Controversial shooter Hatred goes to Greenlight UPDATE: Its been removed!

XTankSlayerX

read the steam comments and got to agree with a few(quote's) im interested in how this ends, give it my support.

Support this game not because of the message, but to support freedom of art.

this, because devs should be able to make what they want(and have time to finish it)

(got posted multiple times)

Gotta appreciate Devs still having the testicular fortitude required to develop, market and sell software that is guaranteed to ruffle so many SJW feathers it'll look like the world's biggest lawnmower smashed into a pillow factory come release day..

Especially considering the "discussions" of late concerning feminism, excessive violence and succesful banning attempts that reignite those book-burning glorydays. Regarding the game itself, it has guilty pleasure written all over it, and I can't wait to melodramatically monologue along with the protagonist as I spread anarachy and bodyparts. God I love games :D

speaks for it's self mostly.

Voted and buying because it gets all the SJWs losers annoyed. Maybe their curators will feature this game? >D

now that's a thing to do for curators.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Upvoted as soon as it appeared in the store. Screw controversy! It's a game! Where you can be empowered by the idea of being this badass dude and participating in senseless killing, but with an actual reason, having a character so twisted up that you clearly understand the purpose. It's a game to play for a while, chill off, laugh internally and then return being yourself; just the way many games are supposed to be.

UPDATE 15/12/2014 7.14pm Valve has removed Hatred from Steam Greenlight.

"Based on what we've see on Greenlight we would not publish Hatred on Steam. As such we'll be taking it down," Valve's Doug Lombardi told Eurogamer moments ago.

"Based on what we've see on Greenlight we would not publish Hatred on Steam. As such we'll be taking it down," Valve's Doug Lombardi told Eurogamer moments ago.

Valve are a fucking joke, they allow tons of shitty Early Access games which end up scamming people, they then refuse to refund the people who buy them, yet a game which is controversial ACCORDING TO SOME PEOPLE, A PORTION OF PEOPLE, isn't allowed when it looks pretty polished, uses Unreal Engine 4, Nvidia PhysX, and overall looks nice.

Fucking assholes.

Fuck you Doug Lombardi and whoever works for you.

Seriously, this is like that GTA 5 bullshit in Australia, a bunch of stupid people gather some signatures and prevent the vast majority from purchasing the game, because they misrepresented it and didn't enjoy it themselves.

Valve bending the knee to some whiny cunts too, some people showed contempt for the game, so now Steam customers can't get their hands on the game, and they had no say in it.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

I guess that's more in line with Valve and the people who whined and demonized the game?

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Early? What is that supposed to mean? What is too early?

Why do you hate the game when you haven't played it yet?

Do you also hate GTA 5 or any other game that lets you shoot people?

I just think it looks too violent and brutal. Its ok though, some people will like it.

This game looks like its made only to kill people and crush skulls which I find tasteless. It doesn't seem to be joking about it.

Like I said, ill still try it a bit, I might be wrong but the trailer wasn't reinforcing a legitimate reason for all that senseless killing to happen.

Early as in too early to do a game that is trying to be a serious representation of a murderer/killer, unlike GTA. GTA always has a satirical/joke angle/spin on everything that happens.

I think developper that do these violent things just to be violent have problems. Its just my opinion.

I mean, we heard about maniacs killing people in theaters way too often these past few years. I just think it is wrong.

I just think it looks too violent and brutal. Its ok though, some people will like it.

This game looks like its made only to kill people and crush skulls which I find tasteless. It doesn't seem to be joking about it.

Like I said, ill still try it a bit, I might be wrong but the trailer wasn't reinforcing a legitimate reason for all that senseless killing to happen.

Early as in too early to do a game that is trying to be a serious representation of a murderer/killer, unlike GTA. GTA always has a satirical/joke angle/spin on everything that happens.

I think developper that do these violent things just to be violent have problems. Its just my opinion.

I mean, we heard about maniacs killing people in theaters way too often these past few years. I just think it is wrong.

You can't even use proper grammar then you jump the bridge and start making Psychiatric diagnosis to people you've never met, while making a distasteful generalization at the same time?

No you don't get to fucking say something like that then end it with "It's just my opinion.".

Oh so when there's a reason for the killing then it's fine? You're one of those people who'll say that pedestrian rampages in GTA 5 is fine because the game has some humor, good characters and a good story?

You know what's more disturbing? It's you thinking that having a "reason" for mass murdering people somehow makes it okay.

If you can't separate pixels from the real world, don't fucking paint everyone else the same way.

No one gives a rats ass about what you think, does this game portray any real people? No, it doesn't. 

Does this game portray real events? No, it doesn't.

