There's a Petition saying Anita Sarkeesian Should Not Help Develop Mirrors Edge 2

Oh I can do that too!  just let me grab something irrelevant, add some impositions that include the actions of others for all time and assign the ownership of those grievances to my target.

Therefore; "men" in a group have never pointed at a black sheep and screamed accusingly "Witch!  Burn them at the stake" Or imprisoned a Nelson Mandela or a Galileo to protect their pathetic stick in the ground, Riiight?

Anything EA has done or will do, they'll do it for the money.  period.

Yes because decades of imprisonment and burning a person alive are clearly on the same level as a stupid fucking videogame. The only thing you should burn is your straw man. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yes because decades of imprisonment and burning a person alive are clearly on the same level as a stupid fucking videogame. The only thing you should burn is your straw man. 

I am glad you found the comment idiotic as intended.

I am glad you found the comment idiotic as intended.

I'm not glad you're trying to hide under

an "I'm joking" statement though, but carry on we'll consider your face saved.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'm not glad you're trying to hide under

an "I'm joking" statement though, but carry on we'll consider your face saved.

Thank you.  You're a gentleman and a scholar.

People just need to ignore the stupid people out there and move on with their life. Don't ignore the game if you wanted to play it, don't buy it solely because she worked on it. Just ignore that the trolls even exist and eventually they will fade away into obscurity from whence they came.

There is no way her working on this project wont get turned into a media shitshow for all the wrong reasons. Now nothing we will see again about this game will be about the game itself, but rather HER affect on the game. Now it will not be about the game doing well or failing on its own merits, it will all be about how she influenced it for good or for bad. This is the real issue about famous people/developers working on a game, we overly scrutinize their influence and ignore that they are just one person out of HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS who work on these games.

I really liked the first game, and thought the character was great. And will still buy the second game (though prob as a steam sale because I'm a cheap bastard) and i will ignore any influence on the project by her. If the game is shit its solely the fault of the publisher and the developers. Because when it comes down to it, they can just ignore her suggestions if they didn't like how it would change the game.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

People just need to ignore the stupid people out there and move on with their life. Don't ignore the game if you wanted to play it, don't buy it solely because she worked on it. Just ignore that the trolls even exist and eventually they will fade away into obscurity from whence they came.

There is no way her working on this project wont get turned into a media shitshow for all the wrong reasons. Now nothing we will see again about this game will be about the game itself, but rather HER affect on the game. Now it will not be about the game doing well or failing on its own merits, it will all be about how she influenced it for good or for bad. This is the real issue about famous people/developers working on a game, we overly scrutinize their influence and ignore that they are just one person out of HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS who work on these games.

I really liked the first game, and thought the character was great. And will still buy the second game (though prob as a steam sale because I'm a cheap bastard) and i will ignore any influence on the project by her. If the game is shit its solely the fault of the publisher and the developers. Because when it comes down to it, they can just ignore her suggestions if they didn't like how it would change the game.

Fine, how about bringing up your attention in order to encourage you to ignore this game? Because I don't disagree with what you're saying, but I still think people should be informed of the kind of person that's apparently getting involved in this game i.e. I ignore everything Gearbox produces after Aliens: Colonial Marines but I wouldn't know about their fraud and lies if nobody posted the news item and discussed it.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Fine, how about bringing up your attention in order to encourage you to ignore this game? Because I don't disagree with what you're saying, but I still think people should be informed of the kind of person that's apparently getting involved in this game i.e. I ignore everything Gearbox produces after Aliens: Colonial Marines but I wouldn't know about their fraud and lies if nobody posted the news item and discussed it.

But why does her working on the project matter at all? As far as we know right now she has done absolutely nothing wrong in relation to this project. A person is capable of being a total asshole, and still being a good worker. I'm not going to judge her affect on the game based on some weird beliefs she espouses on the internet. Unless someone in the development team breaks silence and says "Oh that lady totally fucked up the game because of X, Y and Z. And we couldnt fix it because of A, B and C." then everything is speculation and is total bull.

