LTTAnimeClubHeavenSociety-Header.png

Week 16 is upon us. Its now time to decide which anime the club should watch and discuss this week. The poll will be active for 48hrs-ish.

Kill la Kill
Current

This was suggested by @Vitalius saying "Where do I start? Tons of anime/video game references, an over-the-top anime like Gurren Lagann, and art like you'd never believe. This is a great show. I should finish it one day (stopped at episode 22 of 24. I always do this for no particular reason.)"

Ryuuko Matoi is a vagrant school girl traveling from place to place searching for clues to the truth behind her father's death—the "woman with the scissor blade." The journey has led Ryuuko to Honnouji Academy.

Honnouji Academy—where an elite group of students is granted superhuman power by their special uniforms called the "Goku uniform." With the power of the uniform, the student body president, Satsuki Kiryuin rules the students with unquestioned power and fear.

Satsuki holds the secret to the "scissor blade" and Ryuuko confronts Satsuki to gain information but... Was their encounter a mere coincidence or fate? The clash between the two will soon consume the whole academy!
Read more at MAL

LTTAnimeClub-KilllaKill.png

ANN | MAL | IMDb

Yozakura Quartet
Recent

This was suggested by @Purple Spy saying "Characters are awesome, kotohas power is probably the coolest thing ever. Great action and an good story." Although it was technical a suggestion for the second season I assume the fist is what was intended to be included with that.

When demons walk the streets, the cops need to recruit more demons!

In a town where humans and demons co-exist, it takes more than a normal police force to maintain the peace. Enter the Hiizumi Life Counseling Office, a fantastic foursome of unique teenagers, each gifted with an amazing super power! Since it sometimes takes real demon-fire to fight demon fire, the first three quarters of the team aren't exactly human: Ao, a cat-eared telepath; Kotoha, a half-human conjuror; and Hime, descended from a dragon (and the town's acting mayor), all of whom also happen to be delightfully female.

Rounding out the group is the token male and human, Akina, the office director and "Oyakume," capable of banishing spirits permanently (and from their point of view quite fatally) via a process called tuning. They may not look as impressive as some other superhero teams, and they certainly don't have the most dynamic name ever, but come hell hounds or high water, but they will defend their city!
Read more at MAL

LTTAnimeClub-YozakuraQuartet.png

ANN | MAL | IMDb

Tiger & Bunny
Post-2007

This was suggested by @frustratedrocka saying "Action, comedy, shonen. What happens when Japan puts out a story about American style superheroes. Quite well done. Available on Hulu, I think."

Sternbild City is home to people called "Next," who use their special abilities to protect the people as superheroes. These heroes solve cases and save lives so they can wear sponsor logos or acquire "hero points." Their activities are documented on the popular program "Hero TV," which picks the "King of Heroes" in a yearly ranking. The veteran hero Wild Tiger has always preferred to work alone, but now he's been assigned the rookie Barnaby Brooks Jr., who has a different perspective on being a superhero.
Read more at ANN

LTTAnimeClub-TigerandBunny.png

ANN | MAL | IMDb

Desert Punk
Pre-2007

This was suggested by @Vitalius saying "It's like Trigun, but more Comedy and less Action. Intended to be silly, at least imo, I enjoyed it because of it's crude humor."

It was also suggested by @GloriousPain saying "made me laugh and laugh and laugh it's just got a perfect set of humor for the show however I have a feeling it's a kind of humor that's not too abundant here"

In the future, Japan is a wasteland. In the Great Kanto Desert, scattered humans eke out a living in the hot sand. Among them, a short-statured man they call "Sunabozu" makes a living as a bounty hunter. Like a demon of the sand, he seems unbeatable. Yet, like all men, he has a particular weakness for the opposite sex...
-from ANN

LTTAnimeClub-DesertPunk.png

ANN | MAL | IMDb

Valkyria Chronicles
Random

This was suggested by @RainColt saying "I've played the game and loved it, it's the reason I want to buy a new playstation 3, I never finished the game because it lacks an autosave feature which I was at a difficult part that I had to keep playing over and over again because I kept on forgetting that the game doesn't save itself after each battle but I love the game it's really good and if you have a ps3 and are looking for a great game for cheap pick up Valyria Chronicles, that being said I know that the game spawned an anime series which I've been meaning to watch but just haven't yet so if it gets picked I'll have a reason to watch it."

Valkyria Chronicles is set in a fictitious continent reminiscent of 1930s Europe. The continent, called Europa, is divided into two main powers: The Imperial Empire, a monarchy in the east, and the alliance of democracies called the Federation in the west. In this world, there is a very important resource called ragnite; its uses range from fueling weapons of war to use in medical treatments. Since ragnite is such an important resource, the Federation and the Empire are constantly at war with each other for it.

The story takes place in the neutral country of Gallia, known for its bountiful reserves of ragnite, when the Empire decides to invade and seize the ragnite for themselves. The story follows Welkin, the son of a former war hero; Isara, Welkin's Darcsen adoptive sister; and Alicia, a member of the Bruhl town watch, as they fight the Imperials in the ragtag Gallian militia group, Squad 7.

Squad 7 fights to regain their homes and livelihoods with Welkin as the squad leader and commander of the Edelweiss tank; Alicia as a scout; Isara as the pilot of the Edelweiss, and a variety of colorful individuals.
Read more at MAL

LTTAnimeClub-ValkyriaChronicles.png

ANN | MAL | IMDb

@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @ @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0 @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @ThyFeared @wng_kingsley7

If you're interested in becoming a member please head over to the main club thread for more information.

This is a poll that is created from a list of suggested anime from the Anime Suggestion Submission thread. If there is any anime you think the club should watch and discuss please suggest it there.

Whoo, new poll. This time I legit dont know what to choose.

Valkyria...

It seems to fit my interests...

and those interest are? :^P

Well didn't manage to finish the last two weeks because other anime took my attention but I'm free again, I gotta vote chronicles just because I've been meaning to watch it.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

jk...

lolis, tsunderes, harems, military stuff

not lolis, lolis, lolis, and more lolis?

not lolis, lolis, lolis, and more lolis?

I  like the sound of that... But 'legal lolis' only though...

VC was my favourite game on the PS3 until the last of us happened enjoyable even if you have not played it

I  like the sound of that... But 'legal lolis' only though...

So the one that are old and look young? because technically another kinda would be those that are young but lets just say well developed.

its all questionable

Oh I agree. I do, I do.

its all questionable

I know...

So the one that are old and look young? because technically another kinda would be those that are young but lets just say well developed.

Not exactly old... Basically my age give or take 4 years... And well developed is fine too...

I know...

Not exactly old... Basically my age give or take 4 years... And well developed is fine too...

not sure if the fact that i don't know your age helps or makes that worse

not sure if the fact that i don't know your age helps or makes that worse

I'm between 18 and 500 years old...

HInt: It's 22

ah yeah, it didnt win..i ended up watching though :)

I know i did the same lol along with like 75% of the anime that have been in the polls

I know...

old as in legal and not "japan legal"

ah yeah, it didnt win..i ended up watching though :)

I really should finish it...

I know i did the same lol along with like 75% of the anime that have been in the polls

:P

Kill la Kill, never watched it but my friend s totes recommended it

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Valkyria Chronicles i played the game and like it 

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

Kill la Kill, never watched it but my friend s totes recommended it

Its a classic style anime directed right at the otaku. it pulls so much from everywhere. I dont know if you would call it a nostalgia trip but that what im using until someone presents the proper word/phrase.