GN's Goals, Scope, Approach, & Reporting Stances & Policies (NEW video)

44 minutes ago, William Payne said:

I love that CVO title. It must be weird when it’s your company, but you aren’t the CEO. 

Not necessarily, there are a lot of privately owned companies which are run by other people. Owner/founders may have been very successful laying a good foundation for the business when it’s small, but aren’t equipped to lead once the company gets to a certain size.

I give kudos on Linus recognizing he wasn’t equipped anymore to run the day-to-day functions of the company he created, though in hindsight I think the transition was a year or two overdue.

15 hours ago, Bingodingo said:

anybody a fervent internet archivist with a copy of the video?

There is a copy uploaded by someone else on youtube. Just search for it and you will find the full video.

24 minutes ago, Biomancer81 said:

There is a copy uploaded by someone else on youtube. Just search for it and you will find the full video.

Not found. 😞

7 hours ago, Spec7re said:

I agree.

To be fair I do not wish any ill will towards Steve and by extension GN. I really enjoy his content, I just take issue on how he handles and or delivers information at times. If anything I knew the moment I watched Ian Cuttress's video this was going to be Steve's (GN's) defining moment based on how he was going to respond.

And notice like every few words Ian would specify something as being his opinion? Also he didnt go easy on LTT either.

It was nice to see someone address stuff, that can hold two or more thoughts about a topic at the same time.

13 hours ago, Battlenat0r said:

There seems to be a video grabbed before it was ¨removed¨ or privated.
Gamers Nexus: This is Important: Our Ethics Policies, Contact Transparency, & Reporting Stances

11 hours ago, kurangak said:

https://streamable.com/sw5jn6

heres GN's video that was taken down earlier, credit to reddit

18 minutes ago, Cavalry Canuck said:

Not found. 😞

I don't know what the current status is, but I did successfully view the stream, and downloaded the file successfully.

I personally don't recommend pasting URLs and downloading files you don't understand, though.

Hope that helps.

English is not my first language, and grammatical errors do exist.

Recent upgrade:CPU:AMD 5600 out AMD 7600 in, MB:ROG B450-F out MAG X670E TOMAHAWK WIFI in,

Memory:16gX2 3200mhz out 16gX2 Acer Vesta II 6000MHz in,

DESKTOP:

CPU:AMD 7600,GPU:TUF 4090 OG OC,MB:MAG X670E TOMAHAWK WIFI,Memory:16gX2 Acer Vesta II 6000MHz,Storage:2TB sn850+7.68TB CD6+4TB Acer GM7000 with thunderbolt SSD enclosure,

Case:P400A,PSU:Cooler Master V850 Gold V2,CPU cooler:assassin spirit 120,Monitor:MSI MAG274QRF-QD+neo g7+AOC CU34G2XP,

Mouse:G PRO,Keyboard:G915 TKL,

MOBILE:

LAPTOP:thinkbook 14+(7840H+32G ram),Mouse:MX anywhere 2s,4TB GM7000 with thunderbolt SSD enclosure,

IPAD:PRO12.9 (M1+16GB RAM)

PHONE:iphone 14 pro,oppo find N3.DAP:sony zx100, sony zx507.

AUDIO:

wireless:airpods pro2,sony xm4,

wired:jvc fx1100,audio technica IM02,audio technica IM04,sony mdr-1a,

NAS:

CPU:i5 4690,MB:asus z97-k,Memory:8gX2 ddr3,Storage:250GB ssdX2 raid for boot,10X10TB HDD raid z2,HBA card, 2.5g NIC,

7 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

You mean here where he says it's not a sleight, it's just a more complicated issue than has been reported by other people?  That doesn't seem smug at all to me, or angry.  It's just clearing things up.

Also, as a reminder, they ended up being right.

PS: I just remembered I took issue with that video myself, but for a very different reason.  I didn't like they way they kept using "theory" in place of "hypothesis". 😄

Edit: Also I 100% agree that there's nothing wrong with different formats.  Entertainment is a good thing.  And GN could probably use a little more humor.  I just don't think it's "smug".

The Theory vs Hypothesis thing is a huge pet peeve of mine, because they have very specific definitions, and people tend to use theory when they mean hypothesis.

7 hours ago, Mr. Rabbit said:

I don't regularly watch GN, because I can see the paint drying up while he talks, and I need more than that when I put a video on background.

But when I need to check a review on something, I will always check his channel to see if they have a video on that, as I will check LTT, Jay, Paul's Hardware, etc.

My problem right now is that he stirred all this drama, painted himself as a paragon of morality and ethics in journalism, and when called on it, his response is to deflect criticism, make up his own rules, and when called on it again, he makes the video private and makes an empty statement about "not reading the room".

Never did he own up to his mistakes, and that makes me sad, because I want them to have quality, as it is good for everyone.

