There's a Petition saying Anita Sarkeesian Should Not Help Develop Mirrors Edge 2

Petition started by a women no less , the petition states :

We the undersigned are presenting our names in solidarity against the decision of EA Games and DICE to include Anita Sarkeesian in any aspect of the game development of Mirror's Edge 2. Our reasoning follows as thus:

Anita Sarkeesian has no credibility or experience in game development. She is merely a self proclaimed critic and her opinions should offer no sound foundations in the development of this or any game. She has no experience in the industry.

Anita does not speak for gamers, female or otherwise, on the difficulty or appeal of games. She only offers personal insights catering to her own agenda. In fact, she went so far as to say that women needed a whole new "simplified" control set for this game, based on her personal experiences, passing them off as the opinion of the female gaming community.

In the past, Anita has even spoken against her status as a gamer, only to rebut her stance to serve her own purposes.

We are not against strong portrayls of women in video games, but believe that consultations on games should be given by more credible and experienced sources. We agree with Anita's right to voice her opinion on any subject matter she sees fit, however we do not agree with her input on a professional level and do not want to see the game we love influcened by ignorance.

Change.org : 
https://www.change.org/p/ea-games-remove-anita-sarkeesian-from-mirror-s-edge-2-game-development

aGtkERzxGTfUgDE-580x326-noPad.jpg

The petetion had 16,666 supporters as of writing this post

Edit :

She thinks women needs different set of controls *facepalm* 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I dont know, maybe she SHOULD help make a game, and then the game can fail and be horrible and it will get rid of her

OR she will prove her point and make things better

that said I do want mirrors edge 2 to be good, so thats why I am on the fence

ALSO... whats wrong with somebody helping to make a game with no prior games experience? its not like she is lead programmer, if its story and portrayal she is in charge of, you do not need video game experience to do this

I cant create Micheal Bay CGI but I could probably plan a scene and tell the director/graphical people how I want it to look

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I dont know, maybe she SHOULD help make a game, and then the game can fail and be horrible and it will get rid of her

that said I do want mirrors edge 2 to be good, so thats why I am on the fence

I agree with your first line. Just let her royally fuck up the game and people will beat EA to a pulp for letting her on the team. Neither EA or any other developer will even think about letting her or anyone like her on development teams after seeing the fallout.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

I don't think Anita ever helped anyone and I'm not sure she's capable of developing anything. Part of me thinks EA just wants some negative press to detract from Ubisoft's spotlight of anti-consumer decisions but oh well, It's not like I really gave a fuck about Mirror's Edge it's sequel can fuck right off henceforth.

But in case you care, score another one for "feminists"!

-------

Current Rig

-------

By simplified control set she means...just WASD and the spacebar lol? what an idiot.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Ha! She will probably fabricate another death threat and get Phil Fish and a couple of  gaming "journalists" to declare gamers are death for not buying the game.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Ha! She will probably fabricate another death threat and get Phil Fish and a couple of  gaming "journalists" to declare gamers are death for not buying the game.

If that happened she would just look like a fool

I would love to see how it panned out if she was helping, call it morbid curiosity 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Signed :-)

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

If that happened she would just look like a fool

I would love to see how it panned out if she was helping, call it morbid curiosity 

She did tried that once with that nonsense deal about a death threat if she appeared on some lecture, so it's not without precedent and she doesn't seems to care. I guess it must be nice living in a world where you're constantly validated by other self serving morons who distort legitimate ideologies just as much as you do.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Why would I want to give EA free business advice? If they want to do something stupid they are free to do so.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

lmfao I guess someone at EA has been hitting the crack pipe again.. I don't know any other reason they would even consider letting her near a game.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

I don't care if she is or isn't involved in a game.  It's the project leads prerogative whether her advice is heeded or not and to what degree(s) they're implemented.

I personally am sick of hearing about her mostly because of the crazy hateful BS that tends to follow.  Which tends to be more fabrication after it is sensationalized, exaggerated and demonized by some radicals who believe that their tastes in games are the only ones that matter.

