AMD Radeon 390 and 390X Specs?

TOMPPIX

over at the ranking system of SiSoft Sandra new entries have been spotted of what seem to be GPUs that we don't know of. And the specs are pretty appealing. Let's call the two entries the Radeon R9 390 and 390X for now (complete speculation of course). But the 390X entry would be a GPU with 4096 Shader Processors running / 64  Compute Units at 1GHz with 4GB of graphics memory running at 1.25GHz (= 5Gbps).

The 1 GHz would be a boost speed meaning the dynamic clock could hover in-between say 900 MHZ and that 1 GHz. The second entry shows a GPU which we will call the Radeon R9 390 at 3520 Shader Processors / 44 Compute Units. These obviously and very likely are engineering samples of some kind and whether or not these are TBA consumer desktop SKUs is unknown.

But fact is, these entries are there, meaning there is a Hawaii architecture based SKU in the works with 4096 and one with 3520 Shader processors running in the 1 GHz marker. The memory might seem to be clocked a little low, but we don't know the memory bus interface, heck if that is 512-bit it would be a chuck-load of band-with. But that again would be speculation.

390X http://www.sisoftware.eu/rank2011d/show_run.php?q=c2ffccfddbbadbe6deedd4e7d3f587ba8aacc9ac91a187f4c9f9&l=en

390 http://www.sisoftware.eu/rank2011d/show_run.php?q=c2ffccfddbbadbe6deeddaeed6f082bf8fa9cca994a482f1ccf4&l=en

5JEe7QQ.jpg that's a lot of stream processors on a single card

SOURCE

Winter is coming and AMD is coming up with new heat solutions...

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

Interesting. Like to see if this is true.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

They might be using HBM memory instead of GDDR5 .That may have something to do with the low memory clock.. Can't wait to see what AMD brings to the table.

-Snip-

TDP isn't measured in percentage.. but you probably knew that.

Altho If AMD release a beast monster, No doubt TDP is gunna be high (unless they shift to efficiency over raw performance)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

windows 6.1... thats windows 7

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

windows 6.1... thats windows 7

Windows 3.1 Running a VM of Windows 3.0 = Windows 6.1

j/k

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Windows 3.1 Running a VM of Windows 3.0 = Windows 6.1

j/k

har har   :P

it just seems odd that they would be using 7 for testing. I still use 7, but something about that raises a flag for me.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Just a correction, 1.25GHz doesn't equal 5Gbps. It's supposed to be 5GHz. NVIDIA seem to get mixed up with this too. :huh:

Ones a clock rate and one's a transfer speed. Get it right!

You couldn't say that

5x 1000KG = 5GHz

That's just stupid and massively incorrect! ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

har har   :P

it just seems odd that they would be using 7 for testing. I still use 7, but something about that throws me off here.

Agreed, W8.1 mostly rips the shit out of W7 performance in a lot of things.. does seem certainly stupid to not use 8.1

I was expecting more than 4GB of VRAM, maybe 6, or atleast 5, as it seems that developers are able to push the 4GB size. And aslo just because progress, ye!

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

W8.1 mostly rips the crap out of W7.

That sounds quite unpleasant, uncomfortable and very painful. :P:D JK

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

leaks now means the card is coming soon :)

my GTX 570 is screaming for mercy

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

TDP isn't measured in percentage.. but you probably knew that.

Altho If AMD release a beast monster, No doubt TDP is gunna be high (unless they shift to efficiency over raw performance)

Yeah, just messing about :)

I'm still excited for these cards, I really want AMD to do well.

I don't know, I have a r9 290 and it was my worst gcard purchase yet. I'll probably go with nvidias next batch of releases.

Why you say that? The 290 has one of the best price/performance ratios out there

Aye bought the stock cooler one and it's hot, loud and sucks power out of my PC like nobodies business. 

I don't know, I have a r9 290 and it was my worst gcard purchase yet. I'll probably go with nvidias next batch of releases.

im sure you just got confused by the amount of fanboys around the internet, the r290 is a beast!!! it will play games for at least 5more years at 1080p w/o any problems. the r290/x is $90-$100 cheaper than n970 and the difference are 3 to 7-8 fps. when it comes to power consumption the r290x runs about 365w when n980 305W so not much of a difference. remember the r290/x benefit is when you play on high res. Don't let ur self confused by this things, i still run a n280 others have even older than this lol...

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

im sure you just got confused by the amount of fanboys around the internet, the r290 is a beast!!! it will play games for at least 5more years at 1080p w/o any problems. the r290/x is $90-$100 cheaper than n970 and the difference are 3 to 7-8 fps. when it comes to power consumption the r290x runs about 365w when n980 305W so not much of a difference. remember the r290/x benefit is when you play on high res. Don't let ur self confused by this things, i still run a n280 others have even older than this lol...

No. I'm not confused I have had multiple gcards and this one just isn't for me. Its too loud and hot especially when I want my case to be as cool as possible. I think you may be clouded by fanboyism?

No. I'm not confused I have had multiple gcards and this one just isn't for me. Its too loud and hot especially when I want my case to be as cool as possible. I think you may be clouded by fanboyism?

Give me the shipping fees + the amount of money you think is alright and you can have one of my spare tri-x coolers.

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

Aye bought the stock cooler one and it's hot, loud and sucks power out of my PC like nobodies business. 

you can buy nzxt kraken x40 and some heat sinks for the vrm all around $50/60 i believe..

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

Give me the shipping fees + the amount of money you think is alright and you can have one of my spare tri-x coolers.

I think the price of such a task would be too costly.