Phanteks previewed their new Mini XL and Evolv case

PRAISE GABEN

holy hell, those case takes it to a new level in flexibility, also mini XL has to be the smallest case that fits dual systems, phanteks is becoming the new corsair in the case deparment 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

holy hell, those case takes it to a new level in flexibility, also mini XL has to be the smallest case that fits dual systems, phanteks is becoming the new corsair in the case deparment 

I was like Slick and wasn't really wow'd by many cases on the market. Especially having an matx board, that limits options even more. This case actually wow'd me and I want the mini XL so bad. The wide as all balls Node 804 doesn't even support tall heatsinks in spite of being so deep. If this thing supports my Enermax Black Twister tower (165mm)..take my money.

Seriously the Enthoo Mini XL internal layout is very impressive for a dual system capable! That replaceable rear panel and the side mounted thick rad are just too awesome.So much temptation..Must...resist..

Wished there is more colour options.

The Enthoo mini XL is mine :D

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Mini XL is the worst name for a case, it's like saying "It's small but it's extra large too."

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I'm glad to see more micro atx cases. Badass. I feel like micro atx is a neglected form factor. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Mini XL is the worst name for a case, it's like saying "It's small but it's extra large too."

Yeah, an extra large mini case... Someone in marketing didn't see the oxymoron -__- wow

I love you Phanteks. :wub:

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Yeah, an extra large mini case... Someone in marketing didn't see the oxymoron -__- wow

Dammit oxymoron was the word I was looking for....!

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

@LinusTech @Slick Review these cases please. And hold George's feet to the fire.

Dayem these look good. I have an ATX motherboard, so I'll stick with the Enthoo Pro when it comes out. But holy crap man. Phanteks is bringing their A game yet again.

Second video, 30sec in: The front panel dust filter is removed the same way that so many cases remove the bottom dust filters. Why didn't I think of that? Why didn't anyone else think of that? That is brilliant. So easy. None of those stupid metal tabs you have to fold. No stupid fragile plastic clips or anything.

I'm usually not a fan of top mounted PSUs nowadays, but I have absolutely no issues with this way of doing it.

Holy shit, that radiator support. That dual motherboard support. The HAF Stacker is in trouble. Everyone is in trouble.

And to the people saying Mini XL doesn't make sense: The idea is that it is large but only supports motherboards smaller than ATX. I heard it described as the 900D of mATX.

Do we have a Phanteks Rep on this forum?

-snip-

In my opinion, Corsair needs to up their game cause Phanteks is coming up with good ideas and for nice prices.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

In my opinion, Corsair needs to up their game cause Phanteks is coming up with good ideas and for nice prices.

Definitely. I hope you don't think I disagreed with this.

Anyone know the prices of these new cases? If the Pro is going for $90/$100, we might expect these to come at the $70 mark, seriously challenging Entry level cases from Corsair and Cooler Master. Why get a piddly 200R when you can spend $10 or $20 more for one of these?

EDIT: These might be the mATX and mITX Primo's, so to speak. Now that the R&D has been done, we might see the Pro (in other words, the cheaper versions of these) come out some time later with the competitive price. Given these cases have aluminium construction, I doubt they will be below $150.

Corsair has never really had their game, they're just in for profits and cash from branding. That's why they partnered with Flextronics to bring the AX1500i into market hoping they can sell their cheaper heap of shits. (Not the AX)

see the 800D? Heap of shit couldn't WC properly without modding because the area below the midplate was so tight limiting you to a 360 rad like slick's. Not the best idea if you are going to spend that amount of money even in the period it was released.

And the 900D is rather disappointing as it costs a bomb and getting a caselabs would have been much better spent since a CL is full aluminium and a 900D is not.

Definitely. I hope you don't think I disagreed with this.

Anyone know the prices of these new cases? If the Pro is going for $90/$100, we might expect these to come at the $70 mark, seriously challenging Entry level cases from Corsair and Cooler Master. Why get a piddly 200R when you can spend $10 or $20 more for one of these?

EDIT: These might be the mATX and mITX Primo's, so to speak. Now that the R&D has been done, we might see the Pro (in other words, the cheaper versions of these) come out some time later with the competitive price. Given these cases have aluminium construction, I doubt they will be below $150.

Is the mini xl full alu? I don't think so ...

-snip-

Good or not Corsair cases do sell a lot, because of its branding? probably, at least I'm not into their cases, I don't find them that great for the price, just my opinion.

Corsair has never really had their game, they're just in for profits and cash from branding. That's why they partnered with Flextronics to bring the AX1500i into market hoping they can sell their cheaper heap of shits. (Not the AX)

see the 800D? Heap of shit couldn't WC properly without modding because the area below the midplate was so tight limiting you to a 360 rad like slick's. Not the best idea if you are going to spend that amount of money even in the period it was released.

And the 900D is rather disappointing as it costs a bomb and getting a caselabs would have been much better spent since a CL is full aluminium and a 900D is not.

Is the mini xl full alu? I don't think so ...

corsair sells because of its quality imho. They are all jacked up on that clean look (well mainly the obsidian series). The 800d was what started it all (modern case design)...... The case deserves credit, the 900d however was a dissapointment (wayy too massive, kinda like the cosmos 2)

With respect to these cases,,,,,EH

I Mean the mini xl is ugly as fuck with the plastic front and the fanholes in the sidepanel and also from the first video with the closeup of the case, the front looked cheap. The design of the inside was pretty amazing. To be able to fit all that functionality into such a small formfactor. I do believe that if the case was wide enough to fit an itx board with enough space for an expansion card all ontop of the psu then they should've made this case an atx formfactor and have 2 separate compartments like the corsair air 540.

The evolv reminds me of the silverstone ft-03 but with actual functional while still remaining beautiful like the ft-03 

I do believe that if the case was wide enough to fit an itx board with enough space for an expansion card all ontop of the psu then they should've made this case an atx formfactor and have 2 separate compartments like the corsair air 540.

Yuck, cube cases... also there is already the Enthoo Primo for those who wants the ATX case. I want functionality on a case, not just "pretty" looks. Corsair cases are over rated in my opinion.

Yuck, cube cases... also there is already the Enthoo Primo for those who wants the ATX case. I want functionality on a case, not just "pretty" looks. Corsair cases are over rated in my opinion.

Corsair is the apple of computer cases imo...overrated but build quality is amazing (i guess ive just had good experiences with that)

Functionality is a factor but hey who wants an ugly case (my opinion on the minivxl) 

Personally i'd rather have a beautiful clean case where i can mod it to be more functional for me (it makes me feel more accomplished since i worked to personalize the case)