Apple is reportedly considering charging $400 for its wearable device

Bloodyvalley
A report by Recode today claims that Apple executives have discussed pricing its wearable device at $400, but haven’t finalized it yet, and may not set the price before Apple’s September event.

Samsung’s Galaxy Gear 2 watch retails $300 outright and Android Wear devices sell on the Play Store for around $200, which would put the rumored Apple wearable at the high end of the market.

Another report by Recode claims that the wearable may be unveiled at Apple’s September 9 event but won’t ship to consumers until sometime in 2015.

We still don’t know much about what the rumored device actually does, but it’s likely we’ll get at least a preview at Apple’s event.

lmfao, $400 for a watch.

no thanks Apple

I'll just wait until smart watch devices are <150 and actually good.

Diamond 5 in League :)

Actually it would be smart, soooooooooo many hipsters use iphones and will only be able to use the iwatch so they can charge what they want, personllay im waiting for a smart watch that can be used well on its own, with a aux jack

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

200 for a watch no thanks just pull the phone out of your pocket

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

I expect them to price it at $300 the most. I do not expect them to go below $250.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Well if it is good then it could be worth it.

Only if it has a camera in it so people can instagram their food, otherwise whats the point? 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Unless google make a nexus-like android wear device, samsung will f-up and release 20 all of which will be sub-par, htc can't afford to, LG will put buttons on the back and sony will release a decent smartwatch at a decent price but it will never be released over to you americans and thus wont be relevant.

Apple will make an expensive luxury usable item.

Come on moto 360, you are our only hope

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.

Was there ever any belief that they would charge less than $400?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Samsung’s Galaxy Gear 2 watch retails $300 outright and Android Wear devices sell on the Play Store for around $200, which would put the rumored Apple wearable at the high end of the market.

What a load of bullshit!

High Price =/= High End.

Fuck people that spread this sort of stuff around. That's how you end up with a bunch of pseudo techy kidos that diss any reason because they spent cash.

It's not going to be $400. It's like when they said the iPad would be $1000. I bet this rumor was placed.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

$400 is a bit much... not sure if i'll bite

will android watches ever work for iOS devices? the Moto 360 and LG Watch R looks really nice and are much more affordable

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

Unless google make a nexus-like android wear device, samsung will f-up and release 20 all of which will be sub-par, htc can't afford to, LG will put buttons on the back and sony will release a decent smartwatch at a decent price but it will never be released over to you americans and thus wont be relevant.

Apple will make an expensive luxury usable item.

Come on moto 360, you are our only hope

Well actually, LG's new smartwatch looks pretty damn good.

lg_g_watch_r1.jpg?w=704

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Well actually, LG's new smartwatch looks pretty damn good.

Looks just like a watch to me...

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

pshh for that money its worth putting my damn hand into my pocket to pull out my already annoying apple device thats in there.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)