There's a Petition saying Anita Sarkeesian Should Not Help Develop Mirrors Edge 2

Only people who know about video games should develop them. It's why we keep getting bad games like Assassin's Creed Unity and Watch Dogs. I have no personal opinion on the women however I like how the gaming industry used to be when it was just about making good games and if devs made a bit of money on the side then that was the bonus. If it was ever like that anyway. It just felt like that to me.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

She has been at DICE since 2012... the damage has already been done...And it's EA! Just don't buy the game although i loved the first one :mellow:

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Having experience in trying to make a game with a new team, just because you are a good story teller does Not mean you know how to pace a story for a game. It's very difficult to do well

That being said, seeing the issues she takes with some games I wouldn't be surprised if in ME2 you won't be able to die. Wouldn't want a woman dying.

I dont know, maybe she SHOULD help make a game, and then the game can fail and be horrible and it will get rid of her

never happens that way. The game would be complete ass and she would still steal all that money.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

The Anitaphobia here at LTT borders on fanatical.

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone

I say let her, it's not like I'm going to buy it anyway.

I want all of my games on Steam or DRM-free, so since ME2 is Origin then I'm not buying it.

Hopefully it turns out great, I loved the first one, but I also kind of want it to fail so Anita shuts up for once.

The Anitaphobia here at LTT borders on fanatical.

Maybe because we are tired of being morally judged by someone who doesn't know us, who is at the same time distracting (if not covering for) people who are doing biased reviews based on things other than whether or not a game is good.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Why does she need to be involved with mirrors edge? It already has a female protagonist

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

Maybe because we are tired of being morally judged by someone who doesn't know us, who is at the same time distracting (if not covering for) people who are doing biased reviews based on things other than whether or not a game is good.

Huh, what?

It's most certainly not about that, it's because she has scammed a bunch of people on Kickstarter with over 150K USD for a series of videos (which so far have been low quality) that she hasn't even finished half of two years later. She constantly victimizes herself as well as other women, she constantly makes ridiculous claims an accusations (blaming school shootings on "the patriarchy").

Has nothing to do with morals, this is just some bitch who somehow thinks she should dictate what other people should/shouldn't be able to enjoy, and plays the classic blaming game of pointing fingers at video games or other forms of media and saying they're responsible for issues in society or her personal life.

And now, with all of this lying she has gotten fucking recognition from major game developers and successfully infiltrated them...

She's a fucking cunt, fuck her, hearing the BS that spews out of her mouth all of the time is just infuriating and tiresome.

We want her away from your beloved games.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Huh, what?

It's most certainly not about that, it's because she has scammed a bunch of people on Kickstarter with over 150K USD for a series of videos (which so far have been low quality) that she hasn't even finished half of two years later. She constantly victimizes herself as well as other women, she constantly makes ridiculous claims an accusations (blaming school shootings on "the patriarchy").

Has nothing to do with morals, this is just some bitch who somehow thinks she should dictate what other people should/shouldn't be able to enjoy, and plays the classic blaming game of pointing fingers at video games or other forms of media and saying they're responsible for issues in society or her personal life.

And now, with all of this lying she has gotten fucking recognition from major game developers and successfully infiltrated them...

She's a fucking cunt, fuck her, hearing the BS that spews out of her mouth all of the time is just infuriating and tiresome.

We want her away from your beloved games.

So do I. But I try to make my points about this topic in a way that can't be attacked with her straw man arguments, I give it 10 minutes at most before someone calls you a sexist for calling her a "fucking cunt". Self victimizer? definitely. She does need to go and find something constructive to do instead of capitalizing off of made up controversy.

But in the end, one unassailable point to make is that she is judging people for their sexuality, if I happen to find a woman on screen attractive, that makes me sexist? Is it sexist if a female gamer finds a male character in a torn shirt/loin cloth attractive? No, it's a mental reaction that can't be controlled and no one has a right to judge people about.

Focus on refuting her argument, not undermining it by pointing out what she is actually doing, because that just gives her and those on her side more ammunition, whether or not it's the truth.

So do I. But I try to make my points about this topic in a way that can't be attacked with her straw man arguments, I give it 10 minutes at most before someone calls you a sexist for calling her a "fucking cunt". Self victimizer? definitely. She does need to go and find something constructive to do instead of capitalizing off of made up controversy.

But in the end, one unassailable point to make is that she is judging people for their sexuality, if I happen to find a woman on screen attractive, that makes me sexist? Is it sexist if a female gamer finds a male character in a torn shirt/loin cloth attractive? No, it's a mental reaction that can't be controlled and no one has a right to judge people about.

Focus on refuting her argument, not undermining it by pointing out what she is actually doing, because that just gives her and those on her side more ammunition, whether or not it's the truth.

She's been refuted over and over already, if people want to see that, they can find it. I can link to it, ThunderFoot has done a great job on it.

I'm simply expressing what i feel about that cunt. Cunt isn't even an exclusive term for women, i'll call anyone a cunt.

It's quite obvious that she has double standards, just like a lot of these so called modern feminists. It's fucking ridiculous how someone can think that if you're sexually attracted to another person, then you MUST be treating them simply as a sexual object, ignoring any other features they might have. Geez, this shit is soo incredibly old and has been refuted over and over and over again. What a fucking echo chamber, man!

