GN's Goals, Scope, Approach, & Reporting Stances & Policies (NEW video)

On 8/28/2023 at 8:43 AM, William Payne said:

As a viewer of both channels. Gamers Nexus community is far more mature and far less dangerously toxic. I don't know if that's an age demographic difference or just the type of people who watch Gamers Nexus being more calmer. I don't know. 

I think that is not a fair comments considering the number of the community size differ so much.

Due to the size of LMG community it have wider demographic.

Even if the spread of demographic is the same and 1% of the community is toxic the number of toxic member of the community from LMG would be bigger as it have bigger number.

20 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@mMontana @William Payne Usually you are right. But did you even watch the videos where they talked about this? They specifically hired him for Linuse to get rid of the daily CEO related workload and not to lead the company.

Also Linus is still the owner. If he says no, it´s no. No matter what the CEO wants.

I disagree with you.

Linus said the CEO duty is to steer the company direction. Linus have control on the boundary of the company, meaning there are thing they set that is non negotiable such as company value.

Beside the CEO can basically override Linus with Yvonne support as Linus is not the sole owner of the company.

I watched the video and I don't really see what the big deal was. Maybe it was the specific examples of real world situations? I don't know. I think saying words during this fiasco, related to the topics of concern in it, will always make you think of one situation or another. Maybe that was the issue? Happy I got to watch it, but I honestly don't get what the uproar was about. 

30 minutes ago, Absentia13 said:

I watched the video and I don't really see what the big deal was. Maybe it was the specific examples of real world situations? I don't know. I think saying words during this fiasco, related to the topics of concern in it, will always make you think of one situation or another. Maybe that was the issue? Happy I got to watch it, but I honestly don't get what the uproar was about. 

If i had to guess why, in the video Steve generally gives an example of why they don't contact a company and gives a long explination as to why that is the case and give some evidence. In the case of LTT they make a ton accusation in like 10 seconds but no explanation or evidence. Granted i only watched about 70% of the video so maybe they added it onto the end after that segment.

Well, can´t take GN serious with their policies as long as they keep not meeting their own standards. I mean they treat LTT like a company because they sell merch (that was the inital reason to do that when the backpack warranty thing happened) but der8auer who selsl actual tech is a friend.

Yeah.

They do have good reviews and in depth videos, but they shouldn´t act as the moral police when they can´t meet their own guidelines.

On 8/28/2023 at 9:43 AM, William Payne said:

As a viewer of both channels. Gamers Nexus community is far more mature and far less dangerously toxic. I don't know if that's an age demographic difference or just the type of people who watch Gamers Nexus being more calmer. I don't know. 

disagree. GN and by proxy the types of viewers attracted, are more toxic and holier than thou, too religious in worshipping steve words as the be all end all

i don't even think there are hard core LTT defenders, we watch their channel as entertainment and tech quickies, we have no strong attachments to their words

7 hours ago, perryckd said:

disagree. GN and by proxy the types of viewers attracted, are more toxic and holier than thou, too religious in worshipping steve words as the be all end all

i don't even think there are hard core LTT defenders, we watch their channel as entertainment and tech quickies, we have no strong attachments to their words

its like a religion to them. i seen a mass split after the cutniess video and all 3 video(the one that steve most lily will never re upload)

steve currently milking starfield atm

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

15 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Well, can´t take GN serious with their policies as long as they keep not meeting their own standards. I mean they treat LTT like a company because they sell merch (that was the inital reason to do that when the backpack warranty thing happened) but der8auer who selsl actual tech is a friend.

Yeah.

They do have good reviews and in depth videos, but they shouldn´t act as the moral police when they can´t meet their own guidelines.

This is the big problem when you start calling others out. You'd better make sure your own closet is clear of skeletons when you start applying "ethical standards" to others. Otherwise its just comes off as hypocritical.

The issue for me isn't that he called out LMG, they really needed a good wake up call. Its just that he's applying his own standards to other's, meanwhile he's doing similar things (ie: der8auer).

I see people arguing that GN pulled their recent video on this topic due to the fact it wasn't up to his standards. To which I say, well it must have been up to his stanards if he released it in the first place. He only pulled it after backlash, so lets cut the BS.

I was listening to the WAN show from 3-4 weeks ago when they were discussing the XQC situation. Ironically they were talking about parasocial echo chambers and how they can have a negative impact on creators. If all you do is listen to the good comments, then its easy to fall into the trap where you assume you are doing nothing wrong. I would say LMG fell into this, but I feel that GN is falling into this trap as well. Many of GN's followers keep telling him he's done nothing wrong...

While good comments can be uplifting, if you really care about improving yourself, you need to ignore those comments, they have the potential to blind you to your own short comings. These people will only tell you what you want to hear. The people you need to pay attention to are the ones providing valid, but constructive feedback. I would say this to any creator LMG, GN, Jayztwocents, etc...

12 hours ago, perryckd said:

The mental gymnastics required to post this without being sarcasm is truly something to behold.

21 hours ago, perryckd said:

Haha, yes they are around.

On 8/27/2023 at 9:12 AM, LinusTechLies said:

Absolutely was fair not to contact LTT about the issues, because if they their quality control, systems and checks where in place they would have absolutely picked up on it themselves.

And the indication was they where aware of these issues but could not be bothered as by Linus saying they could not be bothered to reshoot a video and spend $500 to fix a video.

And blaming a mouse company for not checking the bottom of a mouse for a protective film when that mouse was most likely handled by a dozen people before the review and not a single person though to look at the bottom of said mouse.

Not to mention the shit show that was the water block prototype that they absolutely knew was not designed for the video card in question but still went ahead and knowingly reviewed it with the wrong hardware.

And to all the LLT defenders grinding their teeth and yelling at Steve being biased and calling his video hit pieces. He is holding LTT to their own standards. Remember what Linus said about corporations?

They are absolutely not your friend, and their apology video screamed big multi million dollar corporation we are reading our apologies from a pre scripted teleprompter.

Not to mention their absolute arrogance that goes with being a big company making jokes during the video plugging store merch, releasing it as an exclusive on floatplane and monatizing the video.

These actions and behaviour are all the hall marks of a corporation that cares more about profits than anything else.

But they are a big multi million dollar corporation now. They need PR management and people who know how to manage other people and who can lead. They need to make money. I know some people have been around from the start but I thought that this was becoming obvious particularly with merch store plugs and Floatplane plugs too. They aren't a Hardware Unboxed or a GN or Kitguru and they aren't a struggling corporation anymore (as Yvonne said).

Their apology video stops things from getting worse. The only way they fix the situation and improve it is showing their audience that they've done so. Firing people who have done wrong things/wronged people, fixing processes so that the Billet Labs situation can never happen again, getting people who know mice to do mice reviews, cleaning up their data in reviews.

Ian Cutress made a good point about GN and their investigative journalism though.

My Rigs | CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X | Motherboard: ASRock X570 Taichi | CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 | GPU: AMD Radeon Powercolor 7800XT Hellhound | RAM: 32GB of G.Skill Trident Z Neo @3600MHz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W G+ | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C TG | SSDs: WD BLACK SN850X 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | SSHD: Seagate FireCuda 2TB (Backup) | HDD: Seagate IronWolf 4TB (Backup of Other PCs) | Capture Card: AVerMedia Live Gamer HD 2 | Monitors: AOC G2590PX & Acer XV272U Pbmiiprzx | UPS: APC BR1500GI Back-UPS Pro | Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2 | Mouse: Razer Naga Pro | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

First System: Dell Dimension E521 with AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+, 3GB DDR2 RAM

PSU Tier List          AMD Motherboard Tier List          SSD Tier List