I need help trying to figure out why I can't run Cyberpunk properly

I get insanely massive stuttering in the game.  It used to run fine. After I did a clean reinstall of my drivers it was running great. Now a day later it's running like actual crap. My 1% lows are what's causing the stutter. It often at times gets 0'd out creating massive stuttering. I know my system can run it, but something is causing it. Yes I have mods installed but I tried running the game on a fresh clean version as well and the same issues occur. I know it's definitely a problem on my end. I tried other demanding games just to see if they ran properly like they should still and they do. So something with my system and Cyberpunk don't get along too well it seems. It's capable of running at my settings fine but something is causing the stutter.

System Specs 

7900x

7900xt

32GB DDR5 6000MT/s

Game is also running on an NVME

1 hour ago, fade2black001 said:

I get insanely massive stuttering in the game.  It used to run fine. After I did a clean reinstall of my drivers it was running great. Now a day later it's running like actual crap. My 1% lows are what's causing the stutter. It often at times gets 0'd out creating massive stuttering. I know my system can run it, but something is causing it. Yes I have mods installed but I tried running the game on a fresh clean version as well and the same issues occur. I know it's definitely a problem on my end. I tried other demanding games just to see if they ran properly like they should still and they do. So something with my system and Cyberpunk don't get along too well it seems. It's capable of running at my settings fine but something is causing the stutter.

System Specs 

7900x

7900xt

32GB DDR5 6000MT/s

Game should run fine, there's definitely something happening

Do you have same behavior in other games ?

What other programs are running ?

Disk full ?

What GPU options did you activate in Adrenalin ? (Hyper RX, AFMF etc) ?

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

1 hour ago, fade2black001 said:

System Specs 

7900x

7900xt

32GB DDR5 6000MT/s

Along with @PDifolco's suggestions:

Have you tried verifying game files or redownloading

Checking if there are any issue with windows (sfc/scannow)

DDU and reinstall GPU drivers

Any overclocking

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

Game is not running off an HDD right? Or you have HDDs installed on that system?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

31 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Game should run fine, there's definitely something happening

Do you have same behavior in other games ?

What other programs are running ?

Disk full ?

What GPU options did you activate in Adrenalin ? (Hyper RX, AFMF etc) ?

This does not happen in other games

I got File explorer and Windows Edge running along with Vortex, steam, GOG launcher and CDPR Launcher

Disk is only half full

I got AFMF, Anti-Lag (comes on with AFMF) and Boost

35 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

Along with @PDifolco's suggestions:

Have you tried verifying game files or redownloading

Checking if there are any issue with windows (sfc/scannow)

DDU and reinstall GPU drivers

Any overclocking

1. Yes

2. No issues

3. I have done this 2 days ago and it did help and seemed to fix it but it came back. I don't really want to do a clean reinstall of the drivers every time I play the game.

4. No OC'ing. I tried OC'ing to see if that made a difference, but it did not

36 minutes ago, Levent said:

Game is not running off an HDD right? Or you have HDDs installed on that system?

I do have multiple Hard Disk Drives on my system but everything is running off the SSD that it's on.

I would also like to point out that I did disable my APU to save power but when I enabled it seemed to help significantly with the stuttering which seems really weird. It like cut back by like 70%. This does not make sense to me. But.... I still get stuttering but not as bad

5 minutes ago, fade2black001 said:

I would also like to point out that I did disable my APU to save power but when I enabled it seemed to help significantly with the stuttering which seems really weird. It like cut back by like 70%. This does not make sense to me. But.... I still get stuttering but not as bad

Try turning off AFMF, lag and boost and running to see how it runs, just running the card entirely plain and stock

Are you using FSR? and/or ARSR also?

System specs:

4 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

Try turning off AFMF, lag and boost and running to see how it runs, just running the card entirely plain and stock

Are you using FSR? and/or ARSR also?

