Game crashing at main menu in AC Unity? Ubisoft says delete friends list.

Snadzies

http://www.pcgamer.com/ubisoft-recommends-assassins-creed-unity-players-delete-all-game-contacts/

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:152-185876-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

We have discovered one of the issues that may cause the game to crash at the main menu after pressing the CONTINUE button. This issue affects all platforms. 

The team is working hard on a fix for those players that have been affected by this. However, for players who haven’t experienced this issue, we highly recommend you take the following steps to prevent a crash:

• Do not add any IN-GAME RECENT PLAYER as a GAME CONTACT 
  • If you already have GAME CONTACTS, perform the following to remove them:

My Brotherhood > My Contacts > Game Contacts (using RB/R1) > Focus on a Contact (LS) > More Actions (Y/Triangle) > Remove from contacts.

One of AC Unity's big new selling points was allowing you to play co-op with your friends.

Now, because they were in such a rush to get the game out in time for the holidays, they are suggesting you delete your friends list in order to get around a crash bug at the main menu.

Looking forward to The Division!

:unsure:

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone

Nobody knew they could dig this sort of hole did they...Supermassive_black_hole.jpeg

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

This game should just go like 90% off. It seems like the publishers only allowed their QA to test that much of the game... Possibly an exaggeration depending on how much more problems and stupid workarounds arise.

I laughed at the comment in the article "0 Friends Per Second is a cinematic experience" Probably just a number too. >.<

Well I'll probably play this on PS4 in about 7 years.

I remember when games didn't have too many glitches and when they did they were so funny that they caused entire fandoms.

Sig under construction.

i swear since they patched it i cant play online mode, i tried all the stuff they suggesting...its so stupid:

in order to delete your ingame friendlist you NEED TO CONTINUE THE GAME IN ONLINEMODE which is not possible,cause the game is crashing.

they give you a solution you cant even test , you need to be online to fix a problem which dont let you get online

How did this even pass QA. I don't even...

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

So basically pirates have the best experience with ACU thus far... they can't have friends or be online which according to Ubisoft themselves fixes a decent amount of ACU's issues. I am almost finished ACU and it's a good game! Just the bugs aren't smashed and therefore I wouldn't recommend buying it till Ubisoft fixes their game and it goes on sale.

Man, every day there is some new stuff about ac unity and ubisoft. They just dont know when to stop.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

i managed to finish the game on high with only about 20 or so crashes, dam my friends for crashing my game

Well I'll probably play this on PS4 in about 7 years.

I remember when games didn't have too many glitches and when they did they were so funny that they caused entire fandoms.

There was never a time when games weren't buggy but it's starting to get bloody ridiculous these days. I'm normally the person that would be saying something about rose tinted glasses and nostalgia but after Unity, FC4, DA: Inq, Driveclub, BF4, etc the last couple years the amount of completely broken AAA games being released is just nuts.

Their support sucks. They told me to get Windows 7, to run a game. Even Far Cry 1 runs on Windows 8.1

post-75265-0-91028300-1416610017.jpg

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

This game should just go like 90% off. It seems like the publishers only allowed their QA to test that much of the game... Possibly an exaggeration depending on how much more problems and stupid workarounds arise.

I laughed at the comment in the article "0 Friends Per Second is a cinematic experience" Probably just a number too. >.<

If they do have a QA department I'm sure they told the developers about all the bugs. The devs either didn't have time to fix them or were too lazy, I'm leaning on not enough time.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

First get offline, now delete your friends : Are you trying to make customers sociopaths, is that your ideal version of the consumer Ubi?

-------

Current Rig

-------

Im really not understanding how its even legal to sell a game with problems as bad as this and many recent AAA games.

This is what happens when you decide to trust Ubisoft with your patronage. 

How did this even pass QA. I don't even...

Ubisoft? QA? Nice joke.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)