Why do americans eat so many burgers?

xXxYOLOxSWAGxXx_420BlazeIt

Just curious. Serious answers only please.

Why do people call them hamburgers? they are made from beef not pork.

well because they are cheap in the US but i wouldn't know much all i know is that the US mcdonalds is a lot cheaper than in europe 

Specs: AMD FX 6300 @ 4ghz, Asus R9 270 OC, 8gb Corsair xms3, Cooler Master GX 550w PSU, WD 500 blue, Gigabyte  GA-970A-DS3

fast and cheap

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Judging by this it's because they have amazing burgers

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

As a kid I used to favor hotdogs over burgers.  I later realized this was because many cheap homemade burgers with cheap meat had a lot of gristle.  

Now I realize burgers are the second greatest food invention of the past thousand years.  Right after the combination of peanut butter and chocolate.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

They like eating them?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Pulling the stereotypes out of your ass as usual?

And the name comes from Hamburg, Germany, where hamburg steaks evolved into the current hamburger.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

well because they are cheap in the US but i wouldn't know much all i know is that the US mcdonalds is a lot cheaper than in europe 

i love your avatar , also happy 500th post , you can change from member to what you want now

Because they taste good, and you can get them for cheaper than a "healthy" salad. We call them hamburgers, because obviously, it's 'Merica. That being said, I rarely get the chance to go to fast food restaurants, I love my mom's home-cooked Mexican food.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Because it's delicious?

I'm not from Murica but my first choice when ordering food is burger..

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Because they're delicious, easy to make, and comparatively cheap. I pay about $5.50/lb ground sirloin. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

They're cheap and have a taste which is easy to adapt to. They're mainly made up of this pink slime shit. 

McDonalds-2-2-12-.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACH

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

The fast food in America looks 10x nicer than any fast food i have seen in the UK.. 

The fast food in America looks 10x nicer than any fast food i have seen in the UK.. 

Its literally the same except we use EU-approved ingredients (which will change once UKIP come to power), and refined cane sugar instead of HFCS.

They taste amazing, especially when you do it right.

I cook all my hamburgers on my charcoal grill. I start with 80/20 fresh never frozen ground beef, and while I don't add pork because I typically put bacon as a topping, if you add a little bit of pork to the meat it makes it taste amazing. It's basically cheating at cooking. I go for about medium (some pink). I butter and toast my buns, and fry up some bacon slowly and don't overcook it. You don't need to go for super crispy (aka overcooked) on the bacon because they're a topping, but they do need to be cooked fully. Lower heat is ideal for this. So now we have perfectly cooked burgers, bacon, and buttered and toasted buns. I add some cream cheese and hot pepper jelly and voila. The best burger I've ever tasted, and I can make them myself in 20 minutes (not including getting the coals ready) for pretty darn cheap. Better than restaurant quality for basically what amounts to $2 a burger. Fast food restaurants, eat your heart out. (I never eat at fast food unless it's after a sporting event or I'm on a several hour road trip)

That's why I love burgers.

edit: just to clarify, I do this at least every other week for a total of 4 burgers every other week. Delicious. And no, I don't share.

Edited by Lotus

They taste amazing, especially when you do it right.

I cook all my hamburgers on my charcoal grill. I start with 80/20 fresh never frozen ground beef, and while I don't add pork because I typically put bacon as a topping, if you add a little bit of pork to the meat it makes it taste amazing. It's basically cheating at cooking. I go for about medium (some pink). I butter and toast my buns, and fry up some bacon slowly and don't overcook it. You don't need to go for super crispy (aka overcooked) on the bacon because they're a topping, but they do need to be cooked fully. Lower heat is ideal. So now we have perfectly cooked burgers, bacon, and buttered and toasted buns. I add some cream cheese and hot pepper jelly and voila. The best burger I've ever tasted, and I can make them myself in 20 minutes (not including getting the coals ready) for pretty darn cheap. Better than restaurant quality for basically what amounts to $2 a burger.

That's why I love burgers.

God damnit, look what you've done. Now my mouth is fucking watering, curse you.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Youre saying that Americans are poor and impatient?

no im saying convenience usually trumps everything else. so yeah a little of both

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Because they are tasty.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

its actually texans that eat a ton of hamburgers

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Pulling the stereotypes out of your ass as usual?

And the name comes from Hamburg, Germany, where hamburg steaks evolved into the current hamburger.

I was about to say the same thing (both statements really).

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"