I wouldn't have any problem with her working on it as long as she didn't bring her own agenda into it. But I can't see any way in which she could contribute in a fashion that is without bias really.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

I don't care if she is or isn't involved in a game.  It's the project leads prerogative whether her advice is heeded or not and to what degree(s) they're implemented.

I personally am sick of hearing about her mostly because of the crazy hateful BS that tends to follow.  Which tends to be more fabrication after it is sensationalized, exaggerated and demonized by some radicals who believe that their taste is games is the only one that matters.

Yeah EA would totally not insinuate someone that basically would interfere with the writing of the game just to push their agenda, I mean it's not like they've done exactly that already. Right?

-------

Current Rig

-------

I think this is a stupid petition.

Let her help with the game if EA thinks it is a good idea.

This is pretty much the same pity tactic those feminists used to get GTA 5 pulled from shelves. It's stupid. Stop it right now.

Best thing that can happen -> It actually makes the game better. I think it's VERY unlikely but who knows. If the game ends up being better then I don't see any reason to complain.

Worst thing that can happen -> The game ends up bad and we can all laugh at her. Or maybe this is the best outcome, because I didn't find Mirror's Edge 1 that fun so this would bring me more entertainment than that game did.

EA will probably just let her change some minor things, not write the whole story (because she is absolutely terrible at that) and that probably won't affect the end game that much. What's funny is that her master thesis was constructed in such a way that it is impossible to make "good" female characters. Any strong woman (yes this includes both physically and mentally strong) will just end up being a "man with boobs". So no matter what she does with Mirror's Edge, anyone who follows her master thesis will still be able to deem the game misogynistic.

post-216-0-78072200-1418040781.png

Game doesn't sell: Anita: "Omg male gamers don't care for strong female leads, women rule blahblahblah"

Game sells well: Anita: "see, I told you games need strong female leads to sell well"

Looks like there's no way out of this...

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

I.E. One of the videos on her site is these guys , talking like she's holding a gun to his balls

im sorry i know alot of female gamers and they dont care about all this, all they want to do is play the game like in BF4 using C4 to "blow s**t up" 

back on topic. i really hope EA does see this and let her in on the game development and then if/when the game is a massive failure they can point their fingers towards a person who only knows how to knit pick at the smallest detail of any game and call it sexist.

with the whole GTA V thing in Australia i think it is the parents fault for buying their kids the game even tho its a R18+ game. 

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

Just... Please don't let mirror's edge fail horribly. I really liked the first one.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

What does it matter? honestly it's not as if she is being hired onto the project as a senior game programmer or an artist. She is just there to help improve the game. You guys need to grow up,

What does it matter? honestly it's not as if she is being hired onto the project as a senior game programmer or an artist. She is just there to help improve the game. You guys need to grow up,

You might be right, she might end up just either critizing EA for not giving her enough creative input and henceforth forever labeling them as misogynistic, or she might do next to nothing and claim credit as a "developer" to launch her own games or some shit like that, who knows.

The thing is, the woman has literally made a career of taking a huge, unjustified dump on our favorite hobby with misinformation and outright falsehoods, I think we're allowed to poke fun at her and EA after all that.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yeah, no. Mirror's Edge is EA's last remaining IP with a little bit of soul, find another, less good test subject for a crash test.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Yeah EA would totally not insinuate someone that basically would interfere with the writing of the game just to push their agenda, I mean it's not like they've done exactly that already. Right?

Oh I can do that too!  just let me grab something irrelevant, add some impositions that include the actions of others for all time and assign the ownership of those grievances to my target.

Therefore; "men" in a group have never pointed at a black sheep and screamed accusingly "Witch!  Burn them at the stake" Or imprisoned a Nelson Mandela or a Galileo to protect their pathetic stick in the ground, Riiight?

Anything EA has done or will do, they'll do it for the money.  period.

I'm not entirely sure what to think of this. I do think that Sarkeesian as a video game "critic" has absolutely no leg to stand on, but I'm carefully optimistic that she causes EA to have a massive blunder in their hands with Mirror's Edge 2. Sometimes people need to get hurt before they learn. I hold absolutely no personal grudge against Sarkeesian, I've never cared what she has or will have to say about video games. Allthough that's some highly profitable white noise that she has going on.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling