Need help on 3 potential monitor choices: KTC, AOC, and KOORUI

VinSen

I have roughly 3 monitors I'm looking to get as a primary monitor for gaming and creation. I'm unsure as which ones are best for the prices and performance. Ideally I'm looking for a minimum 144hz 1440p 24 inch monitor, but I've only seen one. My specifics are seemingly uncommon? However if you think I should downscale to 1080p 144hz+ 24 inch, I would like to know too. If I'm not mistaken knowing the GPU is important and I'm gonna use this with a  Zotac Gaming Trinity Geforce RTX 4070 Ti Super 16 GB and a Ryzen 7800x3d CPU. So based on those things here are the monitors I'm considering. Additionally, wanna know if there have been any issues that show over time, or any chronic issues you have experienced with these monitors. I don't want to buy one and have it die out 7 months from now.

KOORUI 27-inch Gaming Monitor 144Hz QHD(2560 x 1440p) 2K, 1ms, HDR10, DCI-P3 90% Color Gamut, Adaptive G-Sync, FreeSync Premium, HDMI x 2, DisplayPort, BlackKOORUI 27-inch Gaming Monitor 144Hz QHD(2560 x 1440p) 2K, 1ms, HDR10, DCI-P3 90% Color Gamut, Adaptive G-Sync, FreeSync Premium, HDMI x 2, DisplayPort, Black ($149 @Amazon)

KTC 24 inch Monitor, Fast IPS 1080p 144Hz 165Hz 1ms, 125.25% sRGB, HDR, Borderless Gaming Monitor PC Monitor, FreeSync Premium & G-Sync, HDMI 2.0x2, DP1.4x2, Vesa Support, Eye Care for GamersKTC 24 inch Monitor, Fast IPS 1080p 144Hz 165Hz 1ms, 125.25% sRGB, HDR, Borderless Gaming Monitor PC Monitor, FreeSync Premium & G-Sync, HDMI 2.0x2, DP1.4x2, Vesa Support, Eye Care for Gamers ($109 @Amazon)

AOC Q27G2S 27" Gaming Monitor, QHD 2K 2560x1440, 165Hz 1ms, G-SYNC Compatible, Height Adjustable, 3-Year Zero-Bright-dot,Black AOC Q27G2S 27" Gaming Monitor, QHD 2K 2560x1440, 165Hz 1ms, G-SYNC Compatible, Height Adjustable, 3-Year Zero-Bright-dot,Black (This one is $249 @Amazon but the size difference changes quality and price. The 24' is $145, and the 27'' $164)

Thank you for your advice and time!

I wouldn't get anything under 27 inch and 1440p. Suggested a friend 32inch 1440p 144 hz display couple of years back and he is really happy with it.
Get display from reputable brand, AOC is only one I know that you listed.

Based that you lsted amazon.com I think you are from USA and suggesting to get something from BestBuy OpenBOX section.

15 hours ago, VinSen said:

AOC Q27G2S 27" Gaming Monitor, QHD 2K 2560x1440, 165Hz 1ms, G-SYNC Compatible, Height Adjustable, 3-Year Zero-Bright-dot,Black AOC Q27G2S 27" Gaming Monitor, QHD 2K 2560x1440, 165Hz 1ms, G-SYNC Compatible, Height Adjustable, 3-Year Zero-Bright-dot,Black (This one is $249 @Amazon but the size difference changes quality and price. The 24' is $145, and the 27'' $164)

The $164   27" is different panel, VA & 1920x1080

The 27"   with 2560x1440 IPS panel is $249

And I personally wouldn't go 24" for 2560x1440

If we assume AOC will honor their word when it's about warranty claim, the warranty scheme they're giving is pretty good IMO.

image.png.9744afc8e37b8fee2771a4c72c9e33d3.png

The color gamut seems better too

https://aoc.com/uk/gaming/products/monitors/q27g2s-eu/specification

image.thumb.png.115fd6b0e5805d92c883e8a53c54061f.png

I don't know much about KOORUI and KTC, there is some of their product in my local e-market, but pretty sure they don't have any HQ or Service Center here.

So IMHO, at the very least you should check whether or not you can claim warranty easily for their product, in your country.

I mean... would suck if you need to send the monitor to let's say... china.

And I sure love how I can't find monitor that looks like how it looks on the amazon page, or the same spec atleast, so I can take a look at more in dept specification............... in Koorui's own website...

/s

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

20 hours ago, Likwid said:

I wouldn't get anything under 27 inch and 1440p. Suggested a friend 32inch 1440p 144 hz display couple of years back and he is really happy with it.
Get display from reputable brand, AOC is only one I know that you listed.

Based that you lsted amazon.com I think you are from USA and suggesting to get something from BestBuy OpenBOX section.