He calls himself an expert in journalism (in his personal Linkedin page), but then proceeds to ignore one of the basic foundations of journalism to stir up drama and take a competitor down a notch.

If this was about the true story, he would've given us both sides.
And when he didn't, he should've apologized for that, instead of doubling down.

And hopefully, LMG can actually fulfil their promises to do better, it would be great for everyone if they can get the Labs running full steam ahead with great precision.

He will never apologize, because the rules are for everyone else and not him.

5 hours ago, Basti0815 said:

Do you have a source for that? This would be too good to be true 😂

Yeah, go watch the video where they say they are taking a break. The email is shown.

31 minutes ago, Cavalry Canuck said:

Not found. 😞

Check page 2.. or search... 

3 hours ago, William Payne said:

This is hilariously stupid. Gamers Nexus took a video down because they weren’t happy with it. They also agreed with peoples comments. 

Basically saying they are going to start holding themselves to the same standards. 

Yet people still want to throw them under the bus. 

I think taking the video down was the right thing to do amidst all the drama going around, a bunch of other youtubers discussing it and putting their own bias into it isn't helping either, so I can understand why Steve decided to take it down. I watched all of the video and didn't find anything alarming or wrong with it.

I'm not surprised people keep throwing GN under there bus here, people get emotional over it because of the parasocial relationship they have with their favorite tech youtuber,  even after hundreds of pages in the other thread, people keep repeating the same things putting the blame on Steve and GN, there isn't any changing the minds of the fanbase.

1 minute ago, Blademaster91 said:

I think taking the video down was the right thing to do amidst all the drama going around, a bunch of other youtubers discussing it and putting their own bias into it isn't helping either, so I can understand why Steve decided to take it down. I watched all of the video and didn't find anything alarming or wrong with it.

I'm not surprised people keep throwing GN under there bus here, people get emotional over it because of the parasocial relationship they have with their favorite tech youtuber,  even after hundreds of pages in the other thread, people keep repeating the same things putting the blame on Steve and GN, there isn't any changing the minds of the fanbase.

As a viewer of both channels. Gamers Nexus community is far more mature and far less dangerously toxic. I don't know if that's an age demographic difference or just the type of people who watch Gamers Nexus being more calmer. I don't know. 

13 minutes ago, William Payne said:

age demographic difference

Bingo.

33 minutes ago, William Payne said:

As a viewer of both channels. Gamers Nexus community is far more mature and far less dangerously toxic. I don't know if that's an age demographic difference or just the type of people who watch Gamers Nexus being more calmer. I don't know. 

I also think it's about the channels core differences. Gamers Nexus is an analytical channel which tends to bring analytical geeky people in, were LTT is more of an entertainment type channel. 

1 hour ago, William Payne said:

As a regular viewer of GN, and arguably even a fan (although I try to avoid any type of loyalty as much as possible), it's important to note that the GN fanbase isn't really "wholesome" either. I know that's not what you said, but I felt it was important point to make. I've seen some incredibly sexist and racist comments in the videos. Sadly that's just a massive problem with the tech space anywhere you go, but it's also everyone's responsibility to stand up to.

Again, I know you didn't say that the GN fanbase was universally good, but it's important to remember that toxicity exists everywhere in the tech space.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

52 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

As a regular viewer of GN, and arguably even a fan (although I try to avoid any type of loyalty as much as possible), it's important to note that the GN fanbase isn't really "wholesome" either. I know that's not what you said, but I felt it was important point to make. I've seen some incredibly sexist and racist comments in the videos. Sadly that's just a massive problem with the tech space anywhere you go, but it's also everyone's responsibility to stand up to.

Again, I know you didn't say that the GN fanbase was universally good, but it's important to remember that toxicity exists everywhere in the tech space.

That is a bit different. Unfortunately bigotry was once normal in a time where people view morality was better so that is a whole lot of controversial subject on its own right there. 

43 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

I agree. The gamer community in general, beyond just LMG and GN included has been a “bro” fest throughout. I would like it to change, but that’s easier said than done. At least the gamer space has moved on from when I would read back in Electronic Gaming Monthly magazine and IGN on the internet in the late 90s/early 2000s about the “booth babes” at E3. And how the (male) writers of both media outlets would consider the “babes” as a highlight of the show.

There may be different kinds of toxicity in all of the subgroups in the community and it may present itself in different ways, but we shouldn’t kid ourselves; the toxicity exists everywhere. Small strides have been made over the years towards gender and racial equality in the community, but unfortunately there’s still a LONG ways to go. 😞 

35 minutes ago, 5tranger said:

I agree. The gamer community in general, beyond just LMG and GN included has been a “bro” fest throughout. I would like it to change, but that’s easier said than done. At least the gamer space has moved on from when I would read back in Electronic Gaming Monthly magazine and IGN on the internet in the late 90s/early 2000s about the “booth babes” at E3. And how the (male) writers of both media outlets would consider the “babes” as a highlight of the show.

There may be different kinds of toxicity in all of the subgroups in the community and it may present itself in different ways, but we shouldn’t kid ourselves; the toxicity exists everywhere. Small strides have been made over the years towards gender and racial equality in the community, but unfortunately there’s still a LONG ways to go. 😞 

It is not just the gamer community. Look at the movie revenge of the nerds computer tech type people always get lumped under the socially awkward, terrible with women stereotypes. Sadly the problem with stereotypes is people live upto them. 

9 minutes ago, William Payne said:

It is not just the gamer community. Look at the movie revenge of the nerds computer tech type people always get lumped under the socially awkward, terrible with women stereotypes. Sadly the problem with stereotypes is people live upto them. 

Definitely, I was focused on the gamer community because that’s GN’s and somewhat LMG’s space. The toxicity exists in many corners of the internet. Heck, I frequent taking trips to Disney World and the fan community there can be just as bad if not more toxic as any tech/gamer community.

Honestly, there are some parallels between the two communities. In the Disney vlog/YouTube space there seems to be a contraction ongoing where there is less news surrounding Disney and less views on YouTube and related blog sites, so the online “influencers” have begun to make more hit pieces, or videos complaining about something and feel the need to air their grievances with the Disney Corporation in videos. The drama does keep the views going and people talking in forums/comments, even if it’s toxic and damaging in the long run.

I do see some parallels with the GN / LMG tussle to what I’ve seen in the Disney community. We all know the gaming PC space is in a contraction. So there’s less interest in hearing about news about PCs and probably less cash flow covering PCs. It’s really easy for “influencers” to start slinging mud at each other or companies or to just generally stir up some drama to rev up views (because drama is a great way to get people talking) and to at least temporarily stay relevant with people and rev up cash flows; even if it’s damaging in the long run.

Not saying stirring the pot / creating drama to drive clicks was the main motivation for GN and Steve going after LMG at this very moment, but I’ve recently seen this same kind of behavior from other communities and I see the parallels.

@mMontana @William Payne Usually you are right. But did you even watch the videos where they talked about this? They specifically hired him for Linuse to get rid of the daily CEO related workload and not to lead the company.

Also Linus is still the owner. If he says no, it´s no. No matter what the CEO wants.

6 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@mMontana @William Payne Usually you are right. But did you even watch the videos where they talked about this? They specifically hired him for Linuse to get rid of the daily CEO related workload and not to lead the company.

Also Linus is still the owner. If he says no, it´s no. No matter what the CEO wants.

yeah I saw the video but I’ve also worked with CEO’s who weren’t owners. They spent most of their time trying not to have the owners drive of a cliff. 

@pApA^LeGBa I'd love to cite Wikipedia. Which is not business 101, but describe part of the job of Chief executive officer.

Source

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_executive_officer

The responsibilities of an organization's CEO are set by the organization's board of directors or other authority, depending on the organization's structure. They can be far-reaching or quite limited, and are typically enshrined in a formal delegation of authority regarding business administration. Typically, responsibilities include being an active decision-maker on business strategy and other key policy issues, leader, manager, and executor. The communicator role can involve speaking to the press and to the public, as well as to the organization's management and employees; the decision-making role involves high-level decisions about policy and strategy. The CEO is tasked with implementing the goals, targets and strategic objectives as determined by the board of directors. 

If a company is a ship, board of directors are captain, and CEO is XO or Executive Officer. With this small difference.

The "Company Captain" announce "This is your XO", then leave the bridge, so XO acts as a captain. When XO makes mess or don't fullfill the mission objective, "Company Captain" come back on bridge and can nominate anoter XO, or acting as captain.

This is the whole meaning of CEO. According to history and public behaviour of Mr Sebastian and Dr Ho, I doubt that Dr Tong will have the usual CEO powers as other companies have The presence of both owners as CFO and CVO are there for keep the hand close to the helm.

However: this is legit. LMG is no public company, so rules about powers and roles are less strict.

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

It really seems you two didn´t pay attention in that video. I know what the definition of a CEO is supposed to be, however they made it clear that this is a special case. Maybe watch the video again?

Maybe I am not requested to totally believe anything is reported into video and believe a company?

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

word of warning. if you talk about this video on hardware sub reddit. they will ban you for mention it.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

17 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

It really seems you two didn´t pay attention in that video. I know what the definition of a CEO is supposed to be, however they made it clear that this is a special case. Maybe watch the video again?

worst excuse ive seen in a while "but this is different!" 

what ltt needs to do is make far less videos but with higher quality (why are their videos so expensive,  its certainly not reflected in the quality? ) and much better researched especially. 

the times they said this phone has 8gb and then it really has 3 isnt even funny anymore (and no, don't quote me on numbers but thats the gist of it lol)

same goes for gn ig, with the caveat that he already is "garage style" so quality may not be priority here. 

he's more if a news/salesman, i don't think change is absolutely required. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity