AMD Radeon 390 and 390X Specs?

TOMPPIX

you can buy nzxt kraken x40 and some heat sinks for the vrm all around $50/60 i believe..

Like I said to another member this at this stage is too costly especially as a university student.

I have a feeling of that the R9 390x will beat GTX 980

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

you can buy nzxt kraken x40 and some heat sinks for the vrm all around $50/60 i believe..

Like I said to another member this at this stage is too costly especially as a university student.

I have a feeling of that the R9 390x will beat GTX 980

Yup, but I really hope it comes with a higher frame buffer. 8gb 980s will be better for Multi-GPU configs than 4gb r9 390xs

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

No. I'm not confused I have had multiple gcards and this one just isn't for me. Its too loud and hot especially when I want my case to be as cool as possible. I think you may be clouded by fanboyism?

well dont get the stock card but the r9 390x stock card is supposed to be liquid cooled so you wont have the loud and hot problem

my poor outdated 6950's lol... this is what happens when the money runs out xD

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Will I be able to use it to smelt aluminium?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Aye bought the stock cooler one and it's hot, loud and sucks power out of my PC like nobodies business. 

ugh u just reminded me of the GTX 480

i used it for a month and sold it

i learned to never ever buy a GPU with a stock cooler

my current GPU is a 570 with a 3 slot cooler (asus card)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

It's getting quite interesting . If AMD strikes with that performance ,NVIDIA will have to retaliate. Finally we'll get node shrink and price drops . Everybody wins . 

Well, except for consoles . It's a shame that Sony/MS didn't wait for 20nm . 

Although it's just speculations/rumors about all of this - the amount of leaks and rumors indicates that something is happening . I hope ...

I'm sure they will release 8GB versions along side the 4GB version. Just like they've started doing with the 290/X's.

With 1440 and 4k resolutions becoming more popular, they will need more Vram for sure.

Can't wait to see what these new 390/X's can do! :D

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Just keep and improve multi monitor ability with resolution mixing and ill get the 390!

Well I guess it is finally time for me to upgrade my 6870 lol

AMD Rig - (Upgraded): FX 8320 @ 4.8 Ghz, Corsair H100i GTX, ROG Crosshair V Formula, Ghz, 16 GB 1866 Mhz Ram, Msi R9 280x Gaming 3G @ 1150 Mhz, Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB, Win 10 Home

(My first Intel + Nvidia experience  - recently bought ) : MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G ( i7 6820HK, 16 GB RAM, 980M SLI, GSync, 1080p , 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD... FeelsGoodMan

well dont get the stock card but the r9 390x stock card is supposed to be liquid cooled so you wont have the loud and hot problem

True but for a card to come with liquid cooling is a warning sign for lack of heat dispersion without it or it was too hot any other way? Or am I wrong?

True but for a card to come with liquid cooling is a warning sign for lack of heat dispersion without it or it was too hot any other way? Or am I wrong?

A card with liquid cooling is a card with liquid cooling. If you think liquid cooling is a warning sign, then there is alot of pc builds with AIO and custom liquid cooling that are examples of warning signs. That doesn't make much sense.

I rather have AMD releasing them with AIO coolers then with the previous blower coolers. The rest of the manufacturers will bring the custom air cooling solutions after.

They have a contract with Asetek about aios

They might design aios from off the shelf parts easier and cheaper than AMD, so thet were like why not

also it dissipate the heat out of case much more effitiently than blower style fans

Winter is coming and AMD is coming up with new heat solutions...

Pure Gold.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

Why you say that? The 290 has one of the best price/performance ratios out there

im sure you just got confused by the amount of fanboys around the internet, the r290 is a beast!!! it will play games for at least 5more years at 1080p w/o any problems. the r290/x is $90-$100 cheaper than n970 and the difference are 3 to 7-8 fps. when it comes to power consumption the r290x runs about 365w when n980 305W so not much of a difference. remember the r290/x benefit is when you play on high res. Don't let ur self confused by this things, i still run a n280 others have even older than this lol...

And if you believe the rumours virtually every 300 series card is going to be running liquid coolers, which, if they don't do something about efficiency, then the rumours aren't too far fetched. If all you care about is performance, then sure. Otherwise, I think the lower power consumption and lower heat more than justify Nvidias higher price tag

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

im sure you just got confused by the amount of fanboys around the internet, the r290 is a beast!!! it will play games for at least 5more years at 1080p w/o any problems. the r290/x is $90-$100 cheaper than n970 and the difference are 3 to 7-8 fps. when it comes to power consumption the r290x runs about 365w when n980 305W so not much of a difference. remember the r290/x benefit is when you play on high res. Don't let ur self confused by this things, i still run a n280 others have even older than this lol...

That's 20% more watts...thanks for playing.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Jokeabouthowitwillheatyourhouse.jpg

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Agreed, W8.1 mostly rips the shit out of W7 performance in a lot of things.. does seem certainly stupid to not use 8.1

Mor epeople use 7 I would assume, 8/8.1 are done for already, and in a way you would understand that you're gonna get better results with a more optimized system, but you wouldn't know how much worse 7 is without testing.

That's 20% more watts...thanks for playing.

Pennies on the dollar. And if you're lucky you've got a power company relying heavily on solar like I do.

8.192 Teraflops of single precision compute, Dayum. I wonder how it folds.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

I am kind interested to see if Sapphire might do something creative with a custom liquid cooling loop for it or something. Or maybe they will just stick with the Vapor-x design. The vapor-x does look nice.

I really really really want to see a solution from AMD that just dominates. I don't know why, but I think it would be exciting! :D And also I would buy it for GTA5 haha.

// Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 // AMD FX-8320 CPU @ 4.3 Ghz (7-21.5 Multiplier) 200.90mhz FSB CPU-Z Validated // Kraken X40 AIO - 2x140mm Push-Pull // 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP - 8GB Avexir Core Series Red 1760Mhz // Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro 1130mhz/4GB 1025mhz (Effective) GPU-Z Validation // Corsair SP2500 2.1 & Microlab Solo 9C Speakers // Corsair K90 Silver - Cherry MX Red & Blue LEDs // EVGA SuperNova 850w G2

Winter is coming and AMD is coming up with new heat solutions...

You know what they say... If you can't stand the heat, don't be a pussy.