There's a Petition saying Anita Sarkeesian Should Not Help Develop Mirrors Edge 2

That is laughable,  I'd love to see the face of any (and I mean any) social scientist, psychologist, anthropologist or researcher when they see that chart.   It is actually almost exactly the opposite to current day gender portrayal.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

NO NO NO NO PLEASE DON'T JEOPARDIZE ONE OF MY FAVORITE GAME'S SEQUELS

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Signed! I can't believe she is "helping" with development for this game.

Actively trying to push this woman out of her position which she was asked to help with, is proving her point, 

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

I really don't fucking understand, just when EA seems to begin listening to their consumers, they decide to fucking hire one of the most hated public figures by the gaming community.

A fucking person who misrepresents the gaming industry and demographic then capitalizes on it...

I'd like to understand what the fuck is going on with the people at EA/DICE...Is this just a cheap publicity stunt? 

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

I really don't fucking understand, just when EA seems to begin listening to their consumers, they decide to fucking hire one of the most hated public figures by the gaming community.

A fucking person who misrepresents the gaming industry and demographic then capitalizes on it...

I'd like to understand what the fuck is going on with the people at EA/DICE...Is this just a cheap publicity stunt? 

Likely not a publicity stunt, but more of them just -actually- being out of touch of things and thinking they're doing the right thing.  That or.. they're appeasing to the -wrong- crowd for sales revenue.  Overall I am beyond saddened by it :/

I don't care if she is or isn't involved in a game.  It's the project leads prerogative whether her advice is heeded or not and to what degree(s) they're implemented.

I personally am sick of hearing about her mostly because of the crazy hateful BS that tends to follow.  Which tends to be more fabrication after it is sensationalized, exaggerated and demonized by some radicals who believe that their tastes in games are the only ones that matter.

It is indeed bad how Anita Sarkeesian gets all the attention which makes the issue worse.

But the most crazy BS is that there are people who actually rally around her "logic."

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Let her help. People who aren't that aware of her buy her tripe without questioning it because it sounds good on the surface. Once more become fully aware, they'll see her for the fraud she is and more become aware of this vile vermin.

Anita is master troll

Nope stay away from Mirrors edge 

people of both sides of the debate should stay out of this for better or worse 

or we get nowhere

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

Let's cut the bs and get straight to the problem:

Is her involvement with MiE2 confirmed?

Last time I checked, it was only a rumour/speculation - at which point this whole Thread and the Petition is rendered USELESS.

I was going to write a huge post but in the end I decided not to as it wouldn't be of any benefit seeing as I'm male and what I say doesn't matter when it comes to feminism, unless I'm sympathising to the cause (no issues whatsoever about girl gamers... I just don't care who it is that kills me on CS or whatever) I really don't understand her issue... She doesn't play games... Can't she just shout at some publishers about Snow White or Cinderella or something?

I5 3570K, MSI Z77A G45, 8GB 2133MHz Gskill Ripjaws, MSI TwinFrozr GTX 780, Samsung 840 Evo SSD, WD Green 1TB HDD, OCZ 750 Watt PSU, Zalman Z11+ 

I was going to write a huge post but in the end I decided not to as it wouldn't be of any benefit seeing as I'm male and what I say doesn't matter when it comes to feminism, unless I'm sympathising to the cause (no issues whatsoever about girl gamers... I just don't care who it is that kills me on CS or whatever) I really don't understand her issue... She doesn't play games... Can't she just shout at some publishers about Snow White or Cinderella or something?

Actually what you say does matter to feminism, remember that there is a pretty substancial difference between actual Feminists that fight for females actually being oppressed and focus on issues like domestic abuse, forced prostitution and human rights violations towards women, things that continue to happen all around the world, and a bunch of sheltered idiots who think they need to diminish a worthy cause by talking about how videogames oppress them (hint: they mostly don't)

-------

Current Rig

-------

/

I know and understand there are varying forms of feminism. But I obviously do sympathise with the majority of them such as what you stated. But if a male said "but no domestic abuse is ok" nobody would listen and think he is a ass (which he is) but with this I don't feel as if the points are relevant to gaming as I could end that particular videos statements with varied wording with a similar sounding outcome, but my opinion will be brushed aside by that group as my opinion is that if a male gamer and therefore not relevant to what they are trying to say and will label me as a shortsighted chauvinistic individual.