Is this fucking game literally coming out the day after a mass shooting? No, it isn't.

Your feelings and sensibilities aren't an argument, do you understand that? You don't get to decide what is "right" or "wrong".

It's a fucking video game about senseless, gratuitous violence, just like Call of Duty, so wait, shooting at other armed men makes it fine for you?

What a damn hypocrite, and this time i'll excuse myself for the language, but i've seen too many idiots like you since this game appeared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiL_68EpMNY

Look a nice little video for you to watch.

You can't even use proper grammar then you jump the bridge and start making Psychiatric diagnosis to people you've never met, while making a distasteful generalization at the same time?

No you don't get to fucking say something like that then end it with "It's just my opinion.".

Oh so when there's a reason for the killing then it's fine? You're one of those people who'll say that pedestrian rampages in GTA 5 is fine because the game has some humor, good characters and a good story?

You know what's more disturbing? It's you thinking that having a "reason" for mass murdering people somehow makes it okay.

If you can't separate pixels from the real world, don't fucking paint everyone else the same way.

No one gives a rats ass about what you think, does this game portray any real people? No, it doesn't. 

Does this game portray real events? No, it doesn't.

Is this fucking game literally coming out the day after a mass shooting? No, it isn't.

Your feelings and sensibilities aren't an argument, do you understand that? You don't get to decide what is "right" or "wrong".

It's a fucking video game about senseless, gratuitous violence, just like Call of Duty, so wait, shooting at other armed men makes it fine for you?

What a damn hypocrite, and this time i'll excuse myself for the language, but i've seen too many idiots like you since this game appeared.

Look a nice little video for you to watch.

Why do you bring grammar in your post? What is the point?

Yes for me GTA is different because humour is a way to talk about difficult subjets. I am not saying the matter in itself is funny, just the way they bring it to us.

I think you need to calm down. I am sorry you don't like my opinion. You don't seem to understand that my opinions decide what I think is wrong or not. You can't enforce your opinion on me. I never tried to enforce mine on yours.

You are telling me my feeling don't mean jack shit to you or anyone else. Maybe its true, but I still feel some people will feel the same way. You might not agree but in the end it doesn't matter. The majority will win. If more people think it is a good idea for a game, it will succeed, otherwise it won't.

An opinion is based on experience, feelings, logic or not all together.

Now please, go rage somewhere else. I am not raging here and I am not insulting your opinion.

I agree that calling out he developper the way I did was wrong, I just don't think they had the idea of the century by making that game.

I won't tolerate another quote trying to tell me that what I think is wrong or not, you are not the law here state your opinion and leave it at that.

Yes for me GTA is different because humour is a way to talk about difficult subjets. I am not saying the matter in itself is funny, just the way they bring it to us.

I think you need to calm down. I am sorry you don't like my opinion. You don't seem to understand that my opinions decide what I think is wrong or not. You can't enforce your opinion on me. I never tried to enforce mine on yours.

You are telling me my feeling don't mean jack shit to you or anyone else. Maybe its true, but I still feel some people will feel the same way. You might not agree but in the end it doesn't matter. The majority will win. If more people think it is a good idea for a game, it will succeed, otherwise it won't.

Now please, go rage somewhere else. I am not raging here and I am not insulting your opinion.

I agree that calling out he developper the way I did was wrong, I just don't think they had the idea of the century by making that game.

I won't tolerate another quote trying to tell me that what I think is wrong or not, you are not the law here state your opinion and leave it at that.

Nope i'm not the law, i'm just someone getting you out of your comfort zone and pointing out that you're a hypocrite and an idiot for holding opinions like that. I'm not forcing you do to shit, i'm calling you out.

Amazing how predictable you are, yep yep, it's fine in GTA because of the delivery ahahaha.

Some people can't do that, some people lack the ability and/or the insight to be able to allow others an opinion.  It's very telling of ones maturity when they can't allow subjective material to be subjectively appraised.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I guess that's more in line with Valve and the people who whined and demonized the game?

Spoof or not, it's a neat idea. :lol: I'd play something like that long before Hatred.

I repeat, meh.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

We need games that kill Jews, Islamic extremists behead westerners and white cops shoot dead black guys. 

It's just games.

We need games that kill Jews, Islamic extremists behead westerners and white cops shoot dead black guys. 

It's just games.

Apparently, it'd get lots of support on principle alone, so why not? :huh:

It kind of condenses GTA, nothing much.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Just get it on GOG, it's by a Polish dev, they'll support the shit out of each other.

Steam is getting a little too "dictatory" as the go-to solution for PC gaming lately...

You don't need to waste your breath defending an OPINION about SUBJECTIVE MATERIAL to someone who doesn't understand that the game is SUBJECTIVE MATERIAL to all players.

