Phanteks previewed their new Mini XL and Evolv case

Phanteks, redefining the concept of value

Looks like the H440 and the FT05 had a baby... and it's beautiful.

Very interested in that Evolv case.

Must. Find. More. Info.

They killin' it with their Enthoo line.

Very aggressive pricing. Nice.

If I didn't have a CaseLabs case, I would definitely pick the XL Mini up.

Give me phanteks, give me now.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Help, I can't stop watching this video!

I've watched it a couple of times, you're not the only one, it is a beautiful case.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Does it look like the Evolv has a 200mm intake fan to anybody else? Or is it just me? The case is 230mm wide, and that front intake fan goes almost edge to edge. I'm not super good at guesstimating, though.

But seriously, if this thing gives me 175mm+ of cpu heatsink clearance, it's insta-buy for me. No more going back and forth, this thing would be perfect. The H440 has 180mm cpu clearance, and that case is 10mm thinner than this one, so there's hope. Oh please, Phanteks Gods, let me install a Prolimatech MK-26, oh please oh please oh please...

The more I think about it, the more I'm now favoring the Evolv. They are both nice cases...I believe this is Phanteks calling out Corsair and NZXT to step up their game. :V

Corsair with their gaudy "gamer" cases as of late and NZXT having the nerve to call lack of 5.25" bays an "innovative feature" - no PWM hub for those fans also hurts. Phanteks is really starting to impress me with their chassis.

Why is everyone typing in such big letters?

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Great, after I buy this what should I do with my Fractal Design Arc Mini?

White Evolv? Yes please..

Looks like the H440 and the FT05 had a baby... and it's beautiful.

Very interested in that Evolv case.

Must. Find. More. Info.

Well this started my day off right! I was thinking my next build was gonna be in the H440 but the but the Evolv has me reconsidering that. If it comes in at the $80 price point or lower I think I will make the switch to M-Atx just for the how cool that case is. I was only gonna have a single gpu anyways.... 

the mITX case is curiously good, long GPU support and so many fan outlets!

i have very mixed feelings about DVD drives. though. 

love the features but do not like the looks. Was thinking about getting an entho primo when i got my case but i just like the plain look of the 750D a bit more(it was also cheaper here). All the being said, good on them for pushing the other case guys. Now if only silverstone would do a refresh to the TJ11, I would by the shit out of that.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Great, after I buy this what should I do with my Fractal Design Arc Mini?

Maybe a NAS? B)

If it comes in at the $80 price point or lower I think I will make the switch to M-Atx just for the how cool that case is. I was only gonna have a single gpu anyways.... 

If an all-aluminum case that nice comes in at about $80, I think A LOT of people will consider making that switch. I'd be ecstatic if it's under $150.

If an all-aluminum case that nice comes in at about $80, I think A LOT of people will consider making that switch. I'd be ecstatic if it's under $150.

Looking at what Phanteks have been doing, I bet it is going to be less than $150 but not less than $100. They're not spending much money on marketing, they're letting the users spread the news for them. Which is working of course... at those prices for the features and build quality is a no brainer.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Looking at what Phanteks have been doing, I bet it is going to be less than $150 but not less than $100. They're not spending much money on marketing, they're letting the users spread the news for them. Which is working of course... at those prices for the features and build quality is a no brainer.

I think if the entire thing is all aluminum, it'd probably retail around the same price as the mini cases from Lian Li - so if it is sub 150usd, I'd guess probably around 120-130usd for the Evolv and around 160usd+ or so for the mini XL. But this is also Phanteks so no telling what the price will end up on these things. If it is all alu, I highly doubt it'd retail for sub 100 dollars. I mean, even if it were 160+usd like the more expensive mini cases from Lian Li, it'd still be good value considering the overwhelming amount of consideration the engineers put into this thing! Lian Li on the other hand has almost always had such terrible internals that it's a crying shame how the insides are so bad vs the outsides. (My Lian Li cube is sitting in the garage ffs)

That Enthoo Evolv is seriously making me think of going with a mATX build, but I don't know much about mATX boards... they seriously need to do an ATX Evolv too. Judging by the comments on YouTube and other forums, the Enthoo Evolv is getting a lot of attention from the users.

That Enthoo Evolv is seriously making me think of going with a mATX build, but I don't know much about mATX boards... they seriously need to do an ATX Evolv too. Judging by the comments on YouTube and other forums, the Enthoo Evolv is getting a lot of attention from the users.

As someone with a matx platform, I can tell you that you aren't missing anything aside from no 3 way/quad SLI. Like the standard ATX board, the feature set tends to be dictated by price. There are some pretty nice Z97 based matx boards out, the gaming one from MSI with the onboard headphone amp looks so good. Normally I say the chassis themselves can be a problem with going matx, but Phanteks pretty much proved that you don't have to make compromises for a baller matx chassis, just be innovative.

Agree on that ATX bit, though. There were times when I saw a case that looked nice before it launched only to find out it's another over sized itx case. I want to use my existing hardware, not change everything just for the case. Likewise, those with nice parts already would rather swap into a case instead of changing everything flat out.

-snip-

Glad to know from a mATX user itself, the only con I could think of the Evolv is the 4 pci slots instead of 5.