It makes it worse

Yes I'm using FSR

4 hours ago, fade2black001 said:

This does not happen in other games

I got File explorer and Windows Edge running along with Vortex, steam, GOG launcher and CDPR Launcher

Disk is only half full

I got AFMF, Anti-Lag (comes on with AFMF) and Boost

AMD stuff sometimes create issues, for me AntiLag created regular stutters in Cyberpunk (not that big but noticeable, every 15sec or so) ...

Disable all of those features and check what happens

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

15 hours ago, PDifolco said:

AMD stuff sometimes create issues, for me AntiLag created regular stutters in Cyberpunk (not that big but noticeable, every 15sec or so) ...

Disable all of those features and check what happens

It makes it worse

5 minutes ago, fade2black001 said:

It makes it worse

Well only thing left to try is Windows reinstall...

15 hours ago, PDifolco said:

Well only thing left to try is Windows reinstall...

Yeah.... no

7 hours ago, fade2black001 said:

Yeah.... no

Why...not?

System specs:

3 hours ago, TatamiMatt said:

Why...not?

Too much of a pain. Sit through 50+ windows updates after install. Reinstall multiple programs. It probably take like 2+ hours to do everything and I'm betting the chance it will do anything is like 10%.

2 minutes ago, fade2black001 said:

Too much of a pain. Sit through 50+ windows updates after install. Reinstall multiple programs. It probably take like 2+ hours to do everything and I'm betting the chance it will do anything is like 10%.

The updates will happen upon install so no need to update, its a great way to only install what you need and get rid of bloatware or just software thats bloating your PC that you dont use anymore, and youd be quite surprised how much a windows reinstall can fix and even just improve performance as it gets clogged with so much random nonsense overtime

System specs:

16 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

The updates will happen upon install so no need to update, its a great way to only install what you need and get rid of bloatware or just software thats bloating your PC that you dont use anymore, and youd be quite surprised how much a windows reinstall can fix and even just improve performance as it gets clogged with so much random nonsense overtime

How would it get rid of bloatware without reformatting the drive? Last time I checked you dont format SSDs

15 minutes ago, fade2black001 said:

How would it get rid of bloatware without reformatting the drive?

Id would get rid of bloatware as you would reinstall windows which will indeed format the drive

16 minutes ago, fade2black001 said:

Last time I checked you dont format SSDs

But in that case, how do you install windows onto a drive, or setup a drive initially, or change the formatting of a drive?

System specs:

13 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

Id would get rid of bloatware as you would reinstall windows which will indeed format the drive

But in that case, how do you install windows onto a drive, or setup a drive initially, or change the formatting of a drive?

When installing Windows it gives you the option to format or not

2 minutes ago, fade2black001 said:

When installing Windows it gives you the option to format or not

I'll be installing Windows on a fresh clean drive anyways. I just will have to copy over files and folders like Appdate and documents etc etc.

Also my system doesn't have any bloatware on it as it's not a prebuilt

Edit: hit wrong button. They should give you the option of having you be able to delete your own posts....

38 minutes ago, fade2black001 said:

I'll be installing Windows on a fresh clean drive anyways. I just will have to copy over files and folders like Appdate and documents etc etc.

Also my system doesn't have any bloatware on it as it's not a prebuilt

Edit: hit wrong button. They should give you the option of having you be able to delete your own posts....

Even windows has some bloatware, regardless of prebuilt or not, like, unless you default MS edge, then thats unnecessary software bloating your drives

System specs:

1 hour ago, TatamiMatt said:

Even windows has some bloatware, regardless of prebuilt or not, like, unless you default MS edge, then thats unnecessary software bloating your drives

I've been trying to install Windows for the past 2 hours and it's not working. I give up..... The whole thing has bcome a freaking nightmare. Something so simple shouldn't be this hard to do

16 minutes ago, fade2black001 said:

I've been trying to install Windows for the past 2 hours and it's not working. I give up..... The whole thing has bcome a freaking nightmare. Something so simple shouldn't be this hard to do

How have you been trying to install it?

System specs:

6 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

How have you been trying to install it?

Bootable flash drive