Let's be real, judging by the dev's own comments about the game, the point of it was just to rustle some feathers and maybe get some cash while doing it. I wouldn't necessarily call that "artistic" unless deliberately antagonizing news outlets over gaming controversy counts as "art". I guess Ubi releasing AC:U as a glitchy mess was also art? hm... I wonder if anyone here would defend that one xD

Whatever, some people like it, some hate it. In the end, who gives a shit? People who like the game will play it, those who aren't interested won't be interested.

Git Gud.

Mass murder in a game? Sounds like GTA V. But that was fucking allowed! BS part of Steam.

I'm kind of torn with this game.
I mean, on one hand it's a pretty sick premise. Especially since you're shooting largely unarmed civilians and they're crying for their lives.

However...how many of us haven't played GTA countless times, shooting civilians to get the cops after us, so that we can shoot at them?

It's not too far removed from that.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

So if I am understanding this properly...

You can have GTA which basically allows you to become Hitler and kill anything and everything you want. You can have Just Cause 2 which is entirely built upon blowing up and killing EVERYTHING on screen. You have Battlefield which glorifies war so much that we've gotten a great engine and hilarious jihad-jeep montages out of it. 

Yet a game like this is too far and offends too many people? What? What in the name of what? 

I thought Valve had a bigger backbone than this. Why don't we take out every R rated movie as well? Cause that shit gets pretty violent and disturbing as well. How about banning adult books? Some of that stuff gets unnervingly disturbing. Lets can the 6pm news, cause they'll show pretty horrific things too. Fuck it, lets just ban the internet.

Better safe than sorry, am I right? 

So if I am understanding this properly...

You can have GTA which basically allows you to become Hitler and kill anything and everything you want. You can have Just Cause 2 which is entirely built upon blowing up and killing EVERYTHING on screen. You have Battlefield which glorifies war so much that we've gotten a great engine and hilarious jihad-jeep montages out of it. 

Yet a game like this is too far and offends too many people? What? What in the name of what? 

I thought Valve had a bigger backbone than this. Why don't we take out every R rated movie as well? Cause that shit gets pretty violent and disturbing as well. How about banning adult books? Some of that stuff gets unnervingly disturbing. Lets can the 6pm news, cause they'll show pretty horrific things too. Fuck it, lets just ban the internet.

Better safe than sorry, am I right? 

cad-20141020-72987.png

I don't honestly believe that removal will remove spotlight. Though, it certainly won't sell like GTA.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

The developers of Hatred have even said explicitly that they are trying to highlight how violent other modern games are.  But because of the context of the story those games are okay and this one isn't.  Every AAA game in the last few years has brutal "Press E to stealth kill/takedown" moves, but in Hatred you kill police men not PMC men so it's bad and shouldn't be made.

The sad part in all this to me is that gamers are the ones doing this and not Jack Thompson or Joe Lieberman.  Soccer Moms and Politicians don't need to get involved when the gaming media and our digital storefronts are happy to tell us what games are okay for us to buy.  They're happy to sell broken games that don't work and not offer refunds, but something that offends their moral sensibilities won't be allowed even when it is successfully going through the very process they set up to determine which games get published on their store because they "didn't want to be curators".

I'll be buying Hatred out of spite for the whole "violence in video games" debate.  Either everything is acceptable or none of it is is true of comedy, and I think that holds true for video games as well.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

The developers of Hatred have even said explicitly that they are trying to highlight how violent other modern games are.  But because of the context of the story those games are okay and this one isn't.  Every AAA game in the last few years has brutal "Press E to stealth kill/takedown" moves, but in Hatred you kill police men not PMC men so it's bad and shouldn't be made.

The sad part in all this to me is that gamers are the ones doing this and not Jack Thompson or Joe Lieberman.  Soccer Moms and Politicians don't need to get involved when the gaming media and our digital storefronts are happy to tell us what games are okay for us to buy.  They're happy to sell broken games that don't work and not offer refunds, but something that offends their moral sensibilities won't be allowed even when it is successfully going through the very process they set up to determine which games get published on their store because they "didn't want to be curators".

I'll be buying Hatred out of spite for the whole "violence in video games" debate.  Either everything is acceptable or none of it is is true of comedy, and I think that holds true for video games as well.

Who needs Jack Thompson when we've fostered a culture where people are overly politically correct and honestly believe that their sensibilities and feelings are above others and above freedom of speech or freedom of expression.

I was disgusted to see how many GAMERS were using a slippery slope argument with video game/real life violence.

I wonder if we can just compress the whole "controversy" down to "Some people cannot distinguish between reality and fiction", I seriously do.