She has NO fucking argument, there is ABSOLUTELY NO CONNECTION BETWEEN REAL WORLD BEHAVIOR AND VIDEO GAMES, the studies that do exist, seem to demonstrate the exact opposite of what she claims.

Bleh...i'm just tired of seeing this bitch constantly getting recognition by people i once though had some shred of dignity or intelligence.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

I.E. One of the videos on her site is these guys , talking like she's holding a gun to his balls

i puked in my mouth a little bit

Intel i5 4670K | Asus z97 Deluxe | MSI GTX 1060 (6GB) | 16GB Corsair Vengeance |

120GB Samsung EVO - 480GB OCZ Solid III - 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda  | Corsair AX760

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | Razer Ouroboros

She's been refuted over and over already, if people want to see that, they can find it. I can link to it, ThunderFoot has done a great job on it.

I'm simply expressing what i feel about that cunt. Cunt isn't even an exclusive term for women, i'll call anyone a cunt.

It's quite obvious that she has double standards, just like a lot of these so called modern feminists. It's fucking ridiculous how someone can think that if you're sexually attracted to another person, then you MUST be treating them simply as a sexual object, ignoring any other features they might have. Geez, this shit is soo incredibly old and has been refuted over and over and over again. What a fucking echo chamber, man!

She has NO fucking argument, there is ABSOLUTELY NO CONNECTION BETWEEN REAL WORLD BEHAVIOR AND VIDEO GAMES, the studies that do exist, seem to demonstrate the exact opposite of what she claims.

Bleh...i'm just tired of seeing this bitch constantly getting recognition by people i once though had some shred of dignity or intelligence.

I understand your frustration man, I'm just saying that when you called her a cunt, you give her ammo lol

and ignore those people, TotalBiscuit is love, TotalBiscuit is life.

I.E. One of the videos on her site is these guys , talking like she's holding a gun to his balls

I really wish I hadn't seen Greg Miller in this video, I watch his stuff.

I understand your frustration man, I'm just saying that when you called her a cunt, you give her ammo lol

and ignore those people, TotalBiscuit is love, TotalBiscuit is life.

If by giving her ammo you mean leading her to commit more fallacies which will be later revealed, then yes. I'll gladly supply her self-damaging ammo.

If by giving her ammo you mean leading her to commit more fallacies which will be later revealed, then yes. I'll gladly supply her self-damaging ammo.

Possible, but that tactic kind of depends on people being intelligent, and we know how that works out.

Possible, but that tactic kind of depends on people being intelligent, and we know how that works out.

This is the issue. All she has to say is "Look at these people harassing me!" and the conversation is over. The media doesn't care WHY she was called a name. Just that she was. Clear cut good and evil sells so much better than the grays we actually live in.

That invisible benefits one...man, if only she had the balls to do it the way Intel did with their "We're all Gamers" ad...oh wait, her friends are all white males, hah, top kek.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

She shouldn't be part of it, that's why. It's going to be filled with her godawful agenda crap that needs to end.

And Here I thought EA were trying to get back into the public's good graces... clearly someone at DICE were not happy about EA telling them to implement Karsleezian's suggestions into mirrors edge 2, for this business deal to trickle down to the public. If she was level-headed in her opinions it would be fine, but when female gamers are speaking out against her straw-man arguments, let alone male gamers who are dizzy from rolling our eyes, you would expect someone at EA to have gotten the memo....

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I think this is a stupid petition.

Let her help with the game if EA thinks it is a good idea.

This is pretty much the same pity tactic those feminists used to get GTA 5 pulled from shelves. It's stupid. Stop it right now.

Best thing that can happen -> It actually makes the game better. I think it's VERY unlikely but who knows. If the game ends up being better then I don't see any reason to complain.

Worst thing that can happen -> The game ends up bad and we can all laugh at her. Or maybe this is the best outcome, because I didn't find Mirror's Edge 1 that fun so this would bring me more entertainment than that game did.

EA will probably just let her change some minor things, not write the whole story (because she is absolutely terrible at that) and that probably won't affect the end game that much. What's funny is that her master thesis was constructed in such a way that it is impossible to make "good" female characters. Any strong woman (yes this includes both physically and mentally strong) will just end up being a "man with boobs". So no matter what she does with Mirror's Edge, anyone who follows her master thesis will still be able to deem the game misogynistic.

attachicon.gifBullshit.png

I've been waiting 6 fucking years for ME2. Six fucking years. I, like many others, don't want to waste this game as a lesson. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

And this petition is how I found out shes even involved. Just found out now. I'm so mad. Do you know how many years I've waited to have a good mirrors edge sequel that may be fuller and dig into more of a story with Faith? I adored ME1! It wasn't about faith being a female character. That doesn't matter, especially since there's not much story in the first place. It was simply unique, and a gameplay and art style that really spoke to me. I spent many hours getting extreme quality screenshots from that game. I used to have a ME wallpaper all of the time until this year when ME2 was announced with the teaser. 

There are not a lot of games I hold dear like this one, and I'm pretty pissed this woman is getting involed. The things shes done this year are nothing short of disgusting, and now besides helping destroy the gaming journalism industry she's injecting her shit into games? 
What is EA thinking? She DOES NOT represent games, even female gamers. I've yet to encounter someone who thinks what she's doing is a good thing.

But I guess I'm a male chauvinistic pig...

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch