Phanteks previewed their new Mini XL and Evolv case

It does have a 5.25" bay in the rear. Detachable by screws if you don't want it. They mention it in that video at about 47 seconds in.

Edit: Sorry, tried to post the vid at that point, but bookmarked videos do not seem to embed using [ media ] vid [ / media ] like normal videos do.

I totally missed that part, and it show it clearly, I feel dumb now... thanks!

I think it does, which is kinda odd. But, not many people use ODDs that often anymore. My Samsung blu ray drive is a 40 dollar paper weight basically. The fan hub also allows pwm which would eliminate the need for a fan controller..I guess you could stuff an NZXT Hue in the rear since this thing has a decently sized window. :P

I might need it for a collection of games I have, but that's a nice idea with the NZXT hue... mmm.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

• 2 weeks later...

I'll try to keep this as clean as possible since I don't know forum rules on cursing, but why did they have to do this now! I just decided on the Enthoo Pro after a good 3-4 months of looking at cases for a build I'm putting together in a couple months and now I have 2 more cases to look at, and I'll have to learn all the drawbacks of using ITX and Micro ATX over standard ATX.

All in all they both look nice, for what I'm building I might go with the EVOLV since its all aluminum (Plastic and I aren't good friends and I do what I can to avoid it.), can support SLI (I'll never do 3-way or 4-way SLI as long the gain is minimal), and looks perfect.

At the same time the Mini XL is nice for the dual system option, while its not in the near future for me, I would love to have a second PC + a switch so I can edit video and play at the same time, this would make 2 systems easier to transport and look alot cooler.

And of course the case I decided on previously the Enthoo Primo was a great price, tons of features and support for anything I could throw at it, and looked better than most cases I could find under 150USD.

In the end I love all the Phanteks cases, looking at Corsairs recent track record with a flimsy build quality I didn't want to go that route, and the Enthoo line is definitely the way I will go after checking around, I just have to decide which one which may just be impossible!

EDIT: I'll likely wait for the Hardware Canucks review before I decide, but all in all I can't see where they could go wrong here given the quality of the Primo/Pro.

-snip-

I was thinking the same, but I feel like mATX is for users who either won't sli/crossfire at all or will but watercool the cards. I want to sli but I won't watercool the cards in the near future, so I don't want the top card to be choked(Enthoo Evolv). Another option was the z87 G1 Sniper m5 which you can put two cards and they would have a single slot space between them. But that would be on the Enthoo Mini XL since it's the one that has 5 pci slots. 

However, the Enthoo Mini XL is as big or taller than the Enthoo Luxe or Pro... so I said, what's the point of going mATX then? And so I am still waiting for the Enthoo Luxe in the meantime. Unless Nvidia releases a card by the end of this year, that can single handle 1440p 60+fps ultra on 95% of the current games I'd have to go sli. If they do, the Enthoo Evolv has my heart, I love that case, I would pay $150 for that sexy aluminum body.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

They look so good thought, and look at all the cooling capabilities of the Mini XL.

Enthoo Mini XL

enthoo_minixl_02_1024x768.jpg
enthoo_minixl_01_1024x768.jpg
computex-2014-phanteks-boitier-enthoo-pr
enthoo_minixl_03_1024x768.jpg
1330689def0a95323ad8b22dd400dcc5.jpgcomputex-2014-phanteks-boitier-enthoo-pr

Enthoo Evolv

acb3706cbe967a0dad7dc9625c2fc85d.jpg9c86e6308ed47fff18a006567091ad8c.jpgf66997858ae5183908749b79828e2fc8.jpgbf6b57a2b7a4895e742a2c1c0ca66740.jpg8fc0c3ace4b953b82c474ab757fb2447.jpg

The Mini XL is pretty nice.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

So many ideas for that dual mATX mITX build: Do we get a second power button somewhere? I'd be awesome if I could turn off my main system but leave my ITX "NAS" server up and running.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Dear mother of GabeN, these are two cases that have pretty much everything I've wanted for a while..

So hard to decide which is better.. They're so different.

• 1 month later...

