You know you're a techie when. . .

Some items:

Samsung Chromebook 11.6

AlphaSmart Dana

Lots of books

Some water

NO! I don't want to double-post!

the size of my bag (35 liters) is the biggest reason it's so heavy (I can easily carry all of my books, my jacket and a laptop inside of it)

Lord Pantaloons, on 30 Nov 2014 - 7:32 PM, said: If Lawrence leaves his house and travels at a constant 40 MPH. How long will it take Bill from next door to shove a banana up his mom's rectum?

FX-6300Gigabyte R9 270X 4 GB OCWD Blue 1 TBCorsair Carbide 300RArctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev. 2Silverstone Strider Essential 500WAsus M5A97 R2.0Dell P2314HYamaha HTR-5740Mordaunt-Short Avant 309iSuperlux HD-668 BCooler Master CM Storm Quickfire UltimateGigabyte M6900Oneplus One 64 GB

Moment when friends never get around to showing the insides of their pc's.  :(

People think they can be my friend by saying they have a monster computer, but no.  What makes someone be a great friend is the ability to talk about new computer parts and know about LTT.

Because he had a hard drive.

when you open up every broken hard drive

when you open up old computers/and hardrives

when you get annoyed when some asks me for help to fix there computer multiple times

when you have a monitor with no finger prints

when you always do homework on a computer and never on paper

When you have a box full of VGA, DVI, HDMI, power calbes, sata cables, molex adapters, and other assorted cables.

When you have a closet full of cardboard boxes from past purchases.

When you own multiple cans of compressed air.

When you have a bag full of zip-ties and screws for multiple parts of your PC.

When you're on the LinusTechTips forum instead of working like you should.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

When you start making sexual jokes with a non-tech savy female like.....

You're like my homework. Something that I take home from school, slam on the desk, and do at night. :wub:

Your port barely fit my u...s....b..

I should just stop here LOL

when you have more than 20 Philips screwdrivers 

CPU:AMD FX-8320, RAM:Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600, GPU:MSI Radeon R9 280, Case:Cooler Master 690 III, PSU:Thermaltake Smart 650W

Storage:WD Purple 1TB, CPU Cooler:Hyper 212 EVO, Keyboard:SCI Granite, OS:win 8.1 64bit, Display:Samsung SyncMaster SA100, Mouse:CM Storm Spawn

When you cry whenever you see a PC running Vista...

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

When you're on the LinusTechTips forum instead of working like you should.

I should be doing research on north korea right now..

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

when you never delete the installers after installing "just in case."

When you have a dedicated room just for the tech stuff you've gathered over the years.

When you have to make every computer you use faster than before you used it.

When you have a stack of install discs for various linux distros.

When you have broken computer parts from 1998 still saved "for later."

when you can't find another person to talk with who's "on your tech level."

When you don't have antivirus installed and still have never gotten a virus.

When you overclock a pc from 2003 just for fun

When it drives you crazy to see people throw away a 3 year old pc because "its slow."

That's all i can think of right now. :D

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

when you have to know the specs of what you are using no matter what (pc,laptop,phone,anything)

when you have a massive box from a tv  filled with cables and hardware

when you expalin something to someone ,they are amazed about what you know,and what they can do with this knowledge,they want to remember but they can't

when you want to stress test everything and undervolt or overclock them 

When your Linux server doubles as your alarmclock.  :v  And not only does it play music at a different time each day (depending on which class you have to wake up for :P), it also talks afterwards, telling you the date, time, and year.  As well as reminds you 40 minutes before your first class starts, telling you which class you have and which room it's in.  :P

(I run multiple virtual servers on my server, and the host OS (Ubuntu Server 14.04) runs my alarm clock)

As well as when you have an entire shed filled with computer parts you found on the side of the road or in electronics recycling drop offs (found a plasma screen TV there once, only had to replace two capacitors and it works just like new other than the little bit of burn-in it has :P).

And when you have a computer lab with 6 computers in that same shed to play the game "Artimis: Spaceship Bridge Simulator".  And you only have to turn one computer on which then sends a WoL packet to all the other computers and turns everything on (that computer can also be turned on from my phone :P).  And upon shutting down that computer it SSH's into all the other computers to shut them down as well.  And they all have "wireless" Internet via a Linksys router with DD-WRT (that's been wirelessly bridged with the other router in my house).

You check the specs of every computer that you go on, no matter where or what it is.

LOL IKR. been doing this every day when in computing class ( even though these are GCSE coursework lessons). i found out that the PCs run IvyBridge i3s and have 4GB RAM and 500GB HDD

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

someone asks you a simple question and you go into a complicated answer that goes beyond what that person can understand. 

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

When I was able to by pass my schools Firewall without the use of a proxy.

This, essentially

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

This, essentially

How+bees+make+honey+yourinvisiblegf+post

I love honey, don't you?

Because he had a hard drive.

You go and tell your dad about new tech even though he probably doesn't understand what you're saying, because you are too exited and you need to share your exitement.

That doesn't work for me.... 

Me: Dad, im getting a asus strix gtx 970 next year.

Dad: No. 

Me: Why?

Dad: because the rule is you can't buy something better than me without buying me something better first. 

Me: ....

(he has two 660's in SLI.. he wants two 970s) 

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

When you spend biology classes setting up your linux laptop (or even your pc)

Lord Pantaloons, on 30 Nov 2014 - 7:32 PM, said: If Lawrence leaves his house and travels at a constant 40 MPH. How long will it take Bill from next door to shove a banana up his mom's rectum?

FX-6300Gigabyte R9 270X 4 GB OCWD Blue 1 TBCorsair Carbide 300RArctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev. 2Silverstone Strider Essential 500WAsus M5A97 R2.0Dell P2314HYamaha HTR-5740Mordaunt-Short Avant 309iSuperlux HD-668 BCooler Master CM Storm Quickfire UltimateGigabyte M6900Oneplus One 64 GB

You can't find a USB stick and resort to an old harddrive and a USB to IDE adapter.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.