 background apps sitting because some of them are like Windows Serach or Indexer, and another 20 background apps you installed + the main 5 apps running.

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

current PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

1. Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050
  2. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050
  3. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

Bloatware and Ads....

More unneccesary and intrusive functions put on enabled as default (just look at Bitlocker news in 24h2).

Windows 7 was smooth and stable.