PLEASE tell me that the mini xl will take a Matx board......

must have it.... all teh fans!

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

PLEASE tell me that the mini xl will take a Matx board......

must have it.... all teh fans!

The Mini XL will take a m-ATX board...

and a mini-ITX board...

at the same time.

Small Edit: micro to mini word switch...

The Mini XL will take a m-ATX board...

and a micro-ITX board...

at the same time.

yes-oh-my-god.jpg

I must has it...... it has 2 rear exhaust fans.... something I've desperatly been looking for in a case How much is it, do we know?

Has anyone heard any info about release dates for the evolv? When they announced it they said sometime in July and that has come and gone. 

Still waiting...

While not related, I've noticed the Corsair air 240 on Newegg with a release date of late August weeks ago. Fast forward to today, the air 240 now has an ETA of sometime in September. I really hope Phanteks isn't going to do the same because I need a new case. 

Still waiting...

While not related, I've noticed the Corsair air 240 on Newegg with a release date of late August weeks ago. Fast forward to today, the air 240 now has an ETA of sometime in September. I really hope Phanteks isn't going to do the same because I need a new case. 

Same. Do we have a price range for it yet?

Same. Do we have a price range for it yet?

Let's see...the Enthoo Pro ranges between 90-110 dollars, The Luxe is 150. These are matx cases, though the Mini XL has the option to support dual boards. 

I predict the Evolv will probably be 110-130 due to being made of aluminium and the Mini XL around the price of the Luxe These are just predictions, Phanteks has been really quiet on releasing any new info since teasing those cases..

Let's see...the Enthoo Pro ranges between 90-110 dollars, The Luxe is 150. These are matx cases, though the Mini XL has the option to support dual boards. 

I predict the Evolv will probably be 110-130 due to being made of aluminium and the Mini XL around the price of the Luxe These are just predictions, Phanteks has been really quiet on releasing any new info since teasing those cases..

Damnit, I cannot wait that long!

I've been looking sooo hard for a case that has 2 rear exhaust fans (I just like that look, I like fans, MOAR FANS) but that doesn't cost more than all the mer in the world like caselabs case's do.

I might be in the minority here, but I'd rather they take longer to release the case if it means they can take that time to perfect it.

I'm also hoping they change up the window panel design eventually to better resemble their other cases. I like their two window design approach with the smaller one pretty much just showing off their logo.

Kinda like this...

wsa975.png

and moving the logo over to the right.

The price was mentioned earlier in this thread as $129 for the Evolv. Could always change, as could the release date. Damn the internals of the Evolv look better than I expected.

The price was mentioned earlier in this thread as $129 for the Evolv. Could always change, as could the release date. Damn the internals of the Evolv look better than I expected.

The price may indeed change from my earlier posting of $129. I've found reports stating it to be as low as $110 usd. I'll try to find the link for those interested...

Edit: Nope, can't seem to figure out where I read that. Sorry.

would like to see a watercooled build in the mini after seeing how many rads you can fit in that thing

I really need to get this case.

All these ideas. . .  :blink:

These are actually pretty awesome, at first I wasn't really impressed by the MiniXL, but being able to fit 2 systems in a case that size? Awesome. Imagine having a dedicated little lan server in there, with your gaming PC. Hella boss.
And the Evolv just looks smexy as hell. I just love the aesthetic and the amount of watercooling support that's been thought about. I'd love to be able to build a fully watercooled system in there...

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

Oh Lord the mini xl is soooooo cool! Duel system? AWESOME. Not that I'd need that, but Damn.

The price may indeed change from my earlier posting of $129. I've found reports stating it to be as low as $110 usd. I'll try to find the link for those interested...

Edit: Nope, can't seem to figure out where I read that. Sorry.

Link is here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186420-phanteks-evolv-release/

That's suppose to be the SRP for the Enthoo Evolv here. Not sure if it'll change though..

i5 4690k, Z97m gaming, Kingston Savage 2x4gb 1600, Msi r9 290, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv, WD Blue 1tb, CM V650, Asus VX239H, CM Quickfire Rapid-I, Logitech G502.