You're judging her work (that hasn't even come out or happened yet) based on her personality with less than no proof, which is total bullshit.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Phones:

Yeah, I don't know where you guys have been but this has been going on almost ever since the game was announced.

But why does her working on the project matter at all?

Because of her entire trajectory: at the very least she got that job by very dubious means of unfair, misrepresented and outright intentionally false criticism of other games. I'm sorry but this is true of any critic that decides to suddenly participate in the medium he criticizes for a living, it's only natural to be over analyzed and actively scorned. And this is true of even fair critics, not stupid hacks pushing their own irrelevant-to-gaming agenda.

I'm sorry to say but nobody gets to have a cake and eat it too, specially not her after her overall negative impact on gaming.

You're judging her work (that hasn't even come out or happened yet) based on her personality with less than no proof, which is total bullshit.

I'm basing my opinion on her only tangible experience which is pseudo-feminist agenda. She is the one who has not a single skill that would qualify her to be involved in game design in any capacity.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yeah, I don't know where you guys have been but this has been going on almost ever since the game was announced.

I wasn't aware, but this petition made me aware, henceforth it works. Can we move on from this very simple point already?

-------

Current Rig

-------

So many things wrong in so many ways with the gaming industry as of late.

But why does her working on the project matter at all? As far as we know right now she has done absolutely nothing wrong in relation to this project. A person is capable of being a total asshole, and still being a good worker. I'm not going to judge her affect on the game based on some weird beliefs she espouses on the internet. Unless someone in the development team breaks silence and says "Oh that lady totally fucked up the game because of X, Y and Z. And we couldnt fix it because of A, B and C." then everything is speculation and is total bull.

Because if she is apart of it, we can be guaranteed one thing. Biased reviews, no one will DARE to say anything bad about this game.

Say what you will, but the industry is taking a turn for the worse. Devs (or more likely, production companies) are embargoing reviews in order to save their precious first day pre-orders. And now we have a woman who has nothing to do with the game industry, and is admittedly not a gamer, "helping out" on a game. I wonder what it is she is doing other than approving content (i.e. censorship)

Games are art, leave the goddamned devs alone and let them make the games they want to make.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Would you want an ignorant political internet activist to have a seat on Congress (or any high-ish decision making seat in politics)?

I wasn't aware, but this petition made me aware, henceforth it works. Can we move on from this very simple point already?

I just find it strange is all. It was practically plastered on the internet when the game was announced that they're getting Anita for advisement for the game. I figured everyone knew /shrug

Would you want an ignorant political internet activist to have a seat on Congress (or any high-ish decision making seat in politics)?

*Ba dum tsssssssssss*

(they already do, they're just old people who aren't big on the internet, but still the same)

You're comparing making a game to holding a publicly elected seat in congress?

1) If they are elected, that's the will of the people. I'm not going to argue with it even i wouldn't agree with it. That's the whole point behind representative governments.

2) All the influence she has is to make suggestions to the game design team. Which would be analogous in your example to some random congress support worker who writes up a document that the actual congressmen could just ignore if he doesn't like it.

3) When you're on a program design team, one person has very little influence. Her actual influence will be WAY WAY less than EA's own influence on the project. Something you accept when you work in the programming industry, your opinions matter nothing when someone sends you a memo from the C-Level offices.

Primary:

HTPC:

NAS:

Phones:

Because if she is apart of it, we can be guaranteed one thing. Biased reviews, no one will DARE to say anything bad about this game.

What? You really think no one will say anything bad? The real issue is that EVERYONE will say EVERYTHING is bad, not because the GAME is bad, but because they will blame her influence. She is going to be the media's built in scape goat to blame all the stupid stuff that the game designers and publishers did, whether or not she had anything to do with it.

Just like you're already trying to blame her for the influence on the game (that still hasn't happened yet)

Primary:

HTPC:

NAS:

Phones:

1) If they are elected, that's the will of the people. I'm not going to argue with it even i wouldn't agree with it. That's the whole point behind representative governments.

ah! hahahahahahaha. He still thinks elections are the will of the people, how cute

What? You really think no one will say anything bad? The real issue is that EVERYONE will say EVERYTHING is bad, not because the GAME is bad, but because they will blame her influence. She is going to be the media's built in scape goat to blame all the stupid stuff that the game designers and publishers did, whether or not she had anything to do with it.

Just like you're already trying to blame her for the influence on the game (that still hasn't happened yet)

Sorry but no. The gaming "journalists" will point to shitty player reviews, claim it's a sign of sexism, and say the game is actually really good, regardless of any form of objective measurement of good.

And by "journalists" I mean the websites (magazines if those are still a thing) and not youtube reviewers.

2) All the influence she has is to make suggestions to the game design team. Which would be analogous in your example to some random congress support worker who writes up a document that the actual congressmen could just ignore if he doesn't like it.

3) When you're on a program design team, one person has very little influence. Her actual influence will be WAY WAY less than EA's own influence on the project. Something you accept when you work in the programming industry, your opinions matter nothing when someone sends you a memo from the C-Level offices.

It's the concept, mate. This person has no experience in game development and practically takes a dump on good games because they don't meet her impossible expectations. Why should she be brought in for advisement for a game?

It's not my company to say that she shouldn't, so all we're doing here is giving an opinion. However, I think one could say Anita, should she have her way, may ruin the game based on her opinions about women in video games.

What? You really think no one will say anything bad?

Boy you guys love bait and switch arguments today: No that is not what he said, He was specifically referring to game journalists and after Gamergate this has been factually confirmed to be accurate: Many game "journalists" are biased and outright favoring indie developers and social justice types.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Well this is just BS. Lack of girls in games is an issue for some persons out there, but tbh i think girl gamers are getting more and more common, and i hope girl gamers will be treated equally soon, but tbh they don't need BS like this, just give it time. And there will always be stupid persons out there. When guys starting to go to beauty farms and girls are shooting the hell out of each other. Then humanity is probably at a point both genders are equal. And stay like that!

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Boy you guys love bait and switch arguments today: No that is not what he said, He was specifically referring to game journalists and after Gamergate this has been factually confirmed to be accurate: Many game "journalists" are biased and outright favoring indie developers and social justice types.

Hey im giving up on this thread because of all the straw men thrown my way, but he literally said:

"Biased reviews, no one will DARE to say anything bad about this game."

So my statement was right on point, he believes that no one will say "anything bad" about the game.

Primary:

HTPC:

NAS:

Phones:

Hey im giving up on this thread because of all the straw men thrown my way, but he literally said:

"Biased reviews, no one will DARE to say anything bad about this game."

So my statement was right on point, he believes that no one will say "anything bad" about the game.

Nope, he was clearly, to anybody who isn't a moron or pointlessly holding on to a refuted point to an absurd degree, referring to gaming press. We all know any youtuber can post footage saying the game is crap. Most don't have nearly as much pull as many of the confirmed to be fucking corrupt sites like Kotaku.

But overall I do agree with your assessment of you going away, sadly I know you're just wanting to pretend to be leaving to leave a "last word in" statement but you actually wont.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Everyone sign this, fucking unbelievable, i'm so eager to play ME2 and now i hear this shit?

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Oh god, the straw man card has been pulled this early? New record.

Have you been living under a rock for the past year or so? "Gaming journalists" working at sites like Kotaku and Polygon will most likely not dare to say anything bad about the game when it comes to how it portrays women (which will probably be a huge part of the discussion).

It will be the same tiresome flamewar we have had for several months now. Journalists saying any critique of the game is misogynistic and only being said because Anita is a woman. They will end up calling gamers dead, or sexist or whatever, that will piss people off and both the shitty website and Anita will get more exposure.