Controversial shooter Hatred goes to Greenlight UPDATE: Its been removed!

XTankSlayerX

hatred.jpg

Update

Valve has removed Hatred from Steam Greenlight.

"Based on what we've seen on Greenlight we would not publish Hatred on Steam. As such we'll be taking it down," Valve's Doug Lombardi told Eurogamer moments ago.

That didn't take long.

Original Story

The game was revealed earlier this year and raised eyebrows for its nihilistic content, focus on mass murder and the fact that some of Destructive’s development staff seemed to endorse anti-immigration groups in Poland.

Blurb from the game's official website:
Hatred is an isometric shooter with disturbing atmosphere of mass killing, where player takes the role of a cold blood antagonist, who is full of hatred for humanity. It’s a horror, but here YOU are the villain. Wander the outskirts of New York State, seek for victims on seven free-roam levels. Fight against law enforcement and take a journey into the antagonist’s hateful mind. Gather equipment of the dead ‘human shields’ to spread Armageddon upon society. Destroy everything on your way of hunt and fight back when it’s disturbed…

Source:http://www.vg247.com/2014/12/15/controversial-shooter-hatred-goes-to-greenlight-with-new-teaser-trailer/

I don't really know much about this game, but i don't think there's that big of a issue. We will always have that one giy who takes to video games before he takes them to the real world. Can't wait for all the Ruckus (R700 AP) about this game when it drops

UPDATE: Haha, knew it, i was wondering if valve would remove it or not. Regardless the game is till going to sell. Even if they put it up on their own website. All the PR its been getting has only made this game bigger.

That's not how you use nihilistic. Personal input? Is this really news?

Regardless its still very interesting to see the game on Steam Greenlight. all we can do now Is wait and see how this goes.

I hate it.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Hmm trailer didn't tell us much it iI get the feeling it's not as negative focused as it claims to be.

Take another top down shooter and reverse roll the character and enemies = this game

It's going to need more than shooting cops to be a uh..evil hate game?

It offers a different perspective which can be a good thing. As much as I like "saving the world", it has become a cliche and thus, boring and there is really no need to take a game too seriously, it's just a game after all, not a news report or a plan to destroy humanity.

So this game is just going to bring more hate to the community. However unwarranted. I will not be playing this game, but I know people who will.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

So this game is just going to bring more hate to the community. However unwarranted. I will not be playing this game, but I know people who will.

That was my first thought too. The community seems to be struggling enough with just GTA, throwing this in the mix will not help calm the naysayers.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

That was my first thought too. The community seems to be struggling enough with just GTA, throwing this in the mix will not help calm the naysayers.

... Or will it? Perhaps it will take a bit of heat off GTA since it's much worse. That would be nice. GTA V is a brilliant game and doesn't deserve the hate it gets. This game, however, is stupid and deserves all the hate it gets.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

... Or will it? Perhaps it will take a bit of heat off GTA since it's much worse. That would be nice. GTA V is a brilliant game and doesn't deserve the hate it gets. This game, however, is stupid and deserves all the hate it gets.

I dont think the goal should be to get them to leave any one game alone, but to lay off completely. If that is the goal, adding another game which could be seen as significantly worse does not help the cause.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Meh.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Wasn't this first talked about not too long after a school shooting (or similar event)? I remember something was going down and was like "This is the worst timing and going to cause so much controversy in the worst way." Personally, I hate it more than the concept of 50 shades of grey being a terrible fanfic. It's the result of some jackass trying way too hard to be edgy. We're talking LizardSquad levels of try-hard. If this makes it best greenlight, I will officially give up on PC gaming and deem the community to be mind-numbing retards. Greenlight already had issues with idiots who vote up crap games for shits and giggles, but this one I have loathing for.

We're up to our waists with morons who claim video games make you "blah blah blah" and gamers always have to go on the defensive. When we get utter trash like this, it goes from the overreaction people have to GTA and multiplies it. The gaming community doesn't need this pile and if it actually passed, "PC Gamer Master Race" will be lower on the totem pole than whoever bought a Mac Pro for gaming reasons. 