I see, can I ask why? I thought "optimal" monitors were smaller because of the PPI being more so things are clearer. Pairing that with high refresh rates, I'm surprised that more companies aren't trying to have a 1440, high refresh rate and small monitor to at least 24''. Maybe too niche? For me an issue is desk space, as I currently have a 32 inch 60hz monitor that's just taking up too much room, so that's in part why I'm hoping for a 24'' haha. At this point would just a monitor arm help with this?

20 hours ago, Poinkachu said:

The $164   27" is different panel, VA & 1920x1080

The 27"   with 2560x1440 IPS panel is $249

And I personally wouldn't go 24" for 2560x1440

If we assume AOC will honor their word when it's about warranty claim, the warranty scheme they're giving is pretty good IMO.

image.png.9744afc8e37b8fee2771a4c72c9e33d3.png

The color gamut seems better too

https://aoc.com/uk/gaming/products/monitors/q27g2s-eu/specification

image.thumb.png.115fd6b0e5805d92c883e8a53c54061f.png

I don't know much about KOORUI and KTC, there is some of their product in my local e-market, but pretty sure they don't have any HQ or Service Center here.

So IMHO, at the very least you should check whether or not you can claim warranty easily for their product, in your country.

I mean... would suck if you need to send the monitor to let's say... china.

And I sure love how I can't find monitor that looks like how it looks on the amazon page, or the same spec atleast, so I can take a look at more in dept specification............... in Koorui's own website...

/s

I see thank you for your input! I saw a few months ago that Koorui got people to talk about a cheap monitor that I guess worked well for less than 100 bucks. 1080 high refresh. But I wanna make sure that Koorui or even KTC or AOC aren't gonna flop out on me 7 months or even a year in. Good catch on the warranty too! I totally forgot about that as an aspect to look into... Thank you! Do you have any personal recommendations? I hear ASUS has been a pretty reliable brand for monitors?

2 hours ago, VinSen said:

I see thank you for your input! I saw a few months ago that Koorui got people to talk about a cheap monitor that I guess worked well for less than 100 bucks. 1080 high refresh.

I can see myself buying KOORUI monitors if I ever need a 2nd monitor so I can look at guides and whatever while playing or something. (cuz it's cheap).

But then again if its just for that purpose I can also buy a 10.5" android tablet and use that. 🤣

Mind you, I'm a little bias due to it's warranty is kinda questionable / a mystery in my country.

Anyway, I certainly won't expect much on the so called "1 ms". Since AFAIK even on a big brand monitor, it consist on putting the monitor in highest overdrive mode, which often have a "cost" etc.

here's an example, my monitor

Video below is timestamped to when it shows chart for tested response time.

But I wanna make sure that Koorui or even KTC or AOC aren't gonna flop out on me 7 months or even a year in

IMHO, no one will be able to guarantee you that, even for very known brand's monitor. Why? because factory defects does exist, and shit happens sometimes.

Hence why there's warranty and why we like brands that are known to honor it well.

But yeah, even claiming warranty on a brand that honors their word can be tedious and takes time, which I'm sure peoples prefer to avoid if possible.

Logically, when a brand decides on a warranty period, they tested some units and expect the rest of the batch can last at the very least up to that much weeks/months/years.

Because if there's many unit that doesn't meet that expectation, they will lose a lot of money to replace those under warranty units (If we assume they honor their word of course).

But yep, as I said previously, sometimes shit happens, and some unlucky blokes will get way less than prime unit.

Do you have any personal recommendations? I hear ASUS has been a pretty reliable brand for monitors?

I don't change monitor nor watch monitor review much to recommend. I only watch a shit ton of monitor review when I'm in need to buy one.

Plus I'm more to a color quality person (hence why I picked my current monitor)

Watch reviews, see which one fits your need / want, and see if you can live with it's downsides (if any).

https://www.youtube.com/@monitorsunboxed

https://www.youtube.com/@Hardwareunboxed
https://www.youtube.com/@BijanJamshidi

I watched those two a lot back then.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

3 hours ago, VinSen said:

I see, can I ask why? I thought "optimal" monitors were smaller because of the PPI being more so things are clearer. Pairing that with high refresh rates, I'm surprised that more companies aren't trying to have a 1440, high refresh rate and small monitor to at least 24''. Maybe too niche? For me an issue is desk space, as I currently have a 32 inch 60hz monitor that's just taking up too much room, so that's in part why I'm hoping for a 24'' haha. At this point would just a monitor arm help with this?

It depends on your eyes and distance from display.

For example I have 8k60 55 inch tv running at 4k120hz and I'm sitting 1.2m away from it, I can't see any pixels. No real reason to go higher resolution if you can't see difference. For me 24 inches are too small, need atleast 2 displayd to work or one 32inch 1440p is enough.