But anyway, just let her do whatever it is she does, because I doubt she'll make any real difference in the end product.

Touchy subject is feminism I suppose.

I5 3570K, MSI Z77A G45, 8GB 2133MHz Gskill Ripjaws, MSI TwinFrozr GTX 780, Samsung 840 Evo SSD, WD Green 1TB HDD, OCZ 750 Watt PSU, Zalman Z11+ 

I dont know, maybe she SHOULD help make a game, and then the game can fail and be horrible and it will get rid of her

OR she will prove her point and make things better

that said I do want mirrors edge 2 to be good, so thats why I am on the fence

ALSO... whats wrong with somebody helping to make a game with no prior games experience? its not like she is lead programmer, if its story and portrayal she is in charge of, you do not need video game experience to do this

I cant create Micheal Bay CGI but I could probably plan a scene and tell the director/graphical people how I want it to look

She wants to make different controls for females that makes it easier  isn't that sexism isn't that treating women as less than man doesn't that make her a hypocrite if that doesn't change your mind I don't know what will.  

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

She wants to make different controls for females that makes it easier  isn't that sexism isn't that treating women as less than man doesn't that make her a hypocrite if that doesn't change your mind I don't know what will.  

Really is that true?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Idk who that is as I never played Mirror's Edge, but looks like she's getting served.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Really is that true?

Here you go http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/267142-oh-dear-anita-what-are-you-doing/page-2#entry3629154 , read it and tell me your opinion.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Yeah, not the first time I've read about this. Unless Women suddenly all morphed into sea animals that have flippers instead of fingers, I don't quite understand how this could even be a thing. Like, a game controller is designed for human hands of average size, which for someone like me with bigfoot hands, is really small. and keyboards come in 1000 different sizes too.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Yeah, not the first time I've read about this. Unless Woman suddenly all morphed into sea animals that have flippers instead of fingers, I don't quite understand how this could even be a thing. Like, a game controller is designed for human hands of average size, which for someone like me with bigfoot hands, is really small.

Her whole fucking argument from the start to now make no sense I will just put this picture

post-61942-0-78060000-1418168848.png 
also she just wont stop http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/267094-games-critic-feminist-frequency-potentially-in-serious-legal-trouble/ tread this thread to I just fucking hate her.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Her whole fucking argument from the start to now make no sense I will just put this picture

attachicon.gifgzTILP2.png 

that post is utterly epic.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

By all means speak your mind. Majority of male gamers already flat out call her a fraud (which she is) the same woman that had the nerve to tweet moments after a school shooting to say the whole male gender is at fault and not because of the actions of an individual with mental problems. As blunt as I can possibly be, this sham of a woman can fuck off. The sad irony is it's a white cis male who is her producer. She herself is nothing more than a puppet to a privileged white guy with lots of cash with trustfund parents. Women gamers are also calling her out for what she is. My gf Sophia used to be neutral with the stance of "Some of these issues are serious" to now calling Anita a fraud. And she's one of the most easy going people around that is really hard to get upset and she considers Anita a fraud now. The more Sarkeesian does dumb shit, the more aware people are becoming. People who are anti feminist aren't because of the movement, but because of twisted individuals in the 3rd wave of feminism that amounts to a bunch of angry man haters.

that post is utterly epic.

Yes it's super epic the best thing I have seen for today and maybe the whole week.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I.E. One of the videos on her site is these guys , talking like she's holding a gun to his balls

http://youtu.be/E47-FMmMLy0

Fair enough, but this about Anita Sarkeesian being a bad person.

And #21 is a definite lie, should have kept it to #24.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

RIP Mirrors Edge 2

inb4 Faith becomes a feminazi in the second game and talks about the patriachy

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.