Wasn't this first talked about not too long after a school shooting (or similar event)? I remember something was going down and was like "This is the worst timing and going to cause so much controversy in the worst way." Personally, I hate it more than the concept of 50 shades of grey was a terrible fanfic. It's the result of some jackass trying way too hard to be edgy. We're talking LizardSquad levels of try-hard. If this makes it best greenlight, I will officially give up on PC gaming and deem the community to be mind-numbing retards. Greenlight already has horrible as it is with the amount of idiots who pass crap games for shits and giggles, but this one I have loathing for.

Lots of crap go through Greenlight every day. This game is nothing special. If you are going to make a decision like that it means you have other problems.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Lots of crap go through Greenlight every day. This game is nothing special. If you are going to make a decision like that it means you have other problems.

It gets a bit draining when the concept of greenlight is shat on all the time. This is 3edgy5me the game with no redeeming qualities, the amount of likes from that like is cringe worthy.

The OP does have a point.

It's a game, albeit a tasteless one, but a game none the less, and can all games really be blamed for the one jackass who happens to play it before doing something horrific? No, the same way we don't blame spoons for making people fat.

Granted, most of society these days is too stupid to understand the idea of blaming a person for their actions, and this game will bring a lot of hate our way.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

his input is at the bottom of the op :P and really this should be in pc gaming section

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

his input is at the bottom of the op :P and really this should be in pc gaming section

When I posted it was just a quote from the article and the link. I agree.

That's horrible

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Wasn't this first talked about not too long after a school shooting (or similar event)? I remember something was going down and was like "This is the worst timing and going to cause so much controversy in the worst way." Personally, I hate it more than the concept of 50 shades of grey being a terrible fanfic. It's the result of some jackass trying way too hard to be edgy. We're talking LizardSquad levels of try-hard. If this makes it best greenlight, I will officially give up on PC gaming and deem the community to be mind-numbing retards. Greenlight already had issues with idiots who vote up crap games for shits and giggles, but this one I have loathing for.

We're up to our waists with morons who claim video games make you "blah blah blah" and gamers always have to go on the defensive. When we get utter trash like this, it goes from the overreaction people have to GTA and multiplies it. The gaming community doesn't need this pile and if it actually passed, "PC Gamer Master Race" will be lower on the totem pole than whoever bought a Mac Pro for gaming reasons. 

You sound like this guy right now, just so you know:

wow O_O, if this is the mindset of the average Nvidia consumer I think I'll have to switch to the red team. Lord have mercy on our souls T_T

A small amount of people in a community do not dictate anything for the rest of the people who happen to be a part of the same community.

It's a game, albeit a tasteless one, but a game none the less, and can all games really be blamed for the one jackass who happens to play it before doing something horrific? No, the same way we don't blame spoons for making people fat.

Granted, most of society these days is too stupid to understand the idea of blaming a person for their actions, and this game will bring a lot of hate our way.

Tasteless? Taste is subjective, besides you know nothing of the story, and it's been mentioned that players will be able to uncover one as they play.

Dead Space 2 had you killing horribly mutated children and even babies that would crawl towards you and explode their acidic guts, is that tasteless? Why would it be? The game's set on human colonies in space, children would be around and they'd be among the first ones to be infected. It's supposed to scare you.

If these guys want to stir up a good one they should also add some kids around 9-12 or something like that.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Who knows maybe it'll be good.

Tasteless or not people need to be able to create things about any subject.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Its the kind of game (very few of them) that I absolutely hate. Like any kind of art though, there is some trash (to my eyes) that some will like anyway. So I am ok for it existing in this world although it is not the right time. Imo it is a bit too early, games are still viewed as catalysts to murders and horribles things happening.

The thing is even if I loathe the idea, I will probably try it (pirate it, no way in hell I am giving them any money) to understand what it is. There is no way I will ever complete it either.

Its the kind of game (very few of them) that I absolutely hate. Like any kind of art though, there is some trash (to my eyes) that some will like anyway. So I am ok for it existing in this world although it is not the right time. Imo it is a bit too early, games are still viewed as catalysts to murders and horribles things happening.

The thing is even if I loathe the idea, I will probably try it (pirate it, no way in hell I am giving them any money) to understand what it is. There is no way I will ever complete it either.

Early? What is that supposed to mean? What is too early?

Why do you hate the game when you haven't played it yet?

Do you also hate GTA 5 or any other game that lets you